Resource Non-AFL General Chat

Remove this Banner Ad

Hungry Jack's is the biggest embarrassment to fast food it's not even funny, I genuinely can't remember the last time I ever had a good meal there, would have to be before 2010.

it makes a lot of sense that they sponsor West Coast, s**t minds think alike.
The whoppers are always cold and just shit. Chips are nothing special too.

Don't mind a bacon deluxe but they're kinda small.

Very average, haven't been there in awhile now.

I’m honestly surprised people still flock to HJ/Maccas. The food can hardly be termed as such. I’ll take Alfred’s burgers any day over them junk places.
In saying that, Maccas fries is mighty good

I’m honestly surprised people still flock to HJ/Maccas. The food can hardly be termed as such. I’ll take Alfred’s burgers any day over them junk places.
Big fan of caveman bbq. The flustercluck is a favourite

But the cheesy Angus from maccas goes alright surprisingly.

The price is through the roof as well, I can pay like $3 more for a burger from a proper burger place down the road and it’s 50 times better

The price is through the roof as well, I can pay like $3 more for a burger from a proper burger place down the road and it’s 50 times better
The whole point of HJ's / maccas back in the day was it was comparatively cheap for something large and satisfying (at least while you ate it. maybe not 10 minutes after). Now a medium meal deal for your basic Whooper is like $14. Who is paying that when you can get an edible hot lunch for less elsewhere.

I now only eat it once every 2 or 3 years for sentimental reasons.

Potentially high cholesterol from eating Maccas and HJ's offerings (I can't bring myself to call it food) combined with the stress of supporting Freo is a potentially dangerous combination.

All jokes aside look at whole foods over ultra processed foods with respect to the brains hippocampus. The benefits of healthy eating is huge for not just physical but mental health.

All jokes aside look at whole foods over ultra processed foods with respect to the brains hippocampus. The benefits of healthy eating is huge for not just physical but mental health.

That and the correlation between good gut health and mental health (as well as general well-being)

There was once an Indian Chief with 3 wives. Each was given a hide to sit on. In the evening the 3 wives sat with the chief in their wigwam, but they caused him issues. The wife on the hippopotamus thought hers the superior one because of its rarity, the one on the buffalo hide considered herself to be more superior because the buffalo had big animal spirit and the one on the zebra thought it was she, because the zebra hide was so stylish.

The Chief quickly became bored with their petty squabbling and the notion that their usefulness and station in life was determined by whatever hide he had given them to sit on and so he called for the medicine man to decide the matter. The medicine man made it simple. Their usefulness and standing was to be decided by which ever squaw gave him a son.

As time passed both the wife on the zebra hide and the wife on the buffalo hide each produced a son. The pressure was on the wife who sat on the hippopotamus. She sweated on it, but lo, she in turn had twin boys. The medicine man was called to make his determination. Easy says he, "The sons of the squaw on the hippopotamus, are equal to the sons of the squaws on the other two hides."

I blame King Huski for this and his saying hippocampus which triggered me.

There was once an Indian Chief with 3 wives. Each was given a hide to sit on. In the evening the 3 wives sat with the chief in their wigwam, but they caused him issues. The wife on the hippopotamus thought hers the superior one because of its rarity, the one on the buffalo hide considered herself to be more superior because the buffalo had big animal spirit and the one on the zebra thought it was she, because the zebra hide was so stylish.

The Chief quickly became bored with their petty squabbling and the notion that their usefulness and station in life was determined by whatever hide he had given them to sit on and so he called for the medicine man to decide the matter. The medicine man made it simple. Their usefulness and standing was to be decided by which ever squaw gave him a son.

As time passed both the wife on the zebra hide and the wife on the buffalo hide each produced a son. The pressure was on the wife who sat on the hippopotamus. She sweated on it, but lo, she in turn had twin boys. The medicine man was called to make his determination. Easy says he, "The sons of the squaw on the hippopotamus, are equal to the sons of the squaws on the other two hides."

Don't blame me, blame science.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whole foods are great every day but I don’t mind having a greasy burger every once in a while. Speaking of good burgers, I highly suggest Christo’s in Landsdale, Balkan Burger Joint in Greenwood and the place next to 7/11 on Balcatta rd/Erindale rd intersection (I keep forgetting the name, it’s a tiny dog box place). Varsity and Patty Smiths aren’t too bad either

as a maths teacher & a dad joke afficionado, IFL that. kudos! :thumbsu:

Whole foods are great every day but I don’t mind having a greasy burger every once in a while. Speaking of good burgers, I highly suggest Christo’s in Landsdale, Balkan Burger Joint in Greenwood and the place next to 7/11 on Balcatta rd/Erindale rd intersection (I keep forgetting the name, it’s a tiny dog box place). Varsity and Patty Smiths aren’t too bad either
Compton Burgers are the best burgers I've had in Perth.

Mate You've got excellent knowledge of venues for someone who has a burger once in a blue moon...

Mate You've got excellent knowledge of venues for someone who has a burger once in a blue moon...
I didn’t say once in a blue moon, but on average I go out for a burger once every three weeks (basically when I’m home for my R&R after two weeks of mining camp food)

Do it you cowards.

220px-Westraliasecession3.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource Non-AFL General Chat

Remove this Banner Ad

Back