NFL Div 2 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

early prediction loser from the granny to play Banyule in the granny next year

If Banyule won every game by 20+ goals in Div 3, this might be believeable. I don't see them being better than any other Div 3 premier to the point that they can make finals, and even more, make the grand final.

Whilst talking about grand finals, pretty fed up with games being played at Cramer st, its practically decided by whoever uses the wind better. I personally think we would see better/closer games at a different venue. Oh and don't get me started on drinking boags.
If you had gone to a game at Preston this year you would draught and dry are both sold..

My take on Saturdays game,

weather: 12 degrees Celsius, no rain, "moderate to fresh" breeze expected - so shouldn't be too much of a factor.

IMO the demons best chance is to win the clearances or intercept across half back, sling shot rebound and convert opportunities. They will not win a shootout.

North will still have to miss opportunities , will need to kick seriously poorly. something like 6.16.

North are too good and have enough depth not to get their hands on the ball from the clearances, so it will come down to their forwards. If North's forwards are pressuring and causing forward 50 turn overs, then game over.

If not Creek should run, run and run. Its going to be tough, North really should win but i have no idea if it will a domination from early on or if it will be a 5 minute period that breaks the game open.

At the end of the day, grand finals can be like the Bermuda Triangle. Players and Teams can go missing.

My take on Saturdays game,

weather: 12 degrees Celsius, no rain, "moderate to fresh" breeze expected - so shouldn't be too much of a factor.

IMO the demons best chance is to win the clearances or intercept across half back, sling shot rebound and convert opportunities. They will not win a shootout.

North will still have to miss opportunities , will need to kick seriously poorly. something like 6.16.

North are too good and have enough depth not to get their hands on the ball from the clearances, so it will come down to their forwards. If North's forwards are pressuring and causing forward 50 turn overs, then game over.

If not Creek should run, run and run. Its going to be tough, North really should win but i have no idea if it will a domination from early on or if it will be a 5 minute period that breaks the game open.

At the end of the day, grand finals can be like the Bermuda Triangle. Players and Teams can go missing.

Yep Grand Finals can bring strange results. North Heidelberg finished a game clear on top last year and were favourites going to the Big Dance and got done. Hurstbridge put the clamps on from the 1st bounce and were never headed. Diamond Creek should take a good look at the replay - quite a few takeaways from it, most importantly, applied pressure from start.

Were not clear favourites as Hurstbridge had beaten them twice throughout the year.
Clearly a better side than last year, but still have to get it done on the day.

Clear favourites or not North were still favourites and had come off the 2nd Semi Final win, probably had the stronger team, and got rolled. The scoreline doesn't do the game justice Hurstbridge were all over the Doggies in the 2nd half. However this year I just think North will have too much firepower and too much depth. Diamo would want to improve a huge amount from what I saw Saturday if they want to have a sniff. Although stranger things have happened......I don't think too many people, me included, thought West Preston stood a chance against Heidelberg in the 2010 Div 1 Grand Final, having been rolled by Heidelberg by 80 odd points only two weeks prior :eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton draught products at all finals this year due to Lion Nathan not sponsoring the NFL in 2017. Cars haven't been allowed in finals venues for at least 3 years it could even have been longer. NFL staff don't have the power to search cars and with larger crowds expected at finals cars can cause issues with viewing of the game. Also NFL takes all of the gate and alcohol sales at Cramer st. Yes finals is all about the NFL making money.

Carlton draught products at all finals this year due to Lion Nathan not sponsoring the NFL in 2017. Cars haven't been allowed in finals venues for at least 3 years it could even have been longer. NFL staff don't have the power to search cars and with larger crowds expected at finals cars can cause issues with viewing of the game. Also NFL takes all of the gate and alcohol sales at Cramer st. Yes finals is all about the NFL making money.
. Better the NFL make the money, than what used to happen in the old days :speaknoevil:

I'd like to think Diamo could win it, and I think as a club they're in a pretty good place to do so. All three sides in the GF's tells me they have a depth that will make them competitive in the top flight. However my prediction would be Nth Heidelberg by 6 goals plus. If Nth win as expected, it will be interesting to chart their off season progress as I'd imagine there will be a strong reliance on there two's providing the cover for them in div 1. They really need to make their 3rds capable of giving them that depth.

I'd like to think Diamo could win it, and I think as a club they're in a pretty good place to do so. All three sides in the GF's tells me they have a depth that will make them competitive in the top flight. However my prediction would be Nth Heidelberg by 6 goals plus. If Nth win as expected, it will be interesting to chart their off season progress as I'd imagine there will be a strong reliance on there two's providing the cover for them in div 1. They really need to make their 3rds capable of giving them that depth.
Completely agree I think Diamo are well placed to have a crack at Div 1 will all their sides playing off this week but I can't see it happening, i think Boomer will flick a switch when required and run riot, hopefully its a close encounter either way as grand final blowouts are never that great to watch for anyone but the victor.

Totally agree, I think DC can put up a show but NH too strong. I also back that NH will be competitive in Div 1 next season so would DC be. It will be interesting how NH recruit for 2018 if they are in Div 1 and how they ensure their u/19's can compete in a stronger comp

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL Div 2 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Back