No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it? Is it really? This team is about as reliable and trustworthy as a Datsun 120Y with 200k on the clock.
This team is absolutely capable of winning that game. Inconsistency is the issue, not that their best isn't good enough. I'm not saying we should start as favourites but losing is not fait accompli depending on which of the bipolar Bulldogs show up and for how long.

This team is absolutely capable of winning that game. Inconsistency is the issue, not that their best isn't good enough. I'm not saying we should start as favourites but losing is not fait accompli depending on which of the bipolar Bulldogs show up and for how long.

Maybe, but I've lost faith in this team in must win games. Just don't win them now.

There are teams where you know what you're going to get every week. Ours is one of those, but not in a good way.

If the Saints beat Geelong this week and the Cats have nothing to play for next week, then we can win that game. If the Cats need to win at home to make finals we're losing that game (as the other 16 clubs probably are too, tbf).

Our finals destiny will be shaped by what happens between 4.35pm and 10.30pm this Saturday - three games that matter to all involved. It'll be an interesting evening.

If the Saints beat Geelong this week and the Cats have nothing to play for next week, then we can win that game. If the Cats need to win at home to make finals we're losing that game (as the other 16 clubs probably are too, tbf).

Our finals destiny will be shaped by what happens between 4.35pm and 10.30pm this Saturday - three games that matter to all involved. It'll be an interesting evening.
Given the draw, we're still a very good chance to make it even if we lose to Geelong.

Beat West Coast but lose to Geelong, to miss out we'd need 3 of the following to occur (likely/unlikely based on current bookies odds for rounds 23 & 24):
  • Saints to beat Geelong or Brisbane: unlikely
  • The winner of Essendon vs GWS to win the following week (GWS vs Carlton, Essendon vs Collingwood): unlikely for both scenarios
  • Adelaide to beat Sydney and West Coast: likely
  • Sydney to beat Adelaide or Melbourne: unlikely
  • Geelong to beat Saints: likely

Of course given there are 7 key games (not involving the Bulldogs), you'd expect at least 1 upset in that mix. If all relevant current favourites win over the next 2 rounds, we finish 8th and play Carlton whilst Geelong host Adelaide.

St. Kilda beat Geelong at Docklands last year. I think they can do it again, also Melbourne is looking vulnerable and Sydney is hitting good form and could beat them at the SCG.

I know this might be a very long shot, but I am trying to get early access to buy tickets for the Geelong match, but my Home Membership barcode does not give me access to ticket sales. Would anyone have an extra Away Membership barcode they might not be using that they could pass on?

I know this might be a very long shot, but I am trying to get early access to buy tickets for the Geelong match, but my Home Membership barcode does not give me access to ticket sales. Would anyone have an extra Away Membership barcode they might not be using that they could pass on?
Are you some kind of crazy masochist?

Worst supporters, courtesy of being a one team town.

Followed up by some horrendous defending by Carpenter. That’ll haunt her forever.

The goalkeeper could have been quicker off her line one of those mix ups where someone needs to take charge

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gutted we lost. Kerr missed a good chance like 3 yards out. Aside from their first goal, the other two were because Carpenter didn't come up to the ball, and then just just poor defending in general for their third, nothing special. Those small things make a massive difference in a low scoring sport like this. Kerr gets that, or we didn't hand them two goals, then who knows?

Gutted more so, because I know we will never come this close again. Other countries, especially in Europe are starting to invest a bit into their teams, so they will start to dominate, and the USA will come back strong.

That being said, its been a good tournament. We went further than anyone anticipated. Heaps of people got behind the team. Still one more game to go. Hopefully they can finish on a high.

Just shows you how the Soccer World Cup shits all over any other international sporting event. Olympics are dead in the arse and all the other key national Australian sports are only played by 15 countries.

Gutted we lost. Kerr missed a good chance like 3 yards out. Aside from their first goal, the other two were because Carpenter didn't come up to the ball, and then just just poor defending in general for their third, nothing special. Those small things make a massive difference in a low scoring sport like this. Kerr gets that, or we didn't hand them two goals, then who knows?

Gutted more so, because I know we will never come this close again. Other countries, especially in Europe are starting to invest a bit into their teams, so they will start to dominate, and the USA will come back strong.

That being said, its been a good tournament. We went further than anyone anticipated. Heaps of people got behind the team. Still one more game to go. Hopefully they can finish on a high.
This will promote the game in Australia.

Wouldn't say we won't get this close again at all. Believe we certainly can.

Australia were just a few per cent off that peak performance against France. They didn't stick their passes. Their final touches were consistently heavy. Their clearances were random while England's clearances nearly always went straight to a blue shirt. They seemed a bit put off by England's "muscular" approach in the first half (which was obviously Wiegard's intent). They also seemed either a bit nervous - how could you not be affected by the massive media build-up - or maybe they were just spent. Meanwhile England were well-drilled, business like in the midfield and clinical in their finishing. I reckon that epic against France (which has already entered folklore) took a fair bit out of the Matildas.

They've performed though. Possibly even over-performed against pre-cup expectations.

Right now they are the team everyone will want to emulate out of any of our nations's sporting teams. A great result for women's soccer and women's sport generally. Soccer may not be the best game in the world but the Football World Cup is still the one that the whole world watches and everyone wants to win. We're up there with the very best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back