Player Watch Nick Daicos - Can he be the GOAT?

Can Nick Daicos be the AFL's GOAT

• Yes

Votes: 167 28.7%
  • No

Votes: 414 71.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

It's irrelevant. Odds are the odds.
Daicos didn't contend for this year's brownlow. Was never a chance
Daicos won the Coaches Award, was a narrow second fave behind Cripps, and polled more votes than any player had polled prior to 2024.

The fact Cripps got votes for turning up doesn't change the fact Daicos contended.

I see you're still tying yourself in knots trying to understand what does and doesn't constitute a 'contender' in a sporting event...

You'll get there eventually.

Or maybe you won't.

Daicos won the Coaches Award, was a narrow second fave behind Cripps, and polled more votes than any player had polled prior to 2024.

The fact Cripps got votes for turning up doesn't change the fact Daicos contended.

I see you're still tying yourself in knots trying to understand what does and doesn't constitute a 'contender' in a sporting event...

You'll get there eventually.

Or maybe you won't.
Funny thing is , Daicos may have been favourite week 1, but simply wasn't in the conversation after Heeneys first month and then Cripps took over mid year after Heeney's suspension. Even yourself said that Cripps would win it . Hey, put it down on Daicos CV - brownlow favourite week 1 AFL season 2024. Lol . Make me laugh you people.

Funny thing is , Daicos may have been favourite week 1, but simply wasn't in the conversation after Heeneys first month and then Cripps took over mid year after Heeney's suspension. Even yourself said that Cripps would win it . Hey, put it down on Daicos CV - brownlow favourite week 1 AFL season 2024. Lol . Make me laugh you people.
He wasn't in the conversation?

Many people picked him, he was favourite once Heeney got suspended, and was a quarter of a point longer odds than Cripps once the season ended!

In fact, Daicos actually shortened back into Brownlow favouritism BEFORE Heeney was suspended.

I absolutely predicted Cripps to win it, but that doesn't mean 'Daicos was never in the running'...

Wowee.

He wasn't in the conversation?

Wowee.
It's easy to be in conversation. There would have been a dozen players in the conversation at a minimum. Was Nick ever the standout favourite ? No.
Nick is fast becoming a perennial placegetter. There is just always someone just a little bit better over the course of a season. Not Goatworthy as it stands .

It's easy to be in conversation. There would have been a dozen players in the conversation at a minimum. Was Nick ever the standout favourite ? No.
Nick is fast becoming a perennial placegetter. There is just always someone just a little bit better over the course of a season. Not Goatworthy as it stands .
Let's see how he goes after his third season.

Who was the last player to have two x top 3 Brownlow Medal finishes in their first three seasons?

If he keeps averaging 1.5 Brownlow votes a game as he has in his last two seasons, he's bound to pick up his fair share.

You can also throw in a 1st and 2nd in the Coaches Award in his first two seasons.

Like it or not, he's on track to greatness.

Last edited:
I also like how it's gone from 'he wasn't in the conversation' to 'it's easy to be in the conversation'.

Favourite before the start of the season.

Firmed back into favouritism at the midpoint of the season after a slow start.

Narrow second favourite on the night of the count.

I also like how it's gone from 'he wasn't in the conversation' to 'it's easy to be in the conversation'.

Favourite before the start of the season.

Firmed back into favouritism at the midpoint of the season after a slow start.

Narrow second favourite on the night of the count.
Like I said, he was never in contention . "In the conversation " was your wording.
BTW- judd won his first brownlow in his 3rd year. Judd isn't even talked about as the GOAT. Nick has a long long long long way to go

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let's see how he goes after his third season.

Who was the last player to have two x top 3 Brownlow Medal finishes in their first two seasons?

If he keeps averaging 1.5 Brownlow votes a game as he has in his last two seasons, he's bound to pick up his fair share.

You can also throw in a 1st and 2nd in the Coaches Award in his first two seasons.

Like it or not, he's on track to greatness.
He has played 3 seasons yeah ? Could have sworn he has played more than 60 odd games...

Like I said, he was never in contention . "In the conversation " was your wording.
BTW- judd won his first brownlow in his 3rd year. Judd isn't even talked about as the GOAT. Nick has a long long long long way to go
No.

'Wasn't in the conversation' was YOUR wording.

Judd won a Brownlow with 30 votes in his third year. Nick had 28 in his second year, despite missing the last 3 games; 38 votes in his 3rd year.

He's building a very impressive CV.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Nick Daicos - Can he be the GOAT?

Back