Player Watch Nick Daicos - Can he be the GOAT?

Can Nick Daicos be the AFL's GOAT

• Yes

Votes: 167 28.7%
  • No

Votes: 414 71.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Who is if he's not?
Let's looks at the what the history books currently tell us -
Brisbane are the reigning premiers so they are currently the best team
P Cripps is the reigning brownlow medalist so he would be the games best player currently.
Nick gets a shot at the title next year if he is good enough

Cripps the only player in the comp to finish top 3 in the Brownlow, Coaches Votes and MVP so it would be hard to argue that he wasn't the best player in the game this season.

If I'm picking a player to win a single game for me though I'm taking Bont, Heeney or Cripps in that order. Nicky would be somewhere down the line after a few.

Let's looks at the what the history books currently tell us -
Brisbane are the reigning premiers so they are currently the best team
P Cripps is the reigning brownlow medalist so he would be the games best player currently.
Nick gets a shot at the title next year if he is good enough
Are you seriously saying Cripps is the best player in the game?

Because if you are:
In Daicos' third year and Cripps' 11th year:
  • Daicos beat Cripps in the AFLCA Coaches Award;
  • Daicos was runner up to Cripps in the Brownlow Medal;
  • Daicos was 4th in the AFLPA MVP, Cripps 2nd.

In Daicos' second year and Cripps' 10th year:
  • Daicos was 3rd in the AFLCA Coaches Award, Cripps 20th;
  • Daicos was 3rd in the Brownlow Medal, Cripps equal 9th;
  • Daicos was 2nd in the AFLPA MVP, Cripps not in the Top 5.

Cripps has received Coaches votes in 1 of 4 finals he has played in that time, whilst Daicos has received Coaches votes in 2 of 2 finals in the same time (returning from what should have been a season ending leg injury).

Daicos averages 1.19 Brownlow votes per game played; Cripps does well and is 4th on the list, averaging 0.92 votes per game. Daicos has 77 Brownlow votes after 3 seasons, it took Cripps 7 seasons to reach 77 Brownlow votes. Cripps was on 90 Brownlow votes after 8 seasons.

Cripps the only player in the comp to finish top 3 in the Brownlow, Coaches Votes and MVP so it would be hard to argue that he wasn't the best player in the game this season.

If I'm picking a player to win a single game for me though I'm taking Bont, Heeney or Cripps in that order. Nicky would be somewhere down the line after a few.
You honestly think Cripps is 2024's best player, given the performances Heeney and Neale delivered during the finals series?

Because if you are:

Cripps has received Coaches votes in 1 of 4 finals he has played in that time, whilst Daicos has received Coaches votes in 2 of 2 finals in the same time (returning from what should have been a season ending leg injury).

Daicos averages 1.19 Brownlow votes per game played; Cripps does well and is 4th on the list, averaging 0.92 votes per game. Daicos has 77 Brownlow votes after 3 seasons, it took Cripps 7 seasons to reach 77 Brownlow votes. Cripps was on 90 Brownlow votes after 8 seasons.
Very simple way of looking at stats. Put Daicos in a side that didn't play finals for his first 7 years and see how well he polls. Cripps is the title holder. Don't care if you don't like my opinion - I don't agree with yours.

Because if you are:

Daicos first year ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cripps was the best player across the regular season. Heeney and Neale had better finals series but not as good regular seasons.

Daicos was the best of neither.
As I've stated in another thread, the order of performances in the home and away season were as follows:
1. Heeney
2. Cripps
3. Daicos
4. Bont
5. Neale

With 2 massive finals, Heeney retains his #1 ranking for the full season, and Neale leapfrogs Cripps, Daicos and Bont to jump into 2nd ranking.

Cripps wasn't so far better than Neale than he holds out the Gary Ayres Medallist, and arguably BOG in the Grand Final.

How would you rank the respective FULL season performances?

As I've stated in another thread, the order of performances in the home and away season were as follows:
1. Heeney
2. Cripps
3. Daicos
4. Bont
5. Neale

With 2 massive finals, Heeney retains his #1 ranking for the full season, and Neale leapfrogs Cripps, Daicos and Bont to jump into 2nd ranking.

Cripps wasn't so far better than Neale than he holds out the Gary Ayres Medallist, and arguably BOG in the Grand Final.

How would you rank the respective FULL season performances?
Daicos not on top, that's all that really matters in relation to this thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Nick Daicos - Can he be the GOAT?

Back