NFNL Div 3 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Really interested to know who the new coach of Reservoir will bring inšŸ¤”šŸ¤”šŸ¤” any rumours? Saw reservoir post his credentials and what not on their page. Back to Back premierships would surely lure in some talent/ decent players. Some of you say Ex AFL but still find it hard to believe unless the coach is mates with whoever it is.

Really interested to know who the new coach of Reservoir will bring inšŸ¤”šŸ¤”šŸ¤” any rumours? Saw reservoir post his credentials and what not on their page. Back to Back premierships would surely lure in some talent/ decent players. Some of you say Ex AFL but still find it hard to believe unless the coach is mates with whoever it is.
Sounds to me like youā€™re an insider subtly hinting you know something without saying it šŸ˜‚

Well hes got balls to take on that job, I'll give him that. Hopefully he can get some players through the door and Reservoir can start to become relevant again.

We have them rd1 - let's hope it's at least Rd2 before the new game plan works šŸ˜‚

Great for the comp though and Div 3 looking better every day!

Chump
Hey Chumpy Chump, who are the practice matches going to be against?

Going to be some very unlucky division 3 teams this season, lots boasting premiership contending teams

Luckily final is top 5 as the division is stacked with talent

Turtles
Mernda
Epping
Fitzroy
Hwest
Paradians
Ivanhoe
Kilmore
Kinglake
Lalor
Reservoir

Well done to Ressa on the New Coach, Seems to me he was in the plans all along and poor George was told one thing but all along there were plans put in place.
Very curious as to why he took on the job. Recruitment is basically done besides the odd bloke now. Surely if you wanted this sort of challenge you take it early and try to recruit.

Neither Lalor or Reservoir have made any ground and will be more of the same.

Very curious as to why he took on the job. Recruitment is basically done besides the odd bloke now. Surely if you wanted this sort of challenge you take it early and try to recruit.

Neither Lalor or Reservoir have made any ground and will be more of the same.
Very odd heā€™s come from premiership success to a rabble ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He could have got many other jobs. Even a D1 job probably. Why would you want to coach at Reservoir.
Word is he was coming back to Melb & was looking at getting an Asst job, then the Ressa thing blew up & he was Johnny on the spot.

Maybe it's about the challenge of building something at a club?

Back in 2018 we were in a load of trouble as a club - in massive debt and had just be relegated after successive 100 point defeats and our twos forfeiting. The club got in a new coach and started to rebuild. Throw in Covid and it presented more challenges for the club. By 2022 we turned our biggest yearly profit, had 4 senior sides and won two flags.

Maybe Ressa are starting their own rebuild and this guy wants to help lead the way. I think we all rate people who don't always pick the easy path.

Good luck to him and the club ..... just not in round 1 šŸ˜‚

Chump

Last edited:
10571z who cares what the sales team did
Well done to the Mustangs and Rho getting in 2 quality players
Yes a long way to go but I say well done and good luck to the Mustangs
? Just saying they must have sold their vision and club well to sign an ex AFL listed player.. good on them.

? Just saying they must have sold their vision and club well to sign an ex AFL listed player.. good on them.
It only takes 2-3 quality signings for things to turn around. Other players see them, see the quality of the coach and it could quite easily turn into 6-8 good players.

Everyone hates seeing 200 point losses every week. Let's hope in the next 2-3 years we see the bottom few teams being able to test the top 4.

Another great pick up for the Mustangs 1.01 for Lalor to finish bottom now.

ā€œI negotiated a two-year extension but in October they reneged on that deal and offered me a one-year deal because, in their words, they thought they could find a better coach.ā€

Looks like the mustangs were spot on šŸ˜†

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL Div 3 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back