Resource Non-AFL General Chat

Remove this Banner Ad

Seriously i cant believe it.

All of my sporting sides in domestic competitions around the world have won SFA since i have been. Fremantle, Parramatta, Miami Dolphins, Fulham.

Yet i have seen the Aussies win 5 x ODI WCs out of the 7 they have played in since i was basically a cricket fan at age of 5.

For me ODI WCs will always be the pinnacle of short form cricket ahead of any T20 competition around the world. Its the most relevant cricket we see every 4 year cycle.

Their wicket keeper was pretty awful. He let a lot of runs through.

That's what happens when you make a batsman double up as the keeper.

Remember Rishabh Pant? He had some swagger and wouldn't have folded so meekly with the bat. Was a pretty average keeper, but still would have been better than Rahul at both keeping and batting with some intent.

That's what happens when you make a batsman double up as the keeper.

Remember Rishabh Pant? He had some swagger and wouldn't have folded so meekly with the bat. Was a pretty average keeper, but still would have been better than Rahul at both keeping and batting with some intent.
Pant (a much better batter and keeper than the incumbent and, as you say, a player who seizes moments) was involved in a significant car accident, with a long recovery time. In retrospect, it weakened them enough to have cost them this World Cup. In fact, whereas India looked like an unbeatable dynasty a couple of years ago, now they are quite reliant on a few champions, Kohli, Sharma, Bumrah, whose very best cricket is behind them. We might be able to beat them in Oz next time and hold all the worthwhile trophies.

Pant (a much better batter and keeper than the incumbent and, as you say, a player who seizes moments) was involved in a significant car accident, with a long recovery time. In retrospect, it weakened them enough to have cost them this World Cup. In fact, whereas India looked like an unbeatable dynasty a couple of years ago, now they are quite reliant on a few champions, Kohli, Sharma, Bumrah, whose very best cricket is behind them. We might be able to beat them in Oz next time and hold all the worthwhile trophies.
Minus the moral ones

Aussie’s brought their A game at the right time thought they wouldn’t even make finals after those first couple of games

Great win

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The media after the first two games was always a massive overreaction as I said at the time.

We literally lost to the best team in the tournament and dropped another 50/50 game against quality opposition. It was never a disaster, just not ideal. Most of the remaining group stage games were either 50/50 or we were expected to win.

India despite being the best team most of the tournament looked vulnerable if you could limit the impact of their best 5-6 players. We could've beaten them in the opening game if we took our changes - New Zealand got close too. Like New Zealand in 2015 they didn't perform in the that matters most.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your right about Pant he is the forgotten man out of last night. He has tormented us a few times.

Hardik Pandyia going down as well meant they didn't have an genuine all-rounder.

Similar to 2019 for India there Top 3 in Rohit, Kohli, Gill/Dharwan in 2019 scored the bulk of the runs in the round robin stage it left the middle/late order batsman with not enough runs or being in good enough come finals time. They got exposed by NZ in 2019 and were 3/5 in the semi final chasing 239 and lost by 10 runs.

Unfortunately Rohit & Kohli love the glory when in reality they should have moved the batting order around especially that last Netherlands game and even if meant those 2 came in at 5/6 gave the bottom half a proper hit and sacrificed there own personal glory for 100s.

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource Non-AFL General Chat

Remove this Banner Ad

Back