Next years Rising Star

Remove this Banner Ad

I swear, it's Chops_A_Must reincarnated

Pat is not soft, he is a cannonball and plays the game the way most of think we would play the game - 100k's at every contest

He's not soft, he's not big headed and will be a gun as long as he can get his engine up over the next few preseasons.

Rich is the best clearance player on offer (bar Selwood) since the 2001 draft, his left foot is a bonus. You watch the games in which Subiaco are flogging the opposition and he barely needs to go near a pack to get his 15 kicks and 2 goals a game off a half forward flank. Watch him in a close game and he is top 3 for his team.

Give him a preseason for an AFL side with the appropriate coaching, development program and video work, get him a little leaner and get his conditioning up - boom - AFL ready.

He ran out of the way of Brian Harris in the last quarter, actually moved off his line, and turned his body.

Yep. I was disgusted. Players like that have no place in finals footy.

Didnt see that then?

I'd say, wait til after Round 1 to even consider picking a name, but then Rhys Palmer wouldn't have been named this year :)

I am gonna guess the kid who is taken with Pick 27. I dunno who has it, or who it will be, but this guess has as much credibility as any other here.

Mind you, the Round 3 nominee seems to take it out a lot. 4 winners in past 7 I think.

1. Rich.
  2. Veszpremi.
  3. Dangerfield.
  4. Hartlett.
  5. Masten
  6. Austin.
  7. Yarran.
  8. Meredith.
Big call. Would you have said the same thing about Gibbs?
Nope.

Gibbs was bottom age.

Rich might be closer to Selwood who was top age and a man child when he won the best first, second year or third year player award....
Steven Browne.
Browne is ineligible because he played 13 games this year. ;)

They really should raise the game cut off to 20 games when Armitage is a class footballer, but won't receive any acknowledgement.

Anyhoo, I don't want to see a Carlton player winning the Ron Evans medal....

But Hamish Hartlett and Austin can finish top five if we draft the younger Hartlett. ;) :thumbsu:
MASTEN, still eligable and will be a star and may also get in
Yep.

Masten is a gun and will be better than Palmer.
NikNat might win it just to stop the midfield dominance
If Kreuzer couldn't win it, I doubt Naitanui will even get near it next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Won't matter, one eye is yellow, the other is blue but she is blind in that one.

A more anti freo, bitter lemon, you will not find.
I take offense to that.

I hate Carlton much more than any other team.

I hate Freo, Collingwood, Port, Essendon and Geelong equally.:p

Par4, what did Hinkley do in the other three quarters? For someone so instrumental to the games result, he is not named in the best players anywhere.:confused:

Nope, I tipped Selwood, though. This year I tipped Houli to win from Palmer. I still think Houli will end up having a better career than 90% of the nominees from the Rising Star Award this year.

Not a chance. About 15 are already better than Houli with one less pre-season!

Going by the other draftees around him from his year, if Gumbleton stays injury free he should be favourite to win it.

Although, I don't necassarily agree that it is a good thing that a 3rd year player can win the Rising Star but the rules are the rules.

Addam Maric has finished school and will be one to look out for.

Remove this Banner Ad

Next years Rising Star

Remove this Banner Ad

Back