NFL Div 2 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

I believe Preston rsl but definitely played a season at North before he went to WA. If he is half as good as he was, watch out!

He was a step above the rest in the comp when he played for FS.

NH were built up to be bullet proof with Boomer, but we've seen they aren't as far ahead of the rest of the comp as we had first thought. In comes Lovett.

Does anyone actually know what his points assignment is? I'm assuming he will get the same treatment as Boomer with the RSL / NH alliance (but with the added benefit of playing with NH previously and being out of the AFL system a lot longer).

Last edited:
Lovett was a 4 point player for Sorrento and retired from football after round 5 citing personal reasons.

The retirement from football at round 5 came not long after an incident where Lovett was vilified in relation to his 2011 court case where he was acquitted.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/localfooty/mpnfl/andrew-lovett-walks-away-from-footy-after-brief-stint-with-sorrento-in-nepean-league/news-story/20d456f704f70c64151fee7d7723aa35

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/localfooty/mpnfl/andrew-lovett-disappointed-after-overthefence-comment-in-nepean-league/news-story/28c484b6572765776650d127b84e4ced

Last edited:
Was talk of this before the season. How do they fit him in to a points cap that is pretty tight already?
I'd say 45/45 from last weeks list more than tight. Based on the Boomer ruling that Preston RSL doesn't count, he'd have to have played 40 at Nth and I doubt he has.

I'd say 45/45 from last weeks list more than tight. Based on the Boomer ruling that Preston RSL doesn't count, he'd have to have played 40 at Nth and I doubt he has.
Would be much lower than expected lose a point for years service. Possibly 2-3

Would be much lower than expected lose a point for years service. Possibly 2-3

If he is registering at his 3rd club in 3 years I think 1 point is added is this the case? If he was a 4 pointer at Sorrento this season wouldn't he at least be a 4 pointer at North?

Sen reporting that footage of game between Nth Heid and Lower Plenty will air on channel 7 from game 2 weeks ago and will show more footage of alleged thug behaviour. Anyone aware of incident?

Sen reporting that footage of game between Nth Heid and Lower Plenty will air on channel 7 from game 2 weeks ago and will show more footage of alleged thug behaviour. Anyone aware of incident?
Gday guys was at game and the North player made the perfect block on the lower player who was running at full speed, no malice what so ever so lower should stop the bullshit their spreading. I. Have seen the game tape and NFL match review seen nothing untowards in the block. It's not the nth players fault the lower player was knocked out. It's not bloody softball

Gday guys was at game and the North player made the perfect block on the lower player who was running at full speed, no malice what so ever so lower should stop the bullshit their spreading. I. Have seen the game tape and NFL match review seen nothing untowards in the block. It's not the nth players fault the lower player was knocked out. It's not bloody softball
I wasn't personally at the game but must say I haven't heard any comment from anyone at Lower re the incident. So I don't know what your referring to re spreading of bullshit.

May have been the perfect block but if you make contact with an opponents head you should get weeks, end of story. How close was the ball?

May have been the perfect block but if you make contact with an opponents head you should get weeks, end of story. How close was the ball?

Was off the ball but the NFL have seen the footage and cleared him two weeks ago. I was surprised he did not get weeks, but not Adam's fault that the league chose to not charge him.

If that's the case I might quit my day job and start trolling through game day footage from the year the NFL started filming games. Might be some coin in it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't understand how NFL cleared the player. Vision is clear. Contact made to head whilst trying to block - elbow raised. See below and make up your own mind...

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/...n/news-story/25aca57c80f6fcad1b278d98c8229929
Vision is far from clear, lp player saw nth player approaching and went to bump as well. Elbow raised after contact and shoulder that made contact was on the opposite side of the camera. Too difficult to see the contact, but yes must have made contact to the head.

Engaging in rough play, but because of the vision you couldn't argue more than a week. Also if the north player had form then I'm sure the NFL would have made sure he got weeks. As they have done in the past.

Like I said in my previous post, if this is what mainstream media a running with these days then I'm changing professions.

Vision is far from clear, lp player saw nth player approaching and went to bump as well. Elbow raised after contact and shoulder that made contact was on the opposite side of the camera. Too difficult to see the contact, but yes must have made contact to the head.

Engaging in rough play, but because of the vision you couldn't argue more than a week. Also if the north player had form then I'm sure the NFL would have made sure he got weeks. As they have done in the past.

Like I said in my previous post, if this is what mainstream media a running with these days then I'm changing professions.
Having just seen it for the first time on channel 7 which is much clearer, I'm amazed he got away with that. Although the contact looks like shoulder perhaps top of arm to head on NFL video, the seven footage initially had me thinking that a bit of fist might have been involved as well. In any case I think the Nth player should of at least of been cited and potentially given 3 weeks. It's certainly seems strange that it got by without further scrutiny.

Having just seen it for the first time on channel 7 which is much clearer, I'm amazed he got away with that. Although the contact looks like shoulder perhaps top of arm to head on NFL video, the seven footage initially had me thinking that a bit of fist might have been involved as well. In any case I think the Nth player should of at least of been cited and potentially given 3 weeks. It's certainly seems strange that it got by without further scrutiny.
Haven't seen the 7news footage however either way it's unfair for the North player to be on the prime time news because the NFL may have been the one to drop the ball here. Football incident and worst case 3 weeks, you can easily get more for a bump gone wrong any week.

Why was there a LP player on his knees to the left of screen? looking for a lost dollar? I think not.

Definitely high and elbow raised. Am I right in saying the player from Nth has a fair few weeks already against his name from previous suspensions?
Havent seen the 7 footage to challenge you on if there was an elbow involved. But what I do know is if north player had priors, North Heidelberg is the last club the nfl would be doing favours for. On that, you can't deny.

Why was there a LP player on his knees to the left of screen? looking for a lost dollar? I think not.
I'm assuming you mean he was looking for his teeth however I'm pretty certain you can lose teeth by getting struck by the point of a shoulder, a forearm or fist.

If you read my post again you will see that I said that the footage initially linked wasn't clear enough to see what contact was made but the result will tell you it was to the head.

I'm assuming you mean he was looking for his teeth however I'm pretty certain you can lose teeth by getting struck by the point of a shoulder, a forearm or fist.

If you read my post again you will see that I said that the footage initially linked wasn't clear enough to see what contact was made but the result will tell you it was to the head.
The player on his knees looks as it is from a separate incident

Think if you go through this weeks tape of north you may see a few things too!
And you may not see other things that happened on the day also...

Bumps are bumps and if accidental then so be it.
But calling it thugish acts is a bit much unless you are throwing dirty shots or haymakers.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

The player on his knees looks as it is from a separate incident
Oh, I apologise. I didn't even notice him. Who knows, could have been tying up his boot laces, probably from a gut punch tho.

Unless you have watched the whole game live then there is no way of knowing what was going on all day. Id suspect lp were probably playing with a hard edge that day.

Considering it was game of the round and commentated on you would think that the NFL umpires and video reviewers would have been hot on anything untowards.

The player in question is a first year player to the club and if he has ever been reported I would be awfully surprised. Adam is as quiet as a church mouse and it would have been an accident, rather than a deliberate act. No one likes seeing anyone hurt on the field, but this is a complete witch hunt.

Definitely high and elbow raised. Am I right in saying the player from Nth has a fair few weeks already against his name from previous suspensions?

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL Div 2 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Back