NFNL Div 3 discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't stress guys, kilmore won't be at a disadvantage. I can confidently say he has been an absolute germ to all clubs in the finals.

He wants big bucks were ever he goes
So now Romsey is the sucker how ****ing blind are some clubs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why would they announce this now? Seems very odd timing to me.
10571z great timing and announcement
Nathan has done a fantastic job at Kilmore and whole club will want to go as far as they can for his last few games coaching
Great succession plan as well with Desi who has coached 19’s and assisted with seniors moving into senior role in 2023.
Kilmore are to be congratulated on all fronts

10571z great timing and announcement
Nathan has done a fantastic job at Kilmore and whole club will want to go as far as they can for his last few games coaching
Great succession plan as well with Desi who has coached 19’s and assisted with seniors moving into senior role in 2023.
Kilmore are to be congratulated on all fronts
Yeah fair enough another way of looking at it.

Yep has done a great job. They have had some lean years and now a very competitive side with a good base to build. Good job to walk into for Desi.

Finals time

2nd semi final Sth Mornag (1st 15-3) vs Laurimar (2nd 14-4)

Round 6 Laurimar 14-16-100 defeated Sth Morang 12-9-81
Round 14 Sth Morang 11-16-82 vs Laurimar 9-5-59
Round 17: Sth Morang 12-13-85 defeated Lauirmar 10-4-64

Currently stands 2-1 to Sth Morang with all 3 games being won by the home side. Margins very similar across all 3 games being 19,23 and 21 points.

Sth Morang after a patch where they dropped 3 consecutive games haven’t lost since round 7 and have an 11 game winning streak. Laurimar on the other hand have gone 4-3 in their last seven games losing to Sth Morang x2 and Old Eltham and one of those wins was by 2 points over Kilmore.

The loss of Lazaric for the Lions though is a big out, can Leather exploit this match up, most likely now against the veteran Stefanile, can he push forward at every opportunity and become another avenue to goal for Laurimar or will the smarts of Stefanile enable him to become an offensive threat.

Jacson Cecil has had a wonderful season leading the goal kicking with 84 majors but in his 3 games against Sth Morang has kicked 2,2 and 3 so he will look to stamp his mark on the contest.

For Sth Morang Peterson (43) and Colaidis (37) have been great contributors hitting the scoreboard.

Bailey Brown has had a sensational season for the Lions in being named in their best 14 out of 18 games played, I am sure Coach Atkins and the Laurimar coaching staff will have put considerable time into stopping him.

Similarly for coach Hall, Nath Andrews has brought his 1st division class to Laurimar and will need to be stopped and he will love being back at the Showgrounds

Think this one will go down to the wire, can Laurimar win its first senior final since joining the NFNL or will Sth Morang book the first spot in the 2022 Grand Final. Form suggests the Lions and I agree. Sth Morang by 17 points

1st Semi Final
Old Eltham Collegians (3rd 12-6) vs Kilmore (4th 11-7)
Round 1 Old Eltham 7-9-51 defeated by Kilmore 9-7-61
Round 9 Old Eltham 5-4-34 defeated by Kilmore 5-12-42
Round 17 Kilmore 7-8-50 defeated by Old Eltham 8-3-51

Three games, all won by the away team decided by margins of 10,8 and 1 only means one thing, another close game is to be expected between these 2 sides.

For the Turtles they have had to make 6 changes from last weeks loss to Heidelberg West bringing back experienced Gill, Quinton and Mcdonagh. For Kilmore they include Paxton and Webb

Simpson and Howell have lead the way for the Turtles but the significant loss of Matt Keys impacts on the Turtles ability to kick goals. They know need to rely on Milne, Snow and evergreen Gill to kick a winning score.

For Kilmore it’s been their back 6 who have done a great job, being the #1 ranked defence in the league only giving up 45 points per game.

Chris Barton, Ryall and Irons have all had terrific seasons, with Ryall again to feature prominently in competition B&F.

Can Kilmore kick a winning score, Taylor-Egan (33) and Paxton (29) have lead the way but they will be missing Swindells who has kicked (24 in his 12 games).

