No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just going to say it, I love the way Collingwood plays and hope they win the flag...

Sick Vomit GIF by CBS

That is my frustration. We are balls deep without being that on the surface, we’ve just left it too late where all of a sudden we need 10 players to go to the next level and stay there for the rest of the season.

You guys are very harsh. It was our lack of skill not effort that cost us against Collingwood and Port.

We were down and came back very strongly in the final quarter against both.

An appalling goal umpire decision cruelled us against Port.

Our players are trying and play for each other just as much as anybody else.

Kane Cornes, surprising nobody, has declared it a bad look for Murphy to get whacked in the jaw by Rioli.
It was a great insight into his modus operandi watching how little he was prepared to back up his opinion that Murphy took a dive when Lloyd pulled apart his argument. He was left visibly uncomfortable standing in front of the big screen and muttering something as he stood with his dick in his hand waiting for the train wreck of a segment to finish.

He's nothing but a troll. One better suited to Bigfooty than his prominent place in the media.

Would you prefer to play GWS coming off a win (six game win streak) or a loss?

I'd prefer to play them riding a six game win streak. Ending their win streak will help solidify ourselves as a top six team and it could be considered a minor scalp (I.e. defeating a top eight team, although slightly below us on the ladder).

I haven't seen any footage so I have no comment on the incident itself. But this makes me sad, particularly as there was a sense of inevitability about it.

I'm afraid racism in footy (and society at large) is never going to end. All the efforts to expunge it make little difference. They just force it underground. From Goodes to Jamarra to Rioli it comes back time and time again. The racist hate is always there in hiding, waiting for its cowardly opportunity.

I can only hope that on this occasion it was a very small number of idiots, unlike the thousands who repeatedly booed Goodes.

I haven't seen any footage so I have no comment on the incident itself. But this makes me sad, particularly as there was a sense of inevitability about it.

I'm afraid racism in footy (and society at large) is never going to end. All the efforts to expunge it make little difference. They just force it underground. From Goodes to Jamarra to Rioli it comes back time and time again. The racist hate is always there in hiding, waiting for its cowardly opportunity.

I can only hope that on this occasion it was a very small number of idiots, unlike the thousands who repeatedly booed Goodes.
When is that shit going to stop

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When is that s**t going to stop
The short answer is it won't.

Some people are wired differently and no amount of education will see it stop completely. Education on the topic has certainly had a positive impact on the way racism has been minimised, but there's absolutely zero chance it stops completely.

Giants smashing Suns and will go to the same points as us… next week becomes huge. I despise the Giants and would hate for them to be the reason we don’t make the 8

Giants smashing Suns and will go to the same points as us… next week becomes huge. I despise the Giants and would hate for them to be the reason we don’t make the 8
I think even Toby Greene's mum hates the Giants. I think the only team to blame for us not making finals is the red, white and blue team (as my favourite commentator would call us).
We had plenty of chances to make top four but are now fighting for the 8.

Yep. 6 v 7 with equal points stunning 8 results go as planned. Us just ahead on %.

Massive 8 point game next week. Giants had a huge last month or so.

I think even Toby Greene's mum hates the Giants. I think the only team to blame for us not making finals is the red, white and blue team (as my favourite commentator would call us).

Oh no I completely agree. Just saying it’d be even worse if a loss to the Giants would help them make the 8 and us lose our spot in the 8. Would be rubbing salt into the wounds.

Even Toby Greene's mum hates Tobe Greene!
Laughing Out Loud Lol GIF by Minions

What is your definition of throwing the sink at someone then?

We were paying Boyd a million dollars a season. If that's not the definition of throwing the sink at someone I don't know what is. I think GWS would cough up a late first rounder even though Griffen was gone anyway. GWS had a heap of first rounders and are very generous with their trades and were very keen on bringing mature players into the club. Griffen still had a contract and GWS needed to satisfy us with a deal.

Burgoyne and Lever are perhaps two other examples. Both were traded for two first rounders.
Throwing the sink is trading your assets. We were massively under the Salary Cap at the time and has been shown since that payment never put us under cap pressure

Good points on Burgoyne and Lever, 2 that have worked but they are rare. More likely free agents these days and the Hawks continued down that vein till it blew up on them

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back