Autopsy NM v West Coast - the great choke!

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree he isn’t a 1-1 defender 👍
Still think there is a player there though, he is still in plenty of ways a first year key back and plenty of them make horrendous mistakes
He had his worst game of the year but is worth persisting with

At CHF yes.

Have been nothing but positive on here since the bye. Today was the biggest wake up call and reality check.

Outside a couple individual players who have improved and taken the next step, the club has gone backwards and we are miles off.

• No Leaders. Simpkin, McDonald absolutely appalling.
  • No clear Game plan other then 1v1 and when we don’t win that we are exposed.
  • No Spine- Look at WC the 2 best players on the ground were Allen and McGovern.

Absolutely disasterous loss.

He absolutely isn’t mate. At best defensively he’s a 3rd tall that can drop off when his opponent pushes up. He has been exposed when asked to play on opposition key forwards. Go back and watch the Allen mark in the 3rd where he refuses to stay on him. He is absolutely not a 1 on 1 defender.
That's be ause he's a contested marking chf. End of story.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Have been nothing but positive on here since the bye. Today was the biggest wake up call and reality check.

Outside a couple individual players who have improved and taken the next step, the club has gone backwards and we are miles off.

• No Spine- Look at WC the 2 best players on the ground were Allen and McGovern.

Then we complain we don’t get enough recognition & praise from the media .
We can’t handle any of that …
Favourite to win todays game , 5 players in the under 22 best afL team for 2024, 3 rising stars…
We are crap

Where else is he going to play. He literally avoids anything that resembles a contest.

I’m sick of everyone looking at the stat sheet and not the actual impact.

We don’t need crab footballers. We need players that go when it’s there turn.
I think you’re going a little early here. Sure a, third year player is fair game but he hasn’t even had an AFL preseason. He took that overhead mark when it was his turn so that was a good sign that he doesn’t lack the courage, he just needs the seasoned body which will come in time

When we needed leadership.. missing alternating with errors.
what is the point of him. He is terrible. Really terrible. “He actually did some good things” doesnt cut it anymore. He may be popular with the boys. Great. Its not a popularity contest - our young side needs a leader. He aint it. He cannot be in our side in round 1. Pay him out or he can coach or a dev role. I dont care.
Where's Mav when you need him?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But at least everyone is signed up & locked away. Except LDU.

It was a shit loss, but not sky is falling loss.

The key word is that we lost, we lost through stupidity and brain fades, not because we were beaten by West Coast.

If West Coast came out and win because they played better footy then get worried.

Im worried because we keep making stupid mistakes, but let’s be honest a lot of those are coming from players that will not drive this club forward.

I hope this loss really stings them, because they just lost when they were clearly the better side.

We coughed up a 6 goal lead to them on their own dung hill and then kicked the last 2 to win the last time round.

We took many steps back today.

People keep banging on about McKercher but that was a shocking a 30+ disposal game you get.

Kid has a pea heart too. Soft at the contest. He is the quintessential crab footballer…… yes I said it.
You cant be effing serious???? He is a kid who has a crack at least unlike others in the team with far more experience than him. This is the poorest take on the loss I have seen yet. We are all hurting but to state this is just ridiculous

I believe Rick18 is a top bloke. His analysis is always a small shining light post-game.

But if he can spin this into any sort of positive............
TBF:
We were leading by 35 odd
We were doing it based on Sheez, WhiPhi, McKercher, Xerri, RHJ and Powell, who are 24 at max
Simpkin and McDonald had done fk all (at that point)
There are positives but my god, that last 45 mins was atrocious

He certainly did nothing to back it up...

10 kicks for a grand total of 0.2

And we are paying this fraud how much?

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Wouldn't have lost any sleep at all if Cam left. Nice that he's staying but he is no better a footballer now, than he was 2 years ago. Treading water

That was a gut-wrenching/unlosable loss but it doesn't change the bright future ahead. The standard of footy between today's game and the previous one against West Coast is night and day. We've absolutely improved from then despite not getting the result this time. Issues today were the Coaching and backline had a mare plus our forward 50 entries, though slightly better, still need plenty of improvement. We missed having a fit Sheezel and Wardlaw dearly in the last quarter as well. All those issues are solvable.

So not worried like most of you are. Get another gun or two in the draft and we'll be pushing for finals next year :thumbsu:

I think you’re going a little early here. Sure a, third year player is fair game but he hasn’t even had an AFL preseason. He took that overhead mark when it was his turn so that was a good sign that he doesn’t lack the courage, he just needs the seasoned body which will come in time
Avoiding body contact is in a make up regardless of how many games they have played.

I would rather him have 20 and compete and be more damaging than 37 of the most crab like possessions you will see.

People need to stop getting infatuated by the disposal count. Most of them are around the back and chip it.

If kick outs were removed from the game he would be lucky to crack 10 possessions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy NM v West Coast - the great choke!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back