NFNL Div 3 discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

La Trobe would genuinely be a nightmare if it was done the way I think it would be done haha.

You can't turn right to get into the entry point as it is a one-lane road with double white lines, to do so, you have to do a u-turn near the uni and turn in that way. Unless people are made to park at the university, then traffic would back up to high heaven with people trying to park at the ground. Ridiculous ground placement
no you can not urn right coming from plenty rd but there is a left hand turn 2 seconds down the road that leads you into the car park seriously it would take two minutes extra to get there surly we as a people are not so time poor or impatient as to take an ere too minutes to watch a final

Still haven't answered the question and the club is a bit bigger than just the senior group. Never said anything about a persons gender i said its a club with Juniors/Netball and Football i dont know why you are dancing around with a Broccoli comment. Now stop with your Bulls**t and answer the question.
I would also like these questions answered about every club, not just Mernda???? My point to you is you certainly have a vendetta & it’s boring 🥱🥱🥱 Move on. I wonder where your Son will play next year & does he know his Dads being a troll on a Footy forum 🤷‍♂️

I would also like these questions answered about every club, not just Mernda???? My point to you is you certainly have a vendetta & it’s boring 🥱🥱🥱 Move on. I wonder where your Son will play next year & does he know his Dads being a troll on a Footy forum 🤷‍♂️
We’re does his son play now ?

4 out of 4 last week and picked the upset of West over the turtles.

Winner of the round: Heidelberg West who finish the season with a great win over the Turtles making it 2-1 for the season and getting them their 10th win of the year. The 1 point loss to Old Eltham in round 3 and the 27 point loss to Mernda in round 13 ultimately the losses that stopped them from playing finals in 2022. Very solid base though to push for finals in 2023.

Loser of the round: Going with the Turtles but in saying that they might have had one eye on this weeks first semi final and their first senior final since joining NFNL, which is to be congratulated. The loss though is something I am sure the Turtles coaching staff and players would like to have avoided.

The top 4 is how I predicted it at the start of the year, I just had Kilmore and Old Eltham the other way around. Sets up an exciting finals series where all teams will have a chance at premiership glory.

Sth Morang favorites for me, but who they play is anyone’s guess

Can anyone can get a pic of the ground pls
playing surfers needs to be safe for all players involved, More rain on its way hopefully no major injuries good luck to all teams involved.
Popped past today and took a look. The ground its really wet under foot. Going to be a slog. Did take a video but for some reason it won't allow me to post. 20220817_151236.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t know whether the above is true and Maybe I’m old school, but I would have never spoken to another club while mine was still in the finals race.

Maybe that’s just the way of it these days?
Yhea clubs have got to be quick to re-sign or poach other players these days don’t let it get to summer otherwise it’s too late

I don’t know whether the above is true and Maybe I’m old school, but I would have never spoken to another club while mine was still in the finals race.

I think it’s well known within the walls of Clancy reserve that BTE was likely to have a crack at higher division football. The club will be supportive of his move.

Season 2022 review

Heidelberg West: 5th 10-8 166.82%
Players used:42
18 games:3 players
Times in best: B Moore (12) N Paton (11) L Hill (8)
Leading goalkickers: A Hywood (57) J Vellios (34) A Young (22)
Team of the year nominations: Alex Hywood, Nick Paton, Brad Moore & Jordon Bulman
Heidelberg West have shown continued improvement from 2021 to reach 10 wins in 2022 and miss finals by one game and they actually had a 2-1 record over Old Eltham who are playing finals. The loss in round 13 by 27 points to Mernda proved costly in the long run.
The future though continues to look good for West and with Hywood and Vellios up forward they can look to continue kicking winning scores. The loss of Chiminello, Mozdzierz, M Hill impacted as well.
With some solid recruiting no reason for West not to play finals in 2023.

Mernda: 6th 7-11 128.18%
Players used: 43
18 games: 2 players
Time in best: E Mills & R Bongetti (11) R Edwards (10)
Leading goalkickers: B Kimuliatis (45) R Bongetti (25) J Mazzarella (23)
Team of the year nominations: Ed Mills, Ryan Bongetti, Riley Edwards, Bryce Kimuliatis
Another disappointing year for Mernda in only winning the 6 games with their only win apart from beating Kilmore and Lalor being a 25 point upset over Kilmore in round 7 and a 27 point win over Heidelberg West in round 13.
Unfortunately ill discipline cost Mernda with a number of players missing multiple games due to suspension, this will neee to be address moving forward in 2023. There reserves and division 3 under 19’s will both play finals so more silverware might get to Waterview.
Last time Mernda played finals was 2014 division 2 prelinary final against Nth Heidelberg, can 2023 be the year that the Demons return to finals

Reservoir: 7th 3-15 14.43%
Players used:43
18 games: 1 player
Times in best: D Cole (8) N King (8)
Leading goalkickers: N MacDonald (5) 4 x players with 4
Team of the year nominations: Nil
Reservoir had a tough season but are to be commended on breaking through for 3 wins in 2023. The last time they tasted senior success was back on 29th July 2017 when they beat Laurimar by 24 points.
It has been reported that all of the senior list has re-signed for 2023 which is another positive step forward and they have got a number of young players senior experience in 2022. The culture is a positive one at the Mustangs and with some solid recruitment then they can look towards 2023 and hopefully more wins.

Lalor: 8th 0-18 12.72%
Players used: 57
18 games: No player
Times in best: D Cawsey (10) J Langbourne (8)
Leading goalkickers: D Cawsey (9) J Cousins (8)
Team of the year nominations: Nil
It has been a tough year for the Bloods, not registering a win, closest being a heart breaking 6 point loss to Reservoir in round 8.
Fifteen 100+ point losses including five 200+ losses has meant tough times for the proud Bloods.
They have some great people at Lalor though and let’s hope that they can retain the players they currently have, recruit some experience and become a more competitive outfit in 2023 as nobody likes to see clubs struggling like they have this season.

Will do the top 4 sides as they are eliminated from finals race

This! Weekends conditions should be fine.

Heard from a reliable source Kilmores promising young forward BTE is on the move to a D1 powerhouse next year to test himself at a higher level. Big loss for the Blues but can’t blame him.
What are the turtles chances of winning? I know the turtles lost their legendary ruckman, will this be damaging for them. Maybe they can get Gill into the ruck position???

It’s not stopping the ‘Sherminator’ calling Kilmore players prior to a finals campaign trying to coax them into coming over to Romsey. :mad:

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL Div 3 discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Back