Autopsy NM v West Coast - the great choke!

Remove this Banner Ad

Worst loss of the year by a mile.
Worst loss in a while. A little more polish and we should have been 8 to 10 goals up early in the third. There were two massive momentum-killing incidents; 1. Powell works into a great position to launch an attack into our forward 50 and Pink kicks it straight over his head to the opposition for a quick rebound and goal when a handball would have been a better call, and 2. Blatant holding the ball decision not paid in a position North would have launched an attack from and again, straight down to Allen for a goal.

Hopefully the footy gods have thrown all the shit ways to lose at us while it doesn’t really matter and we start getting a bit of luck going our way, starting round one next year.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
The footy gods sustain themselves from constantly dumping all over this club
That is, when we’re not doing it to ourselves

The reality is that we are simply waiting until Sheezel is ready to take over.
Give it to him this week

Don’t wait

F*** their feelings

How would the opposing coach plan to beat North.
“We know they don’t hurt anyone going forward, so will let them dominate us and take it forward. Once it’s in and they turn it over we rebound out. Simple.”

He absolutely isn’t mate. At best defensively he’s a 3rd tall that can drop off when his opponent pushes up. He has been exposed when asked to play on opposition key forwards. Go back and watch the Allen mark in the 3rd where he refuses to stay on him. He is absolutely not a 1 on 1 defender.
He’s a defender that hasn’t learnt to be defensive.

Someone needs to tell him that you can’t mark everything and sometimes you need to punch.

I get it, but the last thing I want is to risk ruining our single best asset with such a heavy responsibility.
It’s his team now
He can handle it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He absolutely isn’t mate. At best defensively he’s a 3rd tall that can drop off when his opponent pushes up. He has been exposed when asked to play on opposition key forwards. Go back and watch the Allen mark in the 3rd where he refuses to stay on him. He is absolutely not a 1 on 1 defender.
I agree he isn’t a 1-1 defender 👍
Still think there is a player there though, he is still in plenty of ways a first year key back and plenty of them make horrendous mistakes
He had his worst game of the year but is worth persisting with

People keep banging on about McKercher but that was a shocking a 30+ disposal game you get.

Kid has a pea heart too. Soft at the contest. He is the quintessential crab footballer…… yes I said it.
Worst call of the day!! Shocking call!!

Christ man he’s 18 years old and will be a champion. His role right now is not to get pole axed. It’s to provide elite distribution around the ground, notably out of the backline.

People are overreacting imo, yes, it was disappointing but it is what happens when you make a lot of poor defensive decisions and you have zero quality mature players.

I don’t think people are overreacting, it’s a pretty inexcusable loss after strongly stating we were seeking a strong finish in very winnable games. West Coast have recently imploded and they played a 1.5 quarter game, North losing a 6 goal lead, with a 13 point lead with 1.30 left.

I don’t really care how one can slice it, its an unacceptable loss.

I don’t disagree with the clear problems we have, but we have too large mental gaps, too large skill gaps and transition of leadership from seniors to juniors is raising alarms that nobody on either side of the age spectrum is truly ready or has the skills to support a foundation. We need to make some serious moves at trade time.

We really need better experienced players or weird results like this are going to keep happening. It's difficult for young players to keep their composure in these sorts of situations when spuds like Simpkin and McDonald are panicking every time they go near the ball. We really needed some senior players to settle the game down and kill some time. I mean, ****, it's not like you need to do much when you're 13 points up with less than 2 minutes to go.

How would the opposing coach plan to beat North.
“We know they don’t hurt anyone going forward, so will let them dominate us and take it forward. Once it’s in and they turn it over we rebound out. Simple.”
Looks like we learnt nothing from playing the cats & kicking it to Stewart all game ..
McGovern EXACTLY same game plan

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy NM v West Coast - the great choke!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back