Non-AFL chat thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
For someone who seems to dislike intolerance so much, you sure like to label people .....
Yep, I have labelled Trump a racist bigot, a narcissist, a financial failure and a sexual predator. Happy for you to prove me otherwise. Go ahead.

Yep, I have labelled Trump a racist bigot, a narcissist, a financial failure and a sexual predator. Happy for you to prove me otherwise. Go ahead.

Perhaps if you first provide proof of your labels, I will then attempt a rebuttal.

Having called 48% of the US fools, you have already provided proof of your bigotry.

Ok we'll agree to disagree then. I simply don't think it's hyperbole to label sexual assault as vile. Each to their own I guess.

Another thing, if people voted this way thinking his election will stop such labeling... well...

Once again you are misrepresenting my comment. I no way did I suggest sexual assault wasn't vile. In no way was that the point of the discussion either. You have gone on a tangent and I feel you are behaving fairly disingenuously with your remarks.

I would appreciate it if you would just leave it there.

Once again you are misrepresenting my comment. I no way did I suggest sexual assault wasn't vile. In no way was that the point of the discussion either. You have gone on a tangent and I feel you are behaving fairly disingenuously with your remarks.

I would appreciate it if you would just leave it there.
This is the very reason Trump won.
Chin up Maddog, nobody serious thought you were saying sexual assault was okay.

KgkbUTa.jpg

I wonder how many punters are still going to dig donald when he bullies the fed into raising interest rates and adds thousands to everyone's mortgage.

Wall street is going to have a giant tantrum about this for a while.

Seems Trump has already backpedalled on the wall and muslim immigration.
Both policies have gone to Hillary's position of fencing and background checks.

Ahh another corporately owned lying president. I'm already comfortable with Trump in the Whitehouse .

Seems Trump has already backpedalled on the wall and muslim immigration.
Both policies have gone to Hillary's position of fencing and background checks.

Ahh another corporately owned lying president. I'm already comfortable with Trump in the Whitehouse .

He was only ever saying what people wanted to hear really.

A bit like above.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not close to a financial failure.

Corporate bankruptcy is a tool used by financial firms all the time to restructure their assets. A person that runs enough companies will have a 99% chance of having to declare a corporate bankruptcy in one or some of their companies.

Turning an inheritance of $10m to $10b is a legit achievement as they come and possibly exceeds the market rate during the relevant time period. Only a small handful of professionals that work in the financial industry can beat the market over a sustained period of time.

He is a narcissist 100%, unlikely a sexual predator and probably not a racist/bigot though.

Not close to a financial failure.

Corporate bankruptcy is a tool used by financial firms all the time to restructure their assets. A person that runs enough companies will have a 99% chance of having to declare a corporate bankruptcy in one or some of their companies.

Turning an inheritance of $10m to $10b is a legit achievement as they come and possibly exceeds the market rate during the relevant time period. Only a small handful of professionals that work in the financial industry can beat the market over a sustained period of time.

He is a narcissist 100%, unlikely a sexual predator and probably not a racist/bigot though.

Based on what I've read:

He inherited $40m and his father had an estimated net worth was $200m, back in the 70s. He's now worth between $2.9B to $4.1B according to Bloomberg & Forbes.

His net worth in 1978 was estimated at $100m. If he'd simply put that sum into an index fund based on S&P's 500 index it would be worth $6B today.

With access to his father's enormous credit and assets and his father's relationships he's ostensibly managed to perform worse than just dumping the money in a Fortune 500 index.

He's obviously made some good property investments, but you could say that about half of Melbourne these days. I'd say a fair percentage of people could do what he's done given a similar head start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back