Player Watch Nick Daicos - Can he be the GOAT?

Can Nick Daicos be the AFL's GOAT

• Yes

Votes: 161 28.3%
  • No

Votes: 407 71.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Scary to think how many Brownlows he may end up winning when his body matures

Four? Five?!😲

Meanwhile, he'll just have to settle for being the greatest player in history (according to the umps)
Better get a move on. He'll be facing prime Reid in a couple years and Cody Walker will be joining the league around the same time.

Maybe 2nd best is just what Nicky is good for? Josh even won the BnF last year!

Better get a move on. He'll be facing prime Reid in a couple years and Cody Walker will be joining the league around the same time.

Maybe 2nd best is just what Nicky is good for? Josh even won the BnF last year!
Reid will get suspended every year, multiple times

He's absolutely nuts out there, wants to KILL people

When's this generational Walker starting? Will he be as successful as his old man, with a bulging trophy cabinet?
Screenshot_20240925-202333_Chrome.jpg

When's this generational Walker starting? Will he be as successful as his old man, with a bulging trophy cabinet?
View attachment 2121808
2026. Would be playing Rd 1 next year if he was allowed though, Nick Daicos type talent but also likes a hardball get.

View attachment 2121808
You forgot his mark of the year award. Could well have been the mark of the decade for that absolute speccy over Jake Carlisle.

Wait a minute the general public voted on that one and a good average mark by Andrew Krakouer won it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty amazing. He won the inaugural fadgelow and bookies have him on short odds to win the next 12. I do not think it'll ever be beaten.
2023 Fadgelow Medallist - N. Daicos
2024 Fadgelow Medallist - I. Heeney

It really isn't that difficult to identify the best player across a full season (including finals) if you are able to watch games of football with an unbiased view.

2023 Fadgelow Medallist - N. Daicos
2024 Fadgelow Medallist - I. Heeney

It really isn't that difficult to identify the best player across a full season (including finals) if you are able to watch games of football with an unbiased view.
Heeney was unreal this year.

It's great news for the Pies. If you've followed the 2014 draft and the one to have it's gone Heeney, Jordy, Petracca, Heeney... It's now Jordy's turn.

Not sure what criteria qualifies a player as the GOAT but I guess amassing multiple individual honours would be a good start.
So how many Norm Smith’s, MVPs, AAs and B&F’s does one need to qualify? So far he has a coaches award, a rising star and 1 or 2 AA’s I think.

Not sure what criteria qualifies a player as the GOAT but I guess amassing multiple individual honours would be a good start.
So how many Norm Smith’s, MVPs, AAs and B&F’s does one need to qualify? So far he has a coaches award, a rising star and 1 or 2 AA’s I think.
Depends on the type of player, but had a crack at this a few months ago for Daics:

Screenshot_20240925-235547_Chrome.jpg
Post in thread 'Nick Daicos - Can he be the GOAT?' https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/nick-daicos-can-he-be-the-goat.1377194/post-83877782

To me it's all about how you're perceived against your peers. We can't measure contribution to the team the way cricket can, but even with cricket, the context which the runs were scored is massive

To me, the GOAT has to have been a player who was clearly perceived as the best player in the league for a period of time. So for me it'd come down to how long were you in the conversation for best player in the league. How long were you considered the best player in the league. How clearly were you considered the best player in the league.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Nick Daicos - Can he be the GOAT?

Back