Resource Non-AFL General Chat

Remove this Banner Ad

Was lucky enough to meet warnie and get a photo with him when he did his book tour 5 years ago I reckon.

Warne was great and frustrating at the same time with his commentary he had his favourites and agendas with certain players that I didn't like.

He was better in the UK I think they kept more on a leash then what 9 did. And talking actual cricket tactics.

I remember he said KP told him he would never bowl him around his legs. So warnie saw that as a challenge.

And day 5 of Amazing Adelaide in 06 ashes he did it. If you watch the video of the wicket you will see warnie point to Michael Clarke saying I told you in reference to getting KP put around his legs.
That Adelaide test was insane. Everybody thought it was meandering towards a draw before Warney came on and did Warney things.

He lived rent-free in so many world-class batsmen’s heads for so long. I honestly think his legend will grow even more in time because there is zero chance we ever see a talent like that again in our lifetimes.

That Adelaide test was insane. Everybody thought it was meandering towards a draw before Warney came on and did Warney things.

He lived rent-free in so many world-class batsmen’s heads for so long. I honestly think his legend will grow even more in time because there is zero chance we ever see a talent like that again in our lifetimes.
Yeah I didn't appreciate how good he was.

Was born in 1994 so only caught the backend of his career which included a 12 month ban where he didn't a play.

And as a kid i was still unaware of the history and the mystery i suppose behind his greatness when he was bowling.

Probably similar to that side as well I just grew up watching Australia win everything and everywhere so it was just expected they win all the time. I am thankful I got to see that era 1999-2007 play. It what made me fall in love with the sport.

Yeah I didn't appreciate how good he was.

Was born in 1994 so only caught the backend of his career which included a 12 month ban where he didn't a play.

And as a kid i was still unaware of the history and the mystery i suppose behind his greatness when he was bowling.

Probably similar to that side as well I just grew up watching Australia win everything and everywhere so it was just expected they win all the time. I am thankful I got to see that era 1999-2007 play. It what made me fall in love with the sport.
I was born in 1983 which would be right in the sweet spot for having Warne as a childhood idol and a regular feature of summer growing up. Even now when I play backyard cricket with the family I’m chucking down leggies.

Here's a story from a bloke at my cricket club. He was involved with the WACA as a talented 16 year old and during a test match in Perth he was helping out.

Anyway Warnie sent him off for a pie, tomato sauce and a coke. So young fella runs off to get it. When he comes back a wicket or two had fallen and Warnie had gone out to bat.

Ricky Ponting sees the kid with the pie and asks if that was for Warnie. He follows by asking if Warnie paid for it. Anyway Ricky Ponting shakes his head and reimburses the young fella on warnies behalf.

Gold Coast Division 3 final today.

Surfers Paradise needed 5 off the last over with six wickets in hand to beat Mudgeeraba Nerang. Unfortunately for them the NM captain seems to be a death bowling Jedi. Check out the over he produced:

IMG_1983.jpeg

Lol excuses excuses

Can someone tell Nasser - Australia played in India in a 4 test series, Won the WTC final, Played an Away ashes series and now a World Cup campaign in the space of 10 months.

Australia have more test players in the world cup squad then England.

Yet here we are in the semis while your whinging mob are heading back to Heathrow airport.

Champion teams deal with it - this England side has won nothing except some moral victory with the mythical spirit of cricket of garbage.

Used to be a scientist so when the wife was interested in a infrared sauna which are gaining popularity atm, did a deep dive into the medical journals. My finding so far:
Brought this up as it's becoming more popular locally so wondering what peoples experiences were/are they using it, if you #didmyownresearch too AND some of the local football players/perthonalities are popping up in ads for some of them.

I'd hope Davies stays away from the ones using NIR #protectingourranger.

(and there's no footy on atm so bit bored)

Last edited:

Lol excuses excuses

Can someone tell Nasser - Australia played in India in a 4 test series, Won the WTC final, Played an Away ashes series and now a World Cup campaign in the space of 10 months.

Australia have more test players in the world cup squad then England.

Yet here we are in the semis while your whinging mob are heading back to Heathrow airport.

Champion teams deal with it - this England side has won nothing except some moral victory with the mythical spirit of cricket of garbage.

Surely there has to be some additional context to what he said that doesn't make it the dumbest shit anyone has every said anywhere on any topic since the invention of language?

Surely there has to be some additional context to what he said that doesn't make it the dumbest s**t anyone has every said anywhere on any topic since the invention of language?
Still remains as a super dumb excuse even with the full context of the interview.

Still remains as a super dumb excuse even with the full context of the interview.

Nasser's one of the brightest too. The whole thing's gone to shite. Oh joy!

Nasser's one of the brightest too. The whole thing's gone to shite. Oh joy!
BPdFy7zCcAAcDHt.jpg

Nasser as a cartoon vs Nasser in real life

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems like the rain may wash out both days to play this semi final.

It would be a shame really but what can you do.

We just weren't dominant enough during some of those wins to get the NRR higher then South Africa. Throw in the early game against South Africa where if we managed to even bat the 50 overs out and get to 260-270 instead of being flogged it may have got the NRR past South Africa. As ours would have gone up and there one down.

It would ruin the one big storyline the Cricket World Cup always has which is the Saffas always choking and still to Qualify for a World Cup Final. Getting there by default and not having to play and earn it would be dissapointing.

I would rather lose a 20/20 game tomorrow night if that is what is possible to complete the game then not play at all.

The
Seems like the rain may wash out both days to play this semi final.

It would be a shame really but what can you do.

We just weren't dominant enough during some of those wins to get the NRR higher then South Africa. Throw in the early game against South Africa where if we managed to even bat the 50 overs out and get to 260-270 instead of being flogged it may have got the NRR past South Africa. As ours would have gone up and there one down.

It would ruin the one big storyline the Cricket World Cup always has which is the Saffas always choking and still to Qualify for a World Cup Final. Getting there by default and not having to play and earn it would be dissapointing.

I would rather lose a 20/20 game tomorrow night if that is what is possible to complete the game then not play at all.
The forecast for tomorrow is not that bad at this point. There will certainly be some cricket. Worse case scenario is the second innings not reaching 20 overs and then the reserve day getting washed out (Friday forecast is worse but still not biblical).

1700022191983.png

Nassars reason leaves one bewildered. Does that mean that England played with themselves or worse still with Each..........?And I see that the Indians are once again laughing in the face of cricket world wide.The ICC are a helpless bunch of incompetents. But , isn't it headed by an Indian?

India are tempting fate with all this aggressive tampering in their teams favour. They never seem to learn. You can't safely cook a pitch tactically, only strategically. It's only going to bring the other team back into the game by exaggerating the importance of the toss.

I hope they serve up a used tired deck for the final, lose the toss concede 360 and get rolled. That'll teach 'em (it won't).

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource Non-AFL General Chat

Remove this Banner Ad

Back