NFNL Div 3 discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

The tribunal system genuinely confuses me.

How can Lazarics actions be 3 weeks worse (including a grand final most likely) than Halls?
Watched the fight as a neutral observer and the tackle didn’t look to bad. Appears to fall forward and not a sling as usually is reportable.

What the hell was the LP guy doing running in throwing punches on a guy on the ground. Surely more than 2 weeks. He instigated the whole thing.

The head butt didn’t look that aggressive but a stupid act. That’s 3-4 weeks though. Good to see some Laurimar players having a go at the big bloke.

Seems to be a lot of incidents in this leagues 3rd division.

Watched the fight as a neutral observer and the tackle didn’t look to bad. Appears to fall forward and not a sling as usually is reportable.

What the hell was the LP guy doing running in throwing punches on a guy on the ground. Surely more than 2 weeks. He instigated the whole thing.

The head butt didn’t look that aggressive but a stupid act. That’s 3-4 weeks though. Good to see some Laurimar players having a go at the big bloke.

Seems odd . The headbut obviously has gone on evidence and if he 11 challenger the red card surely he gets more ? Another weird decision by the tribunal

Do you have timestamps of the incidents?

Up online.

Number 11 - 2 weeks
Number 27 - 5 weeks

Thompson - nothing
Tribunal is consistently inconsistent. Watsonia got 11wks for 3 players for "rough tackles' which didn't warrant free kicks, but here headbutts, round house punches, kicking opponents total of 7? Is the NFNL still paying the bills for Sth Morang as administrators?

Lazaric is a big loss for South. That ruck combo has been good all year.

How Thomson escaped with nothing when the leagues been dishing out “dangerous” tackle weeks all year?
Hey mate, for what it’s worth I’ve watched it multiple times and it’s not classed as a dangerous tackle. It’s unfortunate if the player was hurt but not sure that tackle was dangerous. The dangerous tackle was bought in for when players are held and slung and in 2 motions.

Hey mate, for what it’s worth I’ve watched it multiple times and it’s not classed as a dangerous tackle. It’s unfortunate if the player was hurt but not sure that tackle was dangerous. The dangerous tackle was bought in for when players are held and slung and in 2 motions.

I agree, whilst there was an injury this is not a dangerous tackle.

I don’t think he should necessarily be weeks, but i could say that about other tackles I’ve seen this year.

Dealing with melees, country WA-style

298684082_2019874731530671_4412099376959923715_n.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope the NFNL have a finals back up plan. I watched a womens final there and Whittlesea was ordinary to say the least.

100mm of rain over the week and 6 finals on it….
Actually a really good point. Hard to move finals to Epping - which to me would have been the logical back-up - when it'll be used for Div 2.

Mernda would have been perfect ground-wise but it's not really a viable option since the league will want to fence off multiple entry points, parking spaces and also the ressies and 19s will be playing finals too.

Not really a fan of moving it to La Trobe, that's a hassle getting there for all four clubs, some of whom have 19s teams playing finals in Div 2, so that's a drive across town for support there.

Otherwise... where else do you play them? Interesting week coming up ahead...

Actually a really good point. Hard to move finals to Epping - which to me would have been the logical back-up - when it'll be used for Div 2.

Mernda would have been perfect ground-wise but it's not really a viable option since the league will want to fence off multiple entry points, parking spaces and also the ressies and 19s will be playing finals too.

Not really a fan of moving it to La Trobe, that's a hassle getting there for all four clubs, some of whom have 19s teams playing finals in Div 2, so that's a drive across town for support there.

tasmanlvr had a quick look at the scores from Whittlesea over the 3 games played last weekend. 73-48 kicked in the 3 games with seniors being 16-7 to 17-6, can’t see the ground being that bad.

Round 18

Old Eltham (3rd 13-5) vs Heidelberg West (5th 9-8) 6 changes for the turtles and you would hope that those out are just being tested before 1st semi final next week. Confidence will be high after their 1 point win last week but it stands 1-1 with West so they won’t want to take it easy. Full credit to West, who if they win will post a 10 win season and will look confidently to 2023 season. The Hill brothers have been great as have Hywood (52) Vellios (34) and Paton (16) throughout the year. On the heavy Turtles ground, going for the upset with West to win by 9 points.

