Autopsy NM v West Coast - the great choke!

Remove this Banner Ad

Give it to him this week

Don’t wait

F*** their feelings
Protecting a lead/ Getting run down is by far the number 1 time you need on field leadership. Composure. Voice. No mistakes. Thats why you have captains. Its easy in january, or when you are miles in front - or behind. There is such a gaping hole in on field leadership in our club. Hoping it will just change is stupid. Error riddled panic merchants cant be leaders. And they arent. We need so much better.

Worst call of the day!! Shocking call!!

Christ man he’s 18 years old and will be a champion. His role right now is not to get pole axed. It’s to provide elite distribution around the ground, notably out of the backline.
His job as a footballer is to contest, not run around the back for cheap stats.

20m sideways crab kicks are not elite.

People need to take the blinkers off. He is a liability in the contest and has no hurt factor with the ball.

If kick outs didn’t exist would be lucky to get it 10 times a game.

we are really not in such a mire, jsut no depth on the list, cant carry the loss of louge and lack a pack marking forward, pity they had 3 today

Mate we just lost to West Coast who have Reid and a bunch of guys over 30 and nothing else.

We're not just in the mire we are the mire

Last edited:
That game was handed over due to dumb football, not exclusively, but led superbly by both our co-captains, where was the duty of care care for Sheez who looked obviously hobbled with something, being left on the field ?

Backline was shite, and if i didn't know better, i would have Corr didn't play, i can barely remember seeing him, despite all the inside 50's going into the D50.

Yet again, piss poor use of the sub, both in who it was, and when it was used.

I don’t think people are overreacting, it’s a pretty inexcusable loss after strongly stating we were seeking a strong finish in very winnable games. West Coast have recently imploded and they played a 1.5 quarter game, North losing a 6 goal lead, with a 13 point lead with 1.30 left.

I don’t really care how one can slice it, its an unacceptable loss.

I don’t disagree with the clear problems we have, but we have too large mental gaps, too large skill gaps and transition of leadership from seniors to juniors is raising alarms that nobody on either side of the age spectrum is truly ready or has the skills to support a foundation. We need to make some serious moves at trade time.
out skills were actually better in the 2nd half but we went all in to much in the 3rd quarter and were killed on rebounds when we turned it over, mostly from crap 50 entries, out forward structure of trying to bombing it on souvas head has to end. that pathetic effort where he once got one on one out and tried to poke it over the back for a joe the goose was embarrising.

Incredibly disappointing, as well as we played for large portions of the game, it still feels we took a step backwards in the team's development.

It's about the 4th or 5th time this season we have built a solid lead only to lose in the fourth quarter, it feels like 2013 all over again.

For me it's the second time in less than 24 hours that my team (North and Parramatta) lost the unlosable match with a terrible final few minutes so I'm feeling doubly depressed. Best I don't express my true feelings, or I'll be banned for life. :mad:

Who cares really.

Still plenty of positives. Mckercher could be better than sheezel. We've got pick 2. We really need to practice defending a lead in the off season

The ball was punched away before he could mark it...he didnt drop it..

He shit himself - should have ****en attacked.

I also don't know how Will Phillips was not part of the midfield group in the last 5 minutes

8 tackles (second highest behind Xerri's 12) and gave them nothing all day on the inside with his defensive pressure.

Especially when we had sheez in there on one leg

Xerri was influential after quarter time.

This game isn't on him. Best on ground by a mile for us.
I wasn’t implying that it was.

More that as a midfield group we’ve got to get better and improve our system. Relying on X just to bash and crash is predictable, and not particularly effective. It was often cited as an issue earlier in the season and is not something we should be going back to.

I agree he was our best, but we should be aiming to win games of footy not have X make the AA team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ys mate hear ya, I coined the phrase recently "loser saturation ". We've all had enough, I am over it too, but I can't control any of it. Nor can you.
I know the types that are successful and in today's side we had 1,2,3,4, 5, 6 they aren't ready or aren't good enough. Or the mix of them do not compliment each other. Our forward line is a shambles tbh
Who is our forward line coach? This bloke needs the arse before any player.

It's a ****ing shambolic, dysfunctional, medium forward riddled shit show.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I live for the days of our 2 co captains, you know the ones that are supposed to set the tone for the inexperienced out there only for them to then try kick the footy 80 metres flat footed but only for the ball to go 25 metres to 3 oppo players sitting under it most weeks
The game against GC he never kicked it more than about 40 and always to a short target. Today resorted to bombs and we paid the price for that. Should have been 6–7 goals up at half time. Curtis the major offender. Comben was appalling as a defender against Allen and refused to play in his direct opponent. Last 2 minutes drill needs more work I would think 🤔

Mate we just lost to West Coast who have Reid and a bunch of guys over 30 and nothing else.

We're not just in the mire we're are the mire
It was a shit loss, but not sky is falling loss.

The key word is that we lost, we lost through stupidity and brain fades, not because we were beaten by West Coast.

If West Coast came out and win because they played better footy then get worried.

Im worried because we keep making stupid mistakes, but let’s be honest a lot of those are coming from players that will not drive this club forward.

I hope this loss really stings them, because they just lost when they were clearly the better side.

Last edited:
Worst call of the day!! Shocking call!!

Christ man he’s 18 years old and will be a champion. His role right now is not to get pole axed. It’s to provide elite distribution around the ground, notably out of the backline.
There are a lot of shit calls here by frustrated guys having a tanty. Yes, it is hugely frustrating result, and yes, we clearly need to learn how to capitalise on winning positions, but we are better placed than we have been for years.

We're not just in the mire we're are the mire
any yet the same team were at one stage 4 points away from rising above the same bunch of blokes you mention on the live ladder. fix the issues that need fixing and we get better. pretty simple really.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy NM v West Coast - the great choke!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back