No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enjoying the new commentator.

Can anyone explain the logic of the Saints playing Patty Ryder? Stifles Marshall’s best position (he’s been terrible today wasting away in the forward line) and not allowing Hayes to be the forward ruck weapon he has shown he’s capable of.

Ryder is a sunk investment. His only tool now is the tap out. Cannot do anything else around the ground.

Not sure they can sustain the intensity for a season.
Don't like to say it but think they have most of the pieces in place to be able to do that. The big question is the durability of Cripps and Curnow they would both leave big holes and ones that Carlton can't fill if they go down and both are injury prone

Richmond mids are either cooked or have big deficiencies.

Can't see them in the eight.
It’s both. Cotchin is cooked and Prestia is injured. Martin is out for different reasons but also isn’t the player he once was. They then rotate solid but lighter framed players in Edwards & Bolton who are better as half forwards and fill the gaps with average players.

If we’re half serious about this year, our midfield should absolutely demolish them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really can't figure out this year. Who's crap? Aside from North and probably West Coast I can't really pick anyone. Carlton, Collingwood, Hawthorn, Gold Coast even Essendon are all showing something. Maybe Richmond and Port are bottom 4 sides, but that doesn't sound right. There's really no easy win this year. I dunno.

I really can't figure out this year. Who's crap? Aside from North and probably West Coast I can't really pick anyone. Carlton, Collingwood, Hawthorn, Gold Coast even Essendon are all showing something. Maybe Richmond and Port are bottom 4 sides, but that doesn't sound right. There's really no easy win this year. I dunno.

North and WC are definitely bad, as you say. GC started the season ok but there was a bad smell about that GWS loss with junk time goals making it look better than it was. Wouldn’t be backing either Adelaide team at the moment either.

Pies and/or hawks could drop once we get into the grind of winter and depth is tested, not convinced by Freo or Richmond. Saints looked good this week but they’re wildly inconsistent.

Melbourne, Carlton and Brisbane stand outs so far, otherwise a middling bunch so maybe not many easy wins. Might take until rd 6-8 for things to flesh out.

North and WC are definitely bad, as you say. GC started the season ok but there was a bad smell about that GWS loss with junk time goals making it look better than it was. Wouldn’t be backing either Adelaide team at the moment either.

Pies and/or hawks could drop once we get into the grind of winter and depth is tested, not convinced by Freo or Richmond. Saints looked good this week but they’re wildly inconsistent.

Melbourne, Carlton and Brisbane stand outs so far, otherwise a middling bunch so maybe not many easy wins. Might take until rd 6-8 for things to flesh out.
And we have played all three of those teams early on, albeit one in a unusually fiercely contested practice match. This is why I still think that top four beckons. We may have an imbalanced list, but we have just too much quality in our team to have a significant downer of a season.

Gold Coast will become crap, they do it every year. Start well but can't maintain their output.

Port really looking pretty bad this year. Essendon too.

Anyone catch that snake Barrett in his AAA video yesterday? Discussing the Saints game he goes "and here they are getting away with a Bulldogs special" as they showed the saints player throw the ball.

He is a North supporter isn’t he? No wonder he is so bitter about life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back