Kilmore (4th 10-7) vs Reservoir (7th 3-14) Disappointing for Kilmore last week in going down to the turtles on the last kick of the day. 4 changes for the Blues but with Barton, Ryall,Taylor-Egan and Derrick in good form they should have too much firepower for Reservoir. Full credit though to reservoir who won their 3rd game last week in beating Lalor. Daniel Coke, Jack Smith, Nathan King and Robert Holland have all been great for Reservoir. They can now look to 2023, hopefully recruit some more players, another pre-season to the young players that they have played this year and have a better 2023.

Laurimar (2nd 13-4) vs Lalor (8th 0-17). Disappointing for the Power to go down to Sth Morang again last week and they will look to refine their game this week against Lalor before having another shot at Lalor next week. Cecil leads the goalkicking with 80 majors and will look for a big haul to try and get closer to that 100 goal barrier. He has at least 3 more games so is a chance. Arthur and Richards were both excellent for the Power last week
For the bloods 2022 has been a tough season, they did get to sing the club song last week with the reserves picking up their first win for the season in beating Reservoir. Cawsey (not playing tomorrow) Ray and Langbourne have all battled hard but they will need to recruit well over the off season to be competitive in 2023. Power by 167 points

Sth Morang (1st 14-3) vs Mernda (6th 7-10). The Lions will claim the minor premiership with a win tomorrow. I am sure Coach Hall will be looking for a strong and disciplined performance and not lose any more players to suspension with Hall (first final) and Lazaric (rest of the season) out from last weeks win over the Power.
For Mernda, again a pre-season promise of finals has fallen by the wayside. Only 7 wins for the season (6 from Reservoir and Lalor) would mean it has been a failure. Mills, Edwards and Bongetti (chance in competition medal) have all been great but they will look to add depth for season 2023. Kimuliatis needs help up forward as he has kicked 45 goals from his 14 games but next best is Mazzarella on 23. It will be a long summer for the Demons and will be interesting to see how they recruit for 2023 season. They have not played a senior final since 2014 when they lost preliminary final in Division 2 and since being relegated in 2015 haven’t played a senior division 3 final.

Enjoy the footy

Epping is booked.

The only options that would be reasonable

Panther place - Can be closed off with work

Northcote park - yes not ideal but fenced

Diamond creek - can be fenced off with help as river surrounds ground.

Hopefully whittlesea holds up.

It’s already average at the club room end.. 100mm of rain and plenty of footy traffic I’d be surprised if it holds up.
10571z no games on it until Saturday week, I think it will be fine.
If Division one sides can kick 16-8-104 to 17-6-108 last week, pretty sure it will be ok in 9 days time for division 3 finals

And looking at weather forecast from now until Saturday week, it’s shows 25-65mm of rain, not sure where you are getting your 100mm from

Last edited:

I would have thought la Trobe would have been an easy venue to get too and lots of parking

I would have thought la Trobe would have been an easy venue to get too and lots of parking
local footy fan I think Whittlesea is a good choice for division 3, especially with Sth Morang, Laurimar and Kilmore all in seniors finals and Mernda in reserves finals.
Basically only 10-25 mins away and I think you would get bigger crowds at Whittlesea than Latrobe or any other ground for that matter

local footy fan I think Whittlesea is a good choice for division 3, especially with Sth Morang, Laurimar and Kilmore all in seniors finals and Mernda in reserves finals.
Basically only 10-25 mins away and I think you would get bigger crowds at Whittlesea than Latrobe or any other ground for that matter
fair point properly does make sense to play there is the ground is up too it

La Trobe would genuinely be a nightmare if it was done the way I think it would be done haha.

You can't turn right to get into the entry point as it is a one-lane road with double white lines, to do so, you have to do a u-turn near the uni and turn in that way. Unless people are made to park at the university, then traffic would back up to high heaven with people trying to park at the ground. Ridiculous ground placement

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL Div 3 discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Back