Toast Nick Vlastuin - Round 7 Rising Star

Remove this Banner Ad

What a gem he is. Will be a special player for us. Great pick up :thumbsu:

Look forward to him showing Viney a thing or too about being a hard nut

Definitely looms as a Ricciuto kind of midfield -> forward prospect, Joker. He'll be a tough match-up as long as his body holds up.

He's a gem, Grock...but I do wish people would stop calling him 'Tigga'...from the mascot on down it's a slippery slope to Mc****wits like McLachlan and McAvaney calling us the 'Tiggies' or whatever. I always hated that whole concept.

We're TIGERS. Jack Dyer's TIGERS.

'Tigga' is a bumbling, cowardly doofus of Winnie the Pooh fame.

Ask any four year old boy who can kick a footy, they'll tell ya. ;)

Is it any coincidence we started playing like bloody 'Tigga's' shortly after that whole thing started?

-------------

As a sidenote, I've said many a blessing since the day Brett Deledio walked into the club, but perhaps it is time during the next off-season to send him to 'Learning to Deal Better With Criticism and Having the Piss Taken Out of Me' Camp. Media relations and such.

I suggest an intensive seven day boot camp with Cogga, Deliberate, Hannah Gadsby, that octopus who always picks the right team in the world cup to moderate the whole affair, and as many crates of gin as it takes to get the job done.

He'll ace the media with a smile and a wink, then blitz past Ablett like he was standing still...just build the threat of having to repeat the experience annually into all future contracts. ;)

Yes hate it with a passion and when James Brayshaw makes fun of "Push Up" like he's a cartoon character or something.

Just heard "Tiggies fans will like it" on the end of Vlastuin's highlights package. :mad: :thumbsdown:

Richo I'd be calling the Cats the Pussys,Pies the Skunks and Bombers the Verucas or Tulla from now on.

If your fellow commentators have an issue tell em to get nicked and stop calling us Tiggies!!!!!

Imagine how good this will be in 3 years time.

Cotchin, Martin, Conca, Ellis, Vlaustin

That is spot on.. in 3 years these guys are mature:

Lids = played 200 games will be about 28
Foley = Played 150 games and will be 30

Then this young brigade who are making us decent atm but all of a sudden will make us awesome:

Cotchin = 150 games and mid twenties
Edwards = 150+ games and mid twenties
Martin = 150ish games and mid twenties
Conca = 100 games and early/mid twenties
Ellis = 100 games and early/mid twenties
Vlaustin = 70 odd games and early twenties

All of a sudden these guys are peaking running and strength wise and our midfield will truly be one of the best in the comp. Talk of this atm is pre mature. We can perform like a top midfield but only in patches. 3 more years will mean it is consistent which I believe will translate into a top four side.

The nickname "Tigga" was from his mum, I'm guessing it stuck and yes it was after the Winnie the Pooh character. Think it's going to stick :)

LOL...yeah I do remember reading that now. Well, I reckon he might evolve beyond that...his mum will still call him 'Tigga'...but everyone else might get a belting. ;)

The octopus that predicted all the WC wins died last year.:(

Bugger.

By coincidence, you were my next choice, tug. Are you busy in NOVEMBER when our season is finally over?

But I am the Oracle if that helps.

Not one bit, considering I just read a thread you started about us collapsing against Melbourne! :eek:;)

Yes hate it with a passion and when James Brayshaw makes fun of "Push Up" like he's a cartoon character or something.

Just heard "Tiggies fans will like it" on the end of Vlastuin's highlights package. :mad: :thumbsdown:

Richo I'd be calling the Cats the Pussys,Pies the Skunks and Bombers the Verucas or Tulla from now on.

If your fellow commentators have an issue tell em to get nicked and stop calling us Tiggies!!!!!

It's not on, smasha, they deliberately do it to insult us.

The club needs to boycott media outlets which do it until they learn.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Nick Vlastuin - Round 7 Rising Star

Remove this Banner Ad

Back