No wonder Matthews is such a pathetic coach

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by peruka
Now Black Thunder, if you were thinking like a dillusional lions supporter, then he would be on $100,000 a year that he signed 10 years ago when his market value was $450,000 a year. But going back 10 years, 3/4 of these lions supoprters wouldnt have known who Lynch was, let me take that back, 3/4 of these "modern" day lions supports wouldnt have heard of him 5 years, let alone 10 years ago.

Now you've lost us all here. First, Matthews is a pathetic coach, now you're telling us 75% of Lions supporters didn't know who Alastair Lynch was in 1998 and/or 1993? Modern Lions supporters are comprised of Fitzroy and Bears supporters. Fitzroy supporters would know Lynch as the guy who simultaneously held our forward line and our back line together for six seasons. Bears supporters know Lynch as the highly paid replacement for Merrett who started well, got CFS and recovered and is the strongest man on a football field since Plugger retired. QED, you're an idiot.

It wont happen soon, but when this club is brought back down to earth with the rest of the comp, then we'll see how some of these idiots in here realise how hard it is to keep a squad together, and see what it feels like to be on a level playing feild.

Didn't Brisbane trade Clarke away due to salary cap pressure back a few years?

Originally posted by BrisGirl
Nasty attacks aside...........

Matthews stepped into the Coaching role after the year we came last, 1998.

In 1999, we finished 3rd and this was with all of the same footballers.

He is a very good Coach.

I would say the players achieved the objective of dumping their previous Coach and were now ready to play.

Best coach laughing at the rest of the comp knowing he is being looked after by the AFL. You people make me sick!

Spot on, Peruka. Wonderful isn't it? Exactly the effect required.

Bleed.

What are you on about? Dont you get it why us Vics are sick of these concessions you are getting? You and sydeney are allowed an extra $600,000 and $900,000 in your cap for the bull$hit reason of player retention. Do you understand what bull$hit means?? Your club is not as the same as everyone else. Youre club has something 14 other clubs dont have, an extra 2 or 3 sensational players on your list that the cap should have helped get rid of. What do you have to say for you people to finally GET IT?

Sounds perfect to me. We win premierships and your ilk become apoplectic. All's well. What IS your complaint, really? Don't be shy.

Never thought I'd enjoy winning premierships this much. Thanks for the bonus Peruka. It just keeps getting better. Laughing all the way to the GF podium. I suppose you'll be a disinterested spectator again this year? You must let us know your impressions at the end of the season as well.

Hey skilts, why dont you wipe your a$$ cause your breathe stinks!

Keep it coming Peruka. I'm so impressed with your discomfort, I think I'll frame your posts. Ah yes, I''ll look back with glee at how impotently angry you were.

Originally posted by sog35
Didn't Brisbane trade Clarke away due to salary cap pressure back a few years?
Thats like trading Adam Kingsley away due to salary cap pressure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But going back 10 years, 3/4 of these lions supoprters wouldnt have known who Lynch was, let me take that back, 3/4 of these "modern" day lions supports wouldnt have heard of him 5 years, let alone 10 years ago.

Really? Quite an exaggeration there I think.

Let's see. The Brisbane Lions have just over 24,000 members this year.

So what you're saying is that three quarters of that current number of members 5 years ago would never have heard of Alistair Lynch. That equates to only 6,000 current supporters of the Brisbane Lions who would have heard of Alistair Lynch five years ago.

I'm sure Fitzroy supporters would have heard of Alistair Lynch, five years ago and most definitely 10 years ago. There's 5,000 paid up Brisbane Lions members this year. The Queensland membership of the Brisbane Lions five years ago (1999) was about 14,000 (and about 3,000 Vic members). So I'd calculate that about 19,000 current Brisbane Lions members would have known who Alistair Lynch was five years ago.

That in fact is about 77-78% of all current Brisbane Lions members.

Not one quarter.

10 years ago, it was about 40-45% of all current day Lions supporters and in fact here I'm just calculating the actual paid up members.

Not one quarter.

Overall it's fantatic to see the support for the Brisbane Lions continue to grow in both Queensland and Victoria. There is a 6,000 membership target for Victoria this year, while overall the Lions are aiming for 25,000 members. They'll get there too.

Originally posted by Stocka
I'm afraid your lingering bitterness regarding R.Shaw bugging the coaches box in '93 is a dead give-away.

LOL! From memory we won that night. Nothing to be bitter about old son.

Keep trying though.

Originally posted by Dave
LOL! From memory we won that night.

Only because you played D.Bewick as a 19th player, hidden in the shadows of the GSS in the forward pocket . . .

It's a shame though, they don't really make games like that anymore.

Originally posted by Dave
Nothing to be bitter about old son.

Keep trying though.

I recall you were the one who mentioned it in a topic a while ago . . . you're probably spewing that you didn't think of it first. ;)

Originally posted by Stocka
Only because you played D.Bewick as a 19th player, hidden in the shadows of the GSS in the forward pocket . . .

:D Great torp wasn't it?

It's a shame though, they don't really make games like that anymore.

Was a beaut no doubt about it. There's something magical about a clear night at the 'G.

I recall you were the one who mentioned it in a topic a while ago . . . you're probably spewing that you didn't think of it first. ;)

Bit of a long bow to go from mentioning an incident to lingering bitterness isn't it? The only reason it stuck in my mind was that someone joked afterwards that they told Sheeds about it at half time and after the match were spewing they didn't shutup about it!

Originally posted by Roylion
Has Adam Kingsley won a club best and fairest?
Yes, in 1998. And a Michael Tuck medal in 2001.

Originally posted by Porthos
Thats like trading Adam Kingsley away due to salary cap pressure.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by sog35
Can we? Please?

Can't work out why so many of you pap supporters have it in for Kingsley who after so many years as a real consistent player for the Port Power is still playing top footy,

Remove this Banner Ad

No wonder Matthews is such a pathetic coach

Remove this Banner Ad

Back