no more whigeing bombers?

• Thread starter Freemason hater
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Remove this Banner Ad

F

Freemason hater

I notice the traditional Windy Hill injuries whinge was barely audible this year, maybe because the only friggin things that happened in boreing bomber land was a cold to Jimsy's little tacker which the herald sun and channel seven made out as some life threatening plague -like mysterious ailment.
The other injury was chest pains by their fat-bastard president (here's a tip try cutting down to forty serves of fried food a week)

What has all this got to do with Freemasonry?

Absolutely bizarre
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

The bombers in the past were run by many gents in the freemason fellowship. A guy I used to work with used to call the Dons "the Goat Rooters".

Nice of this guy to hang shit on a child's ailment that put her in hospital. ****ing bottom feeder.

------------------
RED & BLACK BACK to BACK 2001!

Do they (Freemasons) still have an influence there?

Could explain the antipathy between Carlton and Essendon ... Mafia versus Freemasons - that one's been going on for years.

Sectarianism was very much alive and well within football clubs in the first half of this century. Essendon was historically a staunchly Protestant club as compared to strongly Irish Catholic clubs such as Collingwood,Richmond and Hawthorn. Essendon used to recruit a lot of home grown talent from the Essendon Baptists.

Thankfully all that nonsense has disappeared.

The comment about Hirdy's baby girl is beneath contempt.

If the truth be known they didn't have a Catholic play for them untill the fifties.
Nor did businesses in the area controlled by the goat riders employ Catholics.

No injuries, hang on - Bewick had a sore left paw & someone stole his saucer of milk!

What about the Bullshit on 7 this Saturday night? The James Hird story. When are the media going to stop flogging themslves over this irrevelant essendon footballer?!
I could think of approximately 3 billion more worthy people to have their life story told!!
Go on freemasons, go wank yourselves while watching that pathetic dribble on Saturday night.

Hawthorn a Catholic club ?

Hawks fans - please help me with my Social History of Football - I always thought Hawthorn was reflective of the area it represented

ie - Middle class, Protestant, Liberal voting, Anglo-Saxon

am I right ?

Of course I am not talikng about these days where I hope we would have left all this sectarian nonsense behind but I am referring to the social and historical heritage of the club.

I always thought Hawthorn were a WASPy club.

BSA

Historically, Hawthorn and adjoining suburbs such as Kew have a large number of Catholic schools/churches. This is because in the early part of the century middle class Catholics chose to settle in these areas. Hence the Hawthorn footy club.

Now of course Hawthorn has a much broader non-sectarian base of support encompassing a lot of the eastern suburbs in the Waverley vicinity.

The origins of the original VFL footy clubs would make interesting reading.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

no more whigeing bombers?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back