NFL Div 1 - Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Whilst i agree that lagging on a bloke at the tribunal is not a mans way of dealing with it, and is pretty soft. We aren't 5yos old. Punching a bloke in the guts is also pretty weak and not manly. If you want to "get someone" line him up with a fair bump and get him. Or if you want to throw a punch, look him in the eye and do it. Thats how a real man would do it, not a sly little punch to the guts.
So i presume you have never seen stinga play? Hope you are not connected to that genius running the NFL.

Can't believe what I've just heard, the NFL should be ashamed. They had an oppourtunity this week to secure a quality player to their competition who only only a month ago was playing at AFL level but the board instead decided against allowing him to play for Heidelberg. Now he has been lost to a country comp who could obviously see the marketing potential, amongst other things.

Can't believe what I've just heard, the NFL should be ashamed. They had an oppourtunity this week to secure a quality player to their competition who only only a month ago was playing at AFL level but the board instead decided against allowing him to play for Heidelberg. Now he has been lost to a country comp who could obviously see the marketing potential, amongst other things.
Spot on, decision came from the top, Connors could have played on a permit, no consultation with the board, league going backwards.

Seems to me the the underlying motive behind it's decision would have been the ramifications should Heidelberg been given an unfair advantage leading into the finals.

In saying that, I have no problems with it provided he played in the Magoo'S for the remainder of the year with the intention that his services could be provided in 2013.

Seems to me the the underlying motive behind it's decision would have been the ramifications should Heidelberg been given an unfair advantage leading into the finals.

In saying that, I have no problems with it provided he played in the Magoo'S for the remainder of the year with the intention that his services could be provided in 2013.
Teams get an unfair advantage every week with the inconsistent rules involving VFL players. I would of thought the positives would outweigh whether Heidelberg got an advantage.

YOur first point is valid, that it would give a very unfair advantage to a side looking to strengthen up for finals, but no different to VFL players coming back each week, but in relation to your second comment. Do you really think that:

A) An ex AFL player still in his prime is going to play local level 2s? and,
B) Any club is going to pay big $$$ to have an ex AFL player play in their 2s?

Any worthwhile organization operates under a set of rules which inpart ensure the integrity of the competition,
Suggest you read bylaw4.1 g. The NFL board had no choice in declining Conners post 30 June application.

Any worthwhile organization operates under a set of rules which inpart ensure the integrity of the competition,
Suggest you read bylaw4.1 g. The NFL board had no choice in declining Conners post 30 June application.
Wellcome to big footy, RULES EXPERT, how long did that take you to join up, suggest you get your facts right, decision wasn't made by the board.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

YOur first point is valid, that it would give a very unfair advantage to a side looking to strengthen up for finals, but no different to VFL players coming back each week, but in relation to your second comment. Do you really think that:

A) An ex AFL player still in his prime is going to play local level 2s? and,
B) Any club is going to pay big $$$ to have an ex AFL player play in their 2s?

I assure you, I've seen Heidelberg's 2nd play and they need all the help they can get :D

if i was you rules expert, i'd worry about working out how to use this forum properly before you mouth off!!!
Didnt say I was an expert at using the forum, but will learn quickly with a bit of practice . My point was anyone such as Kevin and the Sherriff would understand the rule if they bothered to read it .Off to London later today so no more posts for 2 weeks
Only trying to help by alerting good football people tp the rules.
Go Mont.

What's going on? the footy finished one and a half hours ago and still no results of the Gboro Mont and Wsea Eltham games. Who is to blame? the home clubs or the league.

What's going on? the footy finished one and a half hours ago and still no results of the Gboro Mont and Wsea Eltham games. Who is to blame? the home clubs or the league.

Got this off the NFL facebook page:

Greensborough 15.7.97 def by Mont 16.15.111

I'd say the clubs fault for not having entered results.

Big win for Lower today. Whittlesea wouldn't want to lose to the Bears because it could make for an interesting final few weeks.

Trust me mate I had my fun with you blokes and have some good friends from Mont which is why when Jackson lags Harvey for getting a whack to the stomach and gets weeks is a plucking joke.The player code was always about looking after each other at the tribunal and squaring up next time if you were good enough.this I'm tipping you know heck all about so crawl back up your own ar-e and pull that mouse that is attached to your computer out.

Haven't the Almighty fallen.

From average at best player to THE ultimate keyboard warrior. kep tap tap tapping away brucey i guess that's all ya got these daYS

Anybody think that maybe it might be time for change at the Bulls? 1 Phil out & another one in? Their form over the past half a dozen weeks hasn't been great and for them to win it may need a change of coach / game plan to achieve that?

I assure you, I've seen Heidelberg's 2nd play and they need all the help they can get :D
How did the police report pan out into your U/15 game with Ivanhoe, don't tell us it wasn't your fault and have you sorted out the alcohol problems with your under 19s, "an over reaction from Bundoora", and I saw your seniors play against the bottom side, it dosen't paint a pretty picture,If I was you I wouldn't be bagging other clubs when your backyard is FULL of trash.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL Div 1 - Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Back