Next years Rising Star

Remove this Banner Ad

Clayton will be servicable and a good long-term prospect for Freo - if we can keep him!!!! but I cant see him winning rising star. He only got 9 possessions on the weekend but the pleasing thing was his persistence resulting in 2 goals under pressure in the last quarter (too bad for us West Perth supporters). I think guys like Dangerfield, Rich and Dawes are a bigger chance. BTW how good was Naita when he went into the ruck in the 2nd half....definately X factor material.

I guess you have not watched Rich playing in the WAFL then?

I have, playing in the best side outside of the AFL. Gets an arm-chair ride.

No one denies his obvious ability, the cannon that is his left boot. But when he was forced to get his own ball, deal with some close attention in the 18's carnival he struggled. He played a half of football against Vic metro when it was obvious both sides were not tagging. Joke that he got AA.

In a side like Freo or West Coast he will have to find his own ball, work harder. And currently, when he has had to step up, he has struggled.

Big call. Would you have said the same thing about Gibbs?

Nope, I tipped Selwood, though. This year I tipped Houli to win from Palmer. I still think Houli will end up having a better career than 90% of the nominees from the Rising Star Award this year.

Selwood, Palmer and Rich are simply amazing.

I didn't pick Pearce the year he won it, but to me there wasn't a clear standout that year. In the year Deledio won it, I tipped Franklin. At least I could see he was going to be something special.

Also tipped Murphy when he won it, but there wasn't a clear standout that year either.

I usually have a pretty good track record with identifying young talent by only watching a handful of games. What I have seen from Rich is clear and a cut above anyone else I have seen from the 2008 draftees. Looks like a 25-year-old by the way he plays.

pat veszpremi :thumbsu:

After Friday's final I am not sure that Roos will tolerate much of what Pat offered.

Just about the softest effort ever seen when he went down because he was beaten by Stephen Tiller.

Reminded me of Patrick Bowden. Had to be helped from the ground after minimal contact.

New definition of soft Patrick SoftPremi
Margarine - not hard enough for butter.

Nope, I tipped Selwood, though. This year I tipped Houli to win from Palmer. I still think Houli will end up having a better career than 90% of the nominees from the Rising Star Award this year.

Selwood, Palmer and Rich are simply amazing.

I didn't pick Pearce the year he won it, but to me there wasn't a clear standout that year. In the year Deledio won it, I tipped Franklin. At least I could see he was going to be something special.

Also tipped Murphy when he won it, but there wasn't a clear standout that year either.

I usually have a pretty good track record with identifying young talent by only watching a handful of games. What I have seen from Rich is clear and a cut above anyone else I have seen from the 2008 draftees. Looks like a 25-year-old by the way he plays.

Murphy didn't win it... missed a few games that year due to injury iirc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What, standing up in the last quarter bagging 8 possies and kicking two goals?

One the matchwinner, the other the sealer.

Look harder.

Won't matter, one eye is yellow, the other is blue but she is blind in that one.

A more anti freo, bitter lemon, you will not find.

As mentioned before, too soft.
I swear, it's Chops_A_Must reincarnated

Pat is not soft, he is a cannonball and plays the game the way most of think we would play the game - 100k's at every contest

He's not soft, he's not big headed and will be a gun as long as he can get his engine up over the next few preseasons.

Rich is the best clearance player on offer (bar Selwood) since the 2001 draft, his left foot is a bonus. You watch the games in which Subiaco are flogging the opposition and he barely needs to go near a pack to get his 15 kicks and 2 goals a game off a half forward flank. Watch him in a close game and he is top 3 for his team.

Give him a preseason for an AFL side with the appropriate coaching, development program and video work, get him a little leaner and get his conditioning up - boom - AFL ready.

I have, playing in the best side outside of the AFL. Gets an arm-chair ride.

No one denies his obvious ability, the cannon that is his left boot. But when he was forced to get his own ball, deal with some close attention in the 18's carnival he struggled. He played a half of football against Vic metro when it was obvious both sides were not tagging. Joke that he got AA.

In a side like Freo or West Coast he will have to find his own ball, work harder. And currently, when he has had to step up, he has struggled.

Cotchin played shit in the carnival last year and look what he has done of course he will struggle at first getting a tag

and to the guy yhat said Natinui played well in the ruck, i dont think we whatched the same game, the only good thing he did was kill seaby in a tackle

Remove this Banner Ad

Next years Rising Star

Remove this Banner Ad

Back