Another close game, and this I believe really is a toss of the coin. Picking Kilmore to upset the Turtles by 7 points.

Good luck to all 4 teams

Finals time

Currently stands 2-1 to Sth Morang with all 3 games being won by the home side. Margins very similar across all 3 games being 19,23 and 21 points.

Sth Morang after a patch where they dropped 3 consecutive games haven’t lost since round 7 and have an 11 game winning streak. Laurimar on the other hand have gone 4-3 in their last seven games losing to Sth Morang x2 and Old Eltham and one of those wins was by 2 points over Kilmore.

The loss of Lazaric for the Lions though is a big out, can Leather exploit this match up, most likely now against the veteran Stefanile, can he push forward at every opportunity and become another avenue to goal for Laurimar or will the smarts of Stefanile enable him to become an offensive threat.

Jacson Cecil has had a wonderful season leading the goal kicking with 84 majors but in his 3 games against Sth Morang has kicked 2,2 and 3 so he will look to stamp his mark on the contest.

For Sth Morang Peterson (43) and Colaidis (37) have been great contributors hitting the scoreboard.

Bailey Brown has had a sensational season for the Lions in being named in their best 14 out of 18 games played, I am sure Coach Atkins and the Laurimar coaching staff will have put considerable time into stopping him.

Similarly for coach Hall, Nath Andrews has brought his 1st division class to Laurimar and will need to be stopped and he will love being back at the Showgrounds

Think this one will go down to the wire, can Laurimar win its first senior final since joining the NFNL or will Sth Morang book the first spot in the 2022 Grand Final. Form suggests the Lions and I agree. Sth Morang by 17 points

1st Semi Final

Three games, all won by the away team decided by margins of 10,8 and 1 only means one thing, another close game is to be expected between these 2 sides.

For the Turtles they have had to make 6 changes from last weeks loss to Heidelberg West bringing back experienced Gill, Quinton and Mcdonagh. For Kilmore they include Paxton and Webb

Simpson and Howell have lead the way for the Turtles but the significant loss of Matt Keys impacts on the Turtles ability to kick goals. They know need to rely on Milne, Snow and evergreen Gill to kick a winning score.

For Kilmore it’s been their back 6 who have done a great job, being the #1 ranked defence in the league only giving up 45 points per game.

Chris Barton, Ryall and Irons have all had terrific seasons, with Ryall again to feature prominently in competition B&F.

Can Kilmore kick a winning score, Taylor-Egan (33) and Paxton (29) have lead the way but they will be missing Swindells who has kicked (24 in his 12 games).

Another close game, and this I believe really is a toss of the coin. Picking Kilmore to upset the Turtles by 7 points.

Good luck to all 4 teams
Not sure picking Kilmore is an upset. Old Eltham is playing some pretty poor football

Finals time

1st Semi Final

Good luck to all 4 teams
Great post I’m thinking power on the big ground and turtles just

Not sure picking Kilmore is an upset. Old Eltham is playing some pretty poor football
Hard to split either side. Turtles back half hasn’t been that great but beat them 2 weeks ago, you could also say the same about Kilmores back half tbh… so I’m tipping turtles by 16.

South Morang to win easily against Laurimar. South look a cut above atm. South 28

Last edited:
South missing a couple of key cogs which will bring the margin in a little closer but Morang are the side to beat and will go straight into the grand final. Important they don’t lose any more soldiers to lack of discipline. Thompson v Bailey is an exciting match up in the middle.

South by 13

Another close game is on the cards. Neither side has the fire power to blow the other away. In my opinion Kilmore have the greater top end talent but the turtles bat deeper in there bottom 6. Hard to split but I’ll go with Kilmore by 3 winning after the siren!

South looked horrible today. Lucky not to lose by 60+

Absolutely crumbled under Laurimars pressure.They’ll need to regroup and play much better but that’s what the double chance is for.

Well done to Laurimar on their first finals win I believe and first GF. They looked great today and weren’t sucked into South’s undisciplined ways.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL Div 3 discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Back