List Mgmt. Next Generation Academy Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

This is too calm and measured for my liking. Be outraged!
You’re right though but it doesn’t change the fact that the afl is a basket case with no ****ing idea
Haha very true. I just hate the thought of it screwing over north, but logically they wouldve had to consider this and this would easily be the rebuttal "give us fisher, stephens, hardeman, goad and Dawson and you can have sanders"

Not sure anyone is doing that trade tbh.

Just don't understand why the AFL don't run academies all over the country themselves and players then go into open draft.

Because that would mean the AFL cannot contrive outcomes.

The AFL are not interested in fair the AFL are interested in trying to make themselves look clever while ping ponging from decision to decision where most secondary or subsequent decisions are made to counter act previous decisions unintended consequences.

So in a comparative world of 2023.
Would it be like GC having access to Walter, Read, Rodgers and Graham.

And us being told, ‘no.’ ?

So they’d be saying, ‘let’s go with the GC plan of 2023, we like it better than the one we sanctioned for north.’
Apples and oranges. No one's had academy access except them for 4 years. You'd dare say a crop like that shouldn't happen again

You'd pick there crop over sanders plus our PPs so.... we still got a leg up. Not as much as others in past but more so then some as well

Funnily enough, there's only 3 or 4 clubs without compensation or academy picks... one of then is the essendon.

Because that would mean the AFL cannot contrive outcomes.

The AFL are not interested in fair the AFL are interested in trying to make themselves look clever while ping ponging from decision to decision where most secondary or subsequent decisions are made to counter act previous decisions unintended consequences.
They’re also not interested in growing the game.

They’re interested in maximising viewership in non football states because their bonuses are linked to tv numbers.

They can’t do that if the northern clubs aren’t given a significant advantage in selecting players to enable them to remain competitive.

If Kayde Pickett is any good this also ****s us over and rules us out at having a shot at him as Port can match at anytime.

Why the sudden backflip? No chance they change it back and stick with it as every person and their dog can see how much it compromises the draft. Especially odd considering the backlash last year around how far the start of the 2nd round was pushed back.

Seems like a contrived distraction from something.

Apples and oranges. No one's had academy access except them for 4 years. You'd dare say a crop like that shouldn't happen again

You'd pick there crop over sanders plus our PPs so.... we still got a leg up. Not as much as others in past but more so then some as well

Funnily enough, there's only 3 or 4 clubs without compensation or academy picks... one of then is the essendon.

They were drugged to the eyeballs and still got the no.1 pick.
Count's as a leg up to me.

They were drugged to the eyeballs and still got the no.1 pick.
Count's as a leg up to me.
Technicality really. I think those punishments pushed them back more them they got out of pick 1 (of there own doing of course)

Also with hindsight ash McGrath's hasn't set the world on fire as a pick 1.

Who else is there? I'm including top kine father sons as a leg up as well (so Geelong clearly I'm front)
Adelaide?
Freo?

Technicality really. I think those punishments pushed them back more them they got out of pick 1 (of there own doing of course)

Who else is there? I'm including top kine father sons as a leg up as well (so Geelong clearly I'm front)
Adelaide?
Freo?

Portarpalaide.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Meh hardeman, goad, Dawson instead of sanders in reality.

It was either those PPs or sanders as NGA.

Also got fisher and Stephens coz of those concessions.

We realistically cannot be too but hurt... sanders also wasn't a need and the other picks were so we are in the positive really.

If anything melbourne should be the ones aggrieved moreso.
This is probably true, if they had allowed us access to Sanders, it's most likely would have been instead of PPs.

But really why should it have been. So many other clubs have received much better draft assistance than us in the past and it certainly didn't cancel out anything else.

I know it isn't how the AFL works in reality, but, if they are changing the rules (again) on NGAs and it means we missed out by a year on a top 6 talent we would have otherwise had access to, we can feel hard done by, it should be irrelevant that we happened to get some draft assistance in that same year.

We always seem to be on the wrong end of these constant rule changes. Geelong set up a triple premiership squad picking up multiple father sons, Scarlett, Hawkins, Ablett (x2) for picks in the 40s while also drafting Bartel, Johnson, Kelly and Selwood (amongst others) in those same years with earlier picks. Probably because of this, we had to give up pick 8 for Luke McDonald a few years later.

