NFL Div 1 - Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Not much banter of late so let's get the ball bouncing.
Possible season defining three weeks for the Tigers - Mont, Bundoora then West Preston.
Can the Cougars sustain their recent rich form in the run home?
Can Eltham regain ground lost in the last few weeks?
Can the Slime sneak in or can the Clouders come from the clouds?
Who are the flat track bullies and who are the genuine contenders?
Five regular games to go - upsets, controversies, rumours?

Possible season defining three weeks for the Tigers - Mont, Bundoora then West Preston.

Mont will win the flag. End of.

I reckon a Bundoora vs Montmorency grand final could possibly be one of the biggest grand finals in history.

The competitions biggest choker in Montmorency has probably not had a better chance to win that elusive premiership in years. However their fragile state of minds will be tested come September out on the wide open spaces of Preston City Oval.

Will all the hundreds of thousands of dollars finally pay off for the Magpies?? Time will tell.....

Good win by the Kanga's that keep's the season alive. How many wins will get you 5th spot ?
I think 9.5 will do it, 10 to be certain.

Where are mont training at the moment? Surely not at para
Word is, they use Hberg West every Monday night. Macloed ground is as bad as Ive ever seen it. Note that scores from Macloed V Panthers was very similar to Mont V Bergers game. Cant imagine Para Rd being worse De Winton...But maybe it is?

Para Rd "beach" is now officially "the Everglades". Along with De Winton a waste of Council money. Would make good rice paddies.

If the old stories are true, then those old railway sleepers buried in the goal square at the Lower Plenty end many moons ago may be about to give way, with all the water and mud sitting on top! Just goes to show what happens when the cheaper option is used to re-surface. Would Mont sacrifice a season off the ground to get it done properly?

Would Mont sacrifice a season off the ground to get it done properly?

It would be madness not to. With the amount of work off and on field that they do down there, sacrificing one season is nearly a must. There is no way watching two of the best teams slog it out in unrecognisable jumpers and score less that a under 9 game is what keeps people coming down.

Word is, they use Hberg West every Monday night. Macloed ground is as bad as Ive ever seen it. Note that scores from Macloed V Panthers was very similar to Mont V Bergers game. Cant imagine Para Rd being worse De Winton...But maybe it is?
With respect, you must not have been around all that long. Before the ground works were done, the water used to run down the slope to the Bowling Club end and just turn the Grove Rd pocket into a swamp. Remember, we had a ten year drought up till recently, so grounds have not had to face heavy rains for many years. Overall, the ground is much better than what it was so the improvements were not a waste of money. Those under 30 wouldn’t have seen the ground in the 80’s or 90’s when it was a disgrace at times……..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With respect, you must not have been around all that long. Before the ground works were done, the water used to run down the slope to the Bowling Club end and just turn the Grove Rd pocket into a swamp. Remember, we had a ten year drought up till recently, so grounds have not had to face heavy rains for many years. Overall, the ground is much better than what it was so the improvements were not a waste of money. Those under 30 wouldn’t have seen the ground in the 80’s or 90’s when it was a disgrace at times……..

Drove past it earlier today and although I remember the disgrace it was back in the 80's, it's fair to say that the surface is still very ordinary. We played at Heidelberg the week earlier and it's condition was fantastic. Fair to say that a similar amount of traffic has been played at both grounds, yet, De Winton is currently stuffed. Thank god we play away this week is all I can say

I remember what it was like in the 70s, 80s and 90s. No mate it has not improved.

I played on it in the 70's and 80's, lived near it for 30 years. i know the history. the ground is a mess. If the redevelopment wasnt a waste of money, you must have a very low expectation of ROI. The draught finished 2 years ago. Granted, its been a wet season but something is clearly not right! Anyway, enough about that...... Bund V Bergers will hopefully be played in good conditions. Huge game! Will Cloke play?

Putting aside set penalties. Of the 4 matters heard for striking only 1 gets found guilty. Must of been very serious off the back of a yellow card. Penalty, 2 matches + 1 match suspended until the end of 2013. Coincidence think me not.

Putting aside set penalties. Of the 4 matters heard for striking only 1 gets found guilty. Must of been very serious off the back of a yellow card. Penalty, 2 matches + 1 match suspended until the end of 2013. Coincidence think me not.

All I can say is montmorency FC are a club that has no idea about being a mans club when generally if two players have a hit up unless it's a king hit you look after each other.absolute give ups and always will.this is why you are a s--t club.harden up you bunch of ****s

All I can say is montmorency FC are a club that has no idea about being a mans club when generally if two players have a hit up unless it's a king hit you look after each other.absolute give ups and always will.this is why you are a s--t club.harden up you bunch of ****s

In the words of "the Dude" Brucey:

Please tell us how ya go about being a mans club?

Should we start by having a sook and calling ****s on bigfooty? Thats seem pretty manly

Sound's like fun guys yeah but anyway if you aren't prepared to tell the whole story on this reputable forum.... boot off.
Last four games of what has been the most even season for years. Bundy four hard games in the run home.
heidelberg two hard, two percentage boosters,
and Mont, well let's face facts, they could lose three out of four.
The rest can organise their presentation nights for the second week of finals.
Whoever finishes on top will have the form to take out the whole show.

Sound's like fun guys yeah but anyway if you aren't prepared to tell the whole story on this reputable forum.... boot off.
Last four games of what has been the most even season for years. Bundy four hard games in the run home.
heidelberg two hard, two percentage boosters,
and Mont, well let's face facts, they could lose three out of four.
The rest can organise their presentation nights for the second week of finals.
Whoever finishes on top will have the form to take out the whole show.
You claim the rest cant win yet you say the Eltham game will be a hard one for Bund? Surely not!. Mont will win most of its games dispite their pre occupation to lag at the tribunal, Hberg no certainty away at Boro if history is anything to go by. But you are right. An exciting, even end to a pretty good year. Still anyones but probably only three outcomes!

Should we start by having a sook and calling ****s on bigfooty? Thats seem pretty manly
You should try and win without lagging on other clubs, and drop the crap about The Mighty Mont Machine being a sucsessful club, clearly they've been a failure when it counts for many many years. But you do give everyone plenty to laugh at. Hope this helps. Oh and while you're seeking advise, do something about that shithole you call the nest.

Trust me mate I had my fun with you blokes and have some good friends from Mont which is why when Jackson lags Harvey for getting a whack to the stomach and gets weeks is a plucking joke.The player code was always about looking after each other at the tribunal and squaring up next time if you were good enough.this I'm tipping you know heck all about so crawl back up your own ar-e and pull that mouse that is attached to your computer out.

Trust me mate I had my fun with you blokes and have some good friends from Mont which is why when Jackson lags Harvey for getting a whack to the stomach and gets weeks is a plucking joke.The player code was always about looking after each other at the tribunal and squaring up next time if you were good enough.this I'm tipping you know heck all about so crawl back up your own ar-e and pull that mouse that is attached to your computer out.

Whilst i agree that lagging on a bloke at the tribunal is not a mans way of dealing with it, and is pretty soft. We aren't 5yos old. Punching a bloke in the guts is also pretty weak and not manly. If you want to "get someone" line him up with a fair bump and get him. Or if you want to throw a punch, look him in the eye and do it. Thats how a real man would do it, not a sly little punch to the guts.

NFL Div 1 - Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Back