NFL Div 3 - Offseason!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Reservoir Football Club has announced Michael Cremore as reserves coach for the 2012 season.

Cremore’s appointment follows a successful playing career with the Mustangs in which he played 138 games and won two club best and fairest awards.

In 2011 he finished second in the Division 3 reserves best and fairest award behind Panton Hill’s Chris Sansom and was an integral member of the Reservoir reserves team which played off in the 2011 Grand Final.

His assistant coach will be former Reservoir player and coach Jamie Miller.

Miller coached the Mustangs to the 2003 reserves Grand Final and returns to the coaching caper after a number of seasons away from the game.

GREAT appointment,
mick bleeds for the club and is not there for self interest. he'll have some good support around him.

the reservers @ Hurstbridge will be a happpy bunch next year as the new coach Kevin Lewis is a good bloke and a smart coach the junior boys at south morang were sorry to see him go last year

GREAT appointment,
mick bleeds for the club and is not there for self interest. he'll have some good support around him.
couldnt agree more, played against mick a few times a while back and definatly has a crack, top bloke too.....

Good to see your taking an interest in your new rivals Musta..... Are you the missing piece the Devels need?:cool:
definatly looking forward to playing with parkside dont know about me being the missing piece though, there done some good recuiting so should be a cracker year.......cant wait..

definatly looking forward to playing with parkside dont know about me being the missing piece though, there done some good recuiting so should be a cracker year.......cant wait..

Will Jeremy bennett play at parkside or watsonia??

Self interest ?
A explanation ?

if you know mick, i presume you do, you will know he has been at the club a long time, he always gives 100%, loves the club and always has the clubs best interest at heart................... pretty self explanatory.

The number of times I ahev seen him put his body on the line and self sacrafice on the field is countless.

Mick will be great for RFC.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heidelberg West Football Club is pleased to announce Chris Camilleri as our new President for 2012. We would also like to thank outgoing President Joel Cheers for all his work over the last few years and his efforts in getting the club out of debt for the first time since the late 80's!

Think the standard should go up a fair way again next season. Any big signings??? Big improvers??? Is mernda/Reservoir coach bringing anyone?

if you know mick, i presume you do, you will know he has been at the club a long time, he always gives 100%, loves the club and always has the clubs best interest at heart................... pretty self explanatory.

The number of times I ahev seen him put his body on the line and self sacrafice on the field is countless.

Mick will be great for RFC.

Still didn't answer the question obviously you think the old seconds coach didn't have the clubs interest at heart that's exactly how it reads !

Reservoir Football Club
Pre-Season 2012

Pre-Season Training commences on the 21st of November @6pm at our home ground Crispe Park(Melways Ref.18E7) with a training schedule being handed out on all locations for training during the pre-xmas period
Come down and be a part of a club heading forward

New Players More Then Welcome

Terranova looking for winning culture

Written by nfl.org.au

Tuesday, 15 November 2011 10:15

Newly-appointed Reservoir coach Ross Terranova says the club must change its mentality in order to achieve on-field success.

Terranova, who joins the Mustangs after more than two decades as a player and coach at Pascoe Vale in the Essendon District Football League (EDFL), said the club would take on a more professional approach under his tutelage.

“I want to change the mentality and the way we’re perceived in the competition,” he said.

“The way we’re going to present ourselves on the field and off the field is going to experience a big change.”

After coaching Pascoe Vale’s reserves team to the 2010 B Grade premiership and a preliminary final this season, Terranova has signed a two-year deal at Reservior.

He was also an assistant coach for Pascoe Vale’s senior side for the past three years and played an instrumental role in the side’s 2011 Grand Final victory.

Terranova’s first move as Reservoir coach was to appoint former Panther teammate Toby O’Meara as his assistant and he is confident the pair can bring with them a winning culture to Crispe Park.

“With the blokes that I’ll bring we’ve got that mindset of a winning culture and we want to instil it into our players.

“I’m sure with their leadership we can change the mentality here, which is the key, changing the mentality to ensure the players know they are better than Division 3.”

Terranova confirmed the club had already signed Leigh Sullivan from Yarra Glen and Luke Allen from Moama, but said he hadn’t been able to contact key forward Darren Turner who has been rumoured with a move to Division 3 rival, Parkside.

Aside from the uncertainty surrounding Turner’s future, Reservoir looks to have retained the bulk of its 2011 playing list and Terranova said he is confident his new signings will fit in well.

“I don’t believe we’ve lost many blokes at all and keeping the younger blokes and the local blokes around and with the influx of new players, it’s going to be a good mix.”

With pre-season due to commence on November 21, the new coach said it was imperative that his players build up a good fitness base before Christmas.

“We’re training 12 sessions before Christmas – Monday, Wednesday, Friday – for four weeks so it’s going to be pretty solid.

“We’ll have the boys doing time trails and the like and the footballs will be out every night but it’s going to be a more structured approach.

“We’re going to train the way we play and we’re going to make sure we get our running game going pretty quickly and get our fitness base up because if you don’t get your fitness base up before Christmas you’re going to struggle.”

After finishing fifth and missing out on the finals this year, Reservoir has already undergone a major overhaul off the field following the appointment of Brad Harrison as president.

Terranova said Harrison and his new committee have made him feel comfortable in his new role and is looking forward to what lies ahead for the club

“Brad and the older supporters at Reservoir have made me feel very welcome so it’s been a good first six weeks and hopefully we’ll continue that through.”

“They’ve done a fantastic job to get us up and running and we want to reward those people and the people that have been around for a long time before that.”

After 25 years at Pascoe Vale where he played 400 games, won two best and fairests and captained the club for five years, Terranova admitted that taking on the Reservoir job had forced him out of his comfort zone.

“It’s tough to move away from all your mates that you’ve grown up with over the years.

“In the end you have to bite the bullet one day if you want to move on and try to make something of your coaching.

“I wanted to go out and coach a senior club and I think where Reservoir is at the moment gives us a good challenge to see how it’s going to go.”

He said he had spoken to his brother-in-law, former Essendon footballer Alan Ezard, and had gleaned advice as to what to expect in his new position.

But with pre-season set to commence in only six days, Terranova said his first duty as coach was to make sure all players are committed to the club’s new direction.

“We’ll work fairly hard during the pre-season to bond the group together and make sure we have that success.

“It’s a good challenge and it is hard to bring new blokes and have existing blokes and obviously if we can just get that right it will go a long way.

“We need to make sure all the boys are on board.”

I'll go the early crow of ladder finish for season 2012 based on Club websites, the local papers and what has been said around the DV.

1/PANTON HILL
2/RESERVOIR
3/PARKSIDE
4/ST MARYS

5/WEST HEIDELBERG
6/MERNDA
7/WATSONIA

I'll go the early crow of ladder finish for season 2012 based on Club websites, the local papers and what has been said around the DV.

1/PANTON HILL
2/RESERVOIR
3/PARKSIDE
4/ST MARYS

5/WEST HEIDELBERG
6/MERNDA
7/WATSONIA
Not to sure about Parkside finishing that high without the WIZZ. Swap Parkside and Mernda i think.

With the amount of new players that are showing great skills on the training field, Mernda will be a side to beat this coming season.
60+ players every night, plenty of new blokes, lots of enthusiasm around at the moment.

i would not write off watsonia, i can smell a big improvement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back