You couldn't make it up that the Dogs get JUH with pick 1 in a very shallow 2020 draft, despite finishing 7th and playing finals and then they change the rules and we miss out on Sanders a few years later and he goes to none other than the Dogs! (As well as them also getting another top 2 tall as a FS in the years in between!)

Also, the person at the AFL who "without bias" determined a portion of our draft assistance was our former coach and at the time a couple of weeks away from being coach of *. The same person, now entrenched in his role as * coach, was one of the loudest protesters last year at the mere suggestion of us getting access to Sanders as an NGA. But low and behold, him and * are now set to be the first big winner of the changing of the NGA rules again this year!

This is probably true, if they had allowed us access to Sanders, it's most likely would have been instead of PPs.

But really why should it have been. So many other clubs have received much better draft assistance than us in the past and it certainly didn't cancel out anything else.

I know it isn't how the AFL works in reality, but, if they are changing the rules (again) on NGAs and it means we missed out by a year on a top 6 talent we would have otherwise had access to, we can feel hard done by, it should be irrelevant that we happened to get some draft assistance in that same year.

We always seem to be on the wrong end of these constant rule changes. Geelong set up a triple premiership squad picking up multiple father sons, Scarlett, Hawkins, Ablett (x2) for picks in the 40s while also drafting Bartel, Johnson, Kelly and Selwood (amongst others) in those same years with earlier picks. Probably because of this, we had to give up pick 8 for Luke McDonald a few years later.

You couldn't make it up that the Dogs get JUH with pick 1 in a very shallow 2020 draft, despite finishing 7th and playing finals and then they change the rules and we miss out on Sanders a few years later and he goes to none other than the Dogs! (As well as them also getting another top 2 tall as a FS in the years in between!)

Also, the person at the AFL who "without bias" determined a portion of our draft assistance was our former coach and at the time a couple of weeks away from being coach of *. The same person, now entrenched in his role as * coach, was one of the loudest protesters last year at the mere suggestion of us getting access to Sanders as an NGA. But low and behold, him and * are now set to be the first big winner of the changing of the NGA rules again this year!
Very true... stinks really. But at least we have been given some shiny toys, whilst not the best, it'll help me sleep a bit better at night lol

So does this mean it comes down to where Kayde descides he wants to go ? North or Poorte..
Yes but as if he’d want to leave Adelaide .. Would be Blakey all over again.

Before the knee jerk ****ing rule change yesterday, it would have been come to North FS or go into the open draft.

Let’s hope he is dud now and is only worthy of a late pick and no bids come then it’s a moot point and he can go to Port.

Last edited:

Adelaide?
Freo?
Not getting the best player in the draft because you select wrong or it isn't as strong as the year before doesn't dilute the benefit they received.

And they got the end of first round pick for some reason.

Forgotten that = Ridley.

The extra end of first-round pick was to Brisbane as a priority pick. Traded a couple of times and ended with Sydney, who took Will Hayward.

Ridley was just a normal pick at the start of the second round.

The extra end of first-round pick was to Brisbane as a priority pick. Traded a couple of times and ended with Sydney, who took Will Hayward.

Ridley was just a normal pick at the start of the second round.
It was * pick, technically moved from pick one to end of round. For some reason……

Attachments

• 2319E62D-29D8-4316-9DF2-F5C822E10CC5.png
    2319E62D-29D8-4316-9DF2-F5C822E10CC5.png
    129.8 KB · Views: 35
It was * pick, technically moved from pick one to end of round. For some reason……
There’ll be guys having meltdowns for players selected just before our pick/s - Daniel McKenzie was one of them.
Whoever we get is ours and I’ll back them in

Just don't understand why the AFL don't run academies all over the country themselves and players then go into open draft.

Why!!, Why, I'll tell you why!! They're shit scared if Shitney fell to the foot of the ladder, no Shitney campaigner would turn up. and for once the AFL would be correct.

They love a winner, them shitney types.

40 years later they've an academy cause they need to grow the game, forty ****ing years!! And no one ever mentions that fact.

I was 16 1984, we had an atari, and the rank arena, with the fancy remote on a lead. FFS, FMD and FML

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Next Generation Academy Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back