mikeula

Senior List
Apr 16, 2002
victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
essendon
That nite will be a scary thought looking at the way Adelaide are playing.

That Friday nite is going to be a scary thought indeed for bomber supporters.

Considering we lost by 88 last year over there and crows have got better and bombers worse whats the prediction of a margin?

Remember we won there in 2004 and last year we put up a good fight, and were within 3 goals close to half time before being smacked. So logical progression means we should get done by 100+.

It's not great seeing us be belted but to see us be belted by the team that I hate most, Adelaide, is something I can't stand. :( And it's on Friday night where everyone can see, not even buried away on a Sunday :(

DaSawx said:
How the :D:D:D:D are we gonna stop him? LOL
Our best chance to win would be to make an 17 man pyramid in front of their goals. With some careful engineering we should get it high enough so that only Lynch and maybe Wirrpunda will be able to kick over it. We'll need a good strong base for the pyramid so ins for this week are Rioli and Johns. Reynolds stays in the team and with his light frame will be used at the top alongside the likes of Dempsey and Lovett.

The reason I say 17 man pyramid is because obviously we will need to score as they will probably get a few rushed behinds. There's only one man for that job: Bolton...he'll be playing out of the goal square.

zafa23 said:
Our best chance to win would be to make an 17 man pyramid in front of their goals. With some careful engineering we should get it high enough so that only Lynch and maybe Wirrpunda will be able to kick over it. We'll need a good strong base for the pyramid so ins for this week are Rioli and Johns. Reynolds stays in the team and with his light frame and will be used at the top alongside the likes of Dempsey and Lovett.

The reason I say 17 man pyramid is because obviously we will need to score as they will probably get a few rushed behinds. There's only one man for that job: Bolton...he'll be playing out of the goal square.

Haha ...... I'm all for that :thumbsu:

It's still a few weeks out but yeah, we've been pretty competetive in all of our games this year and been "in it" deep into last quarter in all... still no excuses though, the club has reached cold, new depths today. Obviously an Adelaide win is pretty much a formality, but it's these sorts of games where they generally surprise us and put up a show (eg. Eagles in Perth, last year).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Longy413 said:
Let's just take it one belting at a time hey.

Got the Eagles first.

hahahaha i like ur thinking....at least now ive dtachted myself emotionally from essendons 2006 campaign and can sit back and support my supercoach hopefuls....watson, stanton, hille and mcphee

marcuz said:
To be honest you could have named Narre Warren, Congupna and North Geelong as our next three opponants and we'd still be in trouble.

narre warren wuld go close to the dons at the minute...especially if played at the bog hole down at fox rd

windyhill said:
We are chance v w.coast. The Crow game should, however , have an AO rating, it`s gonna be bad.

we are a chance, no chance, judd will tear us a new a hole im tipping, heff has been in good form but we dont have a player that can keep up with the great man from WC, tipping a 40+ poss game from him.

I'm kind of looking forward to seeing how Essendon responds, as I reckon the media are going to give us a mauling during the week.
I just hope we stand up and give the Eagles a contest of some sorts, our experienced players need to really put their hand up this week, some of them have been atrocious. The young guys aren't doing too bad for the time they've played AFL, but they can't be expected to stand alone against WCE midfield.

hey look at the positives.. hird stayed injury free for about 1 more game than i thought.. ha so bloody predictable that he would do a hammy or something like that... wat a spud.... and judd its simple just get one of our runners on the ground and say his mum just died.. that will get him off the field... and i think we need hennaman HF and zantuck in the back with murphy in the middle and cupido and rioli in the forward line.. have allan in the ruck and haynes roving.... mmmmm then we can truely be the essendon ******s hehe (see the sarcasim hehe)

Remove this Banner Ad

Nightmare - Adelaide on Friday at FP in a few weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back