NFL Div 2 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

So you answered my question you havent watched any division 1 games. Their bottom 8 would struggle to get a game at any competative division 1 side.

But you said 8, I said possibly two or three. Big difference.
Yes I do watch Div I footy and know it is tough but reckon they are better equipped than when they last went up.
I wasn't the one who made the original quote fyi.

Very hard to beat.?? Have you watched a division 1 game.? How many teams go up anb think they have a good team only to struggle. The differance is the bottom 6-8 players and their bottom 6-8 arent division 1 players.
played for macleod and north
in div 1 and 2
Rekon it would be the same as then pal

Very hard to beat.?? Have you watched a division 1 game.? How many teams go up anb think they have a good team only to struggle. The differance is the bottom 6-8 players and their bottom 6-8 arent division 1 players.
and i have kingaroy
if they were in Div 1 this year fair chance they would have stayed up and performed better than Hurstbridge and eltham even mont as they would have gone a different way with recruits

All this talk about NH bringing in ex AFL players.....father time catches up with the best of us and as it's been proven, if you don't develop your Under 19's by exposing them in the Senior's or Reserves, then you will not be successful.

Macleod have the best intergrated program which involves the Junior Club (and that's been mentioned by many club's in the NFL)

All this talk about NH bringing in ex AFL players.....father time catches up with the best of us and as it's been proven, if you don't develop your Under 19's by exposing them in the Senior's or Reserves, then you will not be successful.

Macleod have the best intergrated program which involves the Junior Club (and that's been mentioned by many club's in the NFL)

Agree with you on that, what happens when eventually these players do retire? Massive hole with some kids looking to play elsewhere for more opportunity.
Disagree about best integrated program, Boro have everyone covered comfortably.

Agree with you on that, what happens when eventually these players do retire? Massive hole with some kids looking to play elsewhere for more opportunity.

The Tardios take over is what will happen. They have already dominated division 2.

real question is which end will the wind be blowing and how much of a goal wind will it be. Shithole preston

Where else do you recommend they play finals? Clearly the best equipped joint in the Northern Suburbs to play big games now that Victoria Park is fenced off. Nowhere else can comfortably fit in 5-6000 people and have them all be able to view a game properly. Not to mention that it's right next to Preston station.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not going to argue who has the best integrated program. But with Greensborough winning 6 out of the past 8 U/19 flags and appearing another u/19 Grand Final thats pretty impressive. Also Macleod playing in their third senior GF in a row and still paying less than all the other finalists in salary thats also pretty impressive.

I'm not going to argue who has the best integrated program. But with Greensborough winning 6 out of the past 8 U/19 flags and appearing another u/19 Grand Final thats pretty impressive. Also Macleod playing in their third senior GF in a row and still paying less than all the other finalists in salary thats also pretty impressive.
Sorry wrong thread, damm fat fingers and poor eyes

I'm not sure who has been drafted recently from Greensborough, however, some Macleod juniors are forging pretty good careers in the AFL system at the moment, names like Michael Hurley, Billy Longer, Aiden Corr & Ben Lennon spring to mind. I think I mount a pretty good argument

I'm not sure who has been drafted recently from Greensborough, however, some Macleod juniors are forging pretty good careers in the AFL system at the moment, names like Michael Hurley, Billy Longer, Aiden Corr & Ben Lennon spring to mind. I think I mount a pretty good argument
How many have Eltham got in the system at the moment? Anyone?

Take your point but I don't think rattling off AFL draftees is necessarily an accurate way of comparing turning junior players into good under 19's and senior players at a local footy club. We are talking about converting and keeping junior players to senior players. Eltham has an equally impressive resume of AFL players - David Zaharakis, Josh Caddy, Marcus Bontempelli, Nick Vlastuin and Patty Lipinski - yet they've just been relegated to Division 2. In saying all of that Macleod would be one of the top clubs in terms of getting juniors through and turning them into good senior players, along with Boro.

Take your point but I don't think rattling off AFL draftees is necessarily an accurate way of comparing turning junior players into good under 19's and senior players at a local footy club. We are talking about converting and keeping junior players to senior players. Eltham has an equally impressive resume of AFL players - David Zaharakis, Josh Caddy, Marcus Bontempelli, Nick Vlastuin and Patty Lipinski - yet they've just been relegated to Division 2. In saying all of that Macleod would be one of the top clubs in terms of getting juniors through and turning them into good senior players, along with Boro.

I can only mount an argument for Macleod with my knowledge, but I guess the best indicator is the current points system where we are consistently around the 30 point range every week. Anyways, this is a D2 thread and we should get back onto the D1 thread now.

I can only mount an argument for Macleod with my knowledge, but I guess the best indicator is the current points system where we are consistently around the 30 point range every week. Anyways, this is a D2 thread and we should get back onto the D1 thread now.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL Div 2 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Back