Player Watch Nick Daicos - Can he be the GOAT?

Can Nick Daicos be the AFL's GOAT

• Yes

Votes: 167 28.7%
  • No

Votes: 414 71.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Are you saying you posted a comment without doing the requisite research first?

Seems to be a common occurrence for the anti-GOATcos's.
Even by the author

Claiming goatie had the highest vote tally and or per game, not to win the brownlow, when the answer was Fyfe

But I find it interesting you having a crack at others

Yeah i am.

Daicos likely votes since round 10:

Freo - 2 votes
Bulldogs - No votes
Demons - No Votes
Kangaroos - 2 votes (Could easily be 1 but to be lenient ill give him two)
Suns - No votes
Essendon - No Votes

4 votes total

In the same time frames

Bont

Swans - 1 vote
Collingwood - 3 votes
Brisbane - No Votes
Freo - 3 votes
Kangaroos - 3 votes
Port - No Votes

10 votes

Cripps

Suns - 1 vote
Power - No votes
Essendon - No Votes
Cats - 3 Votes
Tigers - 3 votes
Giants - 1 vote

8 votes

Considering Nick wont poll in the first 3 games of the year either, when is he getting his votes??
Convenient to remove the Carlton, Eagles and Crows matches just before the matches you list. He got 30 coaches votes there so translate that to 9 Brownlow.

In the matches you list Dogs Bont was clearly best and Nick clearly 2nd best so 2 votes. In the Suns game he was very influential and almost certainly gets votes. Like the Freo match hard to say whether 1,2or 3. Let’s give him 1 and 2 in those game but may well be more. Agree gets none in Melbourne and Ess game.

So I would give him 7 votes in the 5 games you list plus 9 in the 3 prior. 16 votes in 9 matches. He was quieter in the games leading up to round 8. Maybe around 4 votes in those games. So I reckon he is around 20 votes now and close to the lead.

Given he is 2nd in the AFLCA it would be a surprise if he isn’t near the top in the Brownlow

No he wont lol. The dogs three best were miles in front of any collingwood player that night.
he got 8 coaches votes so both coaches disagree with you. Both had him 2nd best. Seems you are fighting against the tide given the match reports and both coaches would give him 2 votes in the Brownlow.

Last edited:
Convenient to remove the Carlton, Eagles and Crows matches just before the matches you list. He got 30 coaches votes there so translate that to 9 Brownlow.

In the matches you list Dogs Bont was clearly best and Nick clearly 2nd best so 2 votes. In the Suns game he was very influential and almost certainly gets votes. Like the Freo match hard to say whether 1,2or 3. Let’s give him 1 and 2 in those game but may well be more. Agree gets none in Melbourne and Ess game.

So I would give him 7 votes in the 5 games you list plus 9 in the 3 prior. 16 votes in 9 matches. He was quieter in the games leading up to round 8. Maybe around 4 votes in those games. So I reckon he is around 20 votes now and close to the lead.

Given he is 2nd in the AFLCA it would be a surprise if he isn’t near the top in the Brownlow

Thats very optimistic.

Understand he had a hot run in the middle there, but it won't be enough.

Doesn't help that the pies are staring down a 10th-12th finishing position and will struggle to win any of their last 4 matches this season.

Thats very optimistic.

Understand he had a hot run in the middle there, but it won't be enough.

Doesn't help that the pies are staring down a 10th-12th finishing position and will struggle to win any of their last 4 matches this season.
Oh, so not only have you understated how he's played so far this year, you're also predicting that he's not going to play well going forward?

Would it really irk you that much if he won the Brownlow (or MVP, or Coaches Award).

Heeney spent the bulk of his career underachieving.
This is the first season he has literally propelled himself into the top 3 player conversations. If he maintains this standard for another 5 years, he'll certainly go down as one of the greatest of his generation.

Long way to go yet.
i didn’t type what i meant well - i mean that those 3 + maybe zach merrett are the only players who’re getting “attention” from run with players consistently

i didn’t type what i meant well - i mean that those 3 + maybe zach merrett are the only players who’re getting “attention” from run with players consistently
There is no way known those 3 have received anywhere near the attention Daicos has this season.

I wish we had someone run with Merrett on Friday night.

Dylan Shiel who had 26 touches came on in the last quarter to tag Daicos??? Lmao did u watch the game? Hind was the sub
Good point.

It's hard to keep track when there's a revolving door of players going to Daicos to keep up with him.

I have corrected my original comment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Daicos likely votes since round 10:

Freo - 2 votes
Bulldogs - No votes
Demons - No Votes
Kangaroos - 2 votes (Could easily be 1 but to be lenient ill give him two)
Suns - No votes
Essendon - No Votes

Considering Nick wont poll in the first 3 games of the year either, when is he getting his votes??
No votes against Bulldogs??

Wowee this is some next level delusion

Please. Take the glasses off.

Treloar and Dale both well clear.
So why did the coaches get things so wrong on this occasion? Do you often rate your assessments higher than theirs?

Apart from maybe the North Melbourne game (Although i think LDU will get the 3). he hasnt had a 3 vote performance for 2 months.

He will likely be top 5 in the brownlow, but he won't win it.

Both Cripps and Bontempelli have had multiple best on ground matches in that stretch.

Its a 2-horse race.

The Brownlow predictor which shows no bias like yourself would strongly disagree.

Attachments

• IMG_4582.png
    IMG_4582.png
    44.8 KB · Views: 17
There is no way known those 3 have received anywhere near the attention Daicos has this season.

I wish we had someone run with Merrett on Friday night.
they certainly have, heeny’s had about as much attention as naicos and has still performed as he’s expected to

they certainly have, heeny’s had about as much attention as naicos and has still performed as he’s expected to
Firstly, it's 'Heeney'.

Secondly, Heeney is part of a midfielder that has performed much better than Collingwood this season. The tagged have been shared between Heeney, Gulden and Warner - that's why they've been so hard to beat as it's impossible to cover all three of them.

Firstly, it's 'Heeney'.

Secondly, Heeney is part of a midfielder that has performed much better than Collingwood this season. The tagged have been shared between Heeney, Gulden and Warner - that's why they've been so hard to beat as it's impossible to cover all three of them.
yeah i’m well aware that other players get tagged mate but it’s not as if naicos is the only person who’s always getting tagged. having an accountable midfield also isn’t “tagging” its team defence, which is what happened on friday.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Nick Daicos - Can he be the GOAT?

Back