Resource Non-AFL General Chat

Remove this Banner Ad

How can they have one which has all the badge and writing worn off and replace it with one that the badge is shiny and easily seen? Doesn't make sense.
It's the new ball tampering. When they get a ball they dont like, they just try and **** it up as quickly as possible and whinge as much as possible until they can get a new one

It's the new ball tampering. When they get a ball they dont like, they just try and * it up as quickly as possible and whinge as much as possible until they can get a new one

Would that only work if you knew the box of replacement balls provided were in good shape though? Would this apply to the visiting team as well?

Either way - they started to persistently ask for a new ball very early and continued every few overs after that. It seemed as though persistence won the day for them. Spirit of the game and all that.

Would that only work if you knew the box of replacement balls provided were in good shape though? Would this apply to the visiting team as well?

Either way - they started to persistently ask for a new ball very early and continued every few overs after that. It seemed as though persistence won the day for them. Spirit of the game and all that.
Yeah, it's a "spirit of the game" thing. If you know the ball you're using doesnt swing then you cant get worse changing for a different ball. The way they do the balls as well is the number of over bowled with it. Balls can look completely different regardless of how many overs bowled.

England have been doing it all series, if they dont like the ball, they complain until they can get it replaced and aid getting it replace by roughing it up as much as possible in trying to get reverse swing at the same time. You can bet if it's reversing the requests to change the ball drop off.

Yeah, it's a "spirit of the game" thing. If you know the ball you're using doesnt swing then you cant get worse changing for a different ball. The way they do the balls as well is the number of over bowled with it. Balls can look completely different regardless of how many overs bowled.

England have been doing it all series, if they dont like the ball, they complain until they can get it replaced and aid getting it replace by roughing it up as much as possible in trying to get reverse swing at the same time. You can bet if it's reversing the requests to change the ball drop off.

I hadn't noticed how persistent they were about it until the last couple of tests. They almost need to be fined or something if it passes the rings test more than three times. That would put a stop to it.

Very suss. Like the time earlier in the series where the cameras were focusing in on the change over, they tested every ball in the box and none, yes none fitted through the rings as they were supposed to. But they selected one any way.
All in the spirit of the game... apparently.

I hadn't noticed how persistent they were about it until the last couple of tests. They almost need to be fined or something if it passes the rings test more than three times. That would put a stop to it.
I'd argue you can ask for a ring test like once and that's it

I'd argue you can ask for a ring test like once and that's it
Looking Around Star Trek GIF

I would not be surprised one little bit to see Broad play test cricket again.
Still a very good bowler.

Unlike his mate at the other end he doesn't need conditions in his favour to be world class either.

He was someone we loved to hate but most cricketers don't walk - if he wasn't English (or Indian probably) we'd forget it by the next test I reckon.

Fantastic bowler and ultimate competitor. There's a few more retirements coming in the next 18-24 months for both Australia and England - the next Ashes will really be missing a little something without these players tbh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource Non-AFL General Chat

Remove this Banner Ad

Back