NFL Div 3 - Offseason!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I didn't know they were training there, you would have to say they will be a 3 times better side this season.
And the young guys, did they get scouted to train there or was it a try out?
Exciting things to come i am guessing!

If anything I think it was a combination of both.

Went up to see Mernda train tonight. Fair few there, met Willo for the first time, he seems to have a very good game plan coming along and the players are adapting well. The senior players who have been playing up at the Dees for a while are looking pretty good, especially Reesy and Volpe. They are looking really good IMO.

Looking forward to the season a whole lot more.

If anything I think it was a combination of both.

Went up to see Mernda train tonight. Fair few there, met Willo for the first time, he seems to have a very good game plan coming along and the players are adapting well. The senior players who have been playing up at the Dees for a while are looking pretty good, especially Reesy and Volpe. They are looking really good IMO.

Looking forward to the season a whole lot more.

Its good to hear they are going well, lets hope they get a good side together and improve rapidly on last years season!

:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Big thumbs up to Heidelberg West FC and the hard work they seem to have done to get a U19s side up and running for the first time. In a period where many Clubs do not have a side or watch them fail and seem to not put any effort into them, you have shown what hard work can do, without complaining about things like demographics etc.

Hope it works and hope more Clubs follow in your footsteps and put the effort in to build the 3rds competition to be as strong as it can be.

:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Big thumbs up to Heidelberg West FC and the hard work they seem to have done to get a U19s side up and running for the first time. In a period where many Clubs do not have a side or watch them fail and seem to not put any effort into them, you have shown what hard work can do, without complaining about things like demographics etc.

Hope it works and hope more Clubs follow in your footsteps and put the effort in to build the 3rds competition to be as strong as it can be.

:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Thanks DC. We are really hoping to change our direction this year with a new committee, under 19's and a new seniors coach. We have been putting a lot of effort into the 19's for the last 6 months and hopefully it is a success and strengthens the club.

One small note however... Daniel Barnes is no longer the Coach of the 19's due to work commitments but he has been instramental in getting this up and running. Shane Newman is now the man in charge.

Some ridiculous money going around in Div 3 football! One club spent more than the Div 2 Premiers in 2011 and are rumoured to be spending even more for 2012, whilst still in Div 3. Would certainly want a big season!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Went to Mernda training tonight, about 50 there plus some new faces which is encouraging. Also had a peek at their new jumper for 2012, colours are reversed to avoid clashes with Parkside and Panton Hill, plus their new logo will be on the front.

Promising times ahead.
Mernda also has a practice match vs Sth Morang early next year, should be a good indicator of each sides capabilities.

Mernda also has a practice match vs Sth Morang early next year, should be a good indicator of each sides capabilities.

Will it be played at Laurimar? I heard something along the lines of a practice match there or something like that. Oh well, as long as I can have a look I'm happy.

Laurimar March 31st i believe.

Cheers, hopefully I get to have a look :thumbsu:

EDIT: Got a sheet from the club tonight - pre season pt 1 finishes Friday, then restarts on the 23rd of January next month.

They play Jacana on the 17th of March, Hurstbridge on the 24th and as loose man posted above, South Morang on the 31st. Hoping to get to one of those games.

Yeah I think it's hillarious to that a Div 3 club would spend that much money! However have spoken to people involved past and present and they have confirmed that the commonly believed amount spent was in fact 20k below the true figure.

I think it's hilarious also AHM, how everyone has a figure that they believe gets paid by all clubs, but without a Club AGM Financial Statement, how does everyone claim to know what gets paid for players at each club to be able to compare them?

I can only comment on Panton Hill, as I had inside knowledge, but I can't compare them to any other club as I'm not privy to any of their financial information & that's whats so funny, last time I checked Chinese whispers wasn't the treasurer at any NFL club was he???:rolleyes:

At the end of the day who cares what clubs pay?? I know for a fact that Panton Hill have always had trouble trying to recruit players based on demographics, minimal juniors & previous on field results. They're been forced to pay a little more than other clubs to entice new players, purely on location, travel time & costs. It's almost similar to what country towns are required to do to recruit players, but they're still playing in a local competition.

Finally the club has been able to convince a few quality players to join & everyone assumes they must be paying a heap more than everyone else? Maybe they are, maybe they're not? I guess you'll need a copy of all the Clubs Treasurers report to find out, but I think the majority of you will be very very surprised if you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back