No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carpenters attempted cross at the back end of the first half was one of the worst kicks i’ve ever seen.

It’s probably unfair to single out one player, but she had a particularly poor game. That ball should have been pulled back across the six yard line, floating to the back post is much lower percentage. Then she was completely at fault for the second goal, that ball should be cleared for a throw in or corner at worst.

The Matildas have had a great tournament, but England were coached much better tonight (taking Foord and Fowler out of the game stifled what creativity the Aussies had), and they executed significantly better. They should be favourites for the final.

I'll be barracking for Spain.
Same, English media and teams do a lot of trash talking, are are full of themselves. A little lesson in humility is good.

Plus they were one of the teams that voted against Australia and New Zealand hosting the World Cup.

Carpenters attempted cross at the back end of the first half was one of the worst kicks i’ve ever seen.

She had acres of space , she should have taken the extra touch and gone on.

Too many extra touches in whole by the Matildas. In a game where they ceded possession to England, the Matildas won the ball in the final third only to play it back and reset . You saw what the quick through ball to Sam Kerr did . There’s no harm in playing the high ball over the top when you have Kerr and Fowler up front . It can look ugly when it doesn’t come off but it was probably the best route to scoring .

England were overall the better team, got away with a bit with the ref however we deserved winners. Some really poor defending for each of their goals

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

England were deserved winners. They played far better and are a better team. What helps that is the fact they play a lot more international games together than what the Matilda’s do, being located in Europe. They’d train together a lot more also. They looked really well drilled and more skilled.

Saying that, I reckon we had the better chances throughout the game. Kerr’s close miss and the header she just needed to get a side glance on the main ones.

We had 3 genuine chances that should’ve been in the back of the net within 2min of each other just before they got their 3rd.
Feel like it could’ve easily been 3-2 or even 3-1 our way without some of the brain fart moments and poor finishing.

I would’ve probably preferred to get beaten comfortably than the game to play out like that with several what if’s.

Huge effort by them anyway. Surely all involved would’ve been really happy with a Semi final if asked pre tournament.

England were deserved winners. They played far better and are a better team. What helps that is the fact they play a lot more international games together than what the Matilda’s do, being located in Europe. They’d train together a lot more also. They looked really well drilled and more skilled.

Saying that, I reckon we had the better chances throughout the game. Kerr’s close miss and the header she just needed to get a side glance on the main ones.

We had 3 genuine chances that should’ve been in the back of the net within 2min of each other just before they got their 3rd.
Feel like it could’ve easily been 3-2 or even 3-1 our way without some of the brain fart moments and poor finishing.

I would’ve probably preferred to get beaten comfortably than the game to play out like that with several what if’s.

Huge effort by them anyway. Surely all involved would’ve been really happy with a Semi final if asked pre tournament.

We made the semis with our best player barely even playing.

Imagine if she’d been fully fit.

Who knows.

Great effort and great tournament and the Matildas and the game will be all the better for it.

Very keen for the footy this weekend. Saturday is basically a day of finals football. Blues away to the Suns, most would tip the Blues, but the Suns are capable of an upset. GWS vs Ess and Ade vs Sydney. All teams around the fringes of the top 8. Another game a like, but big implications for us, is the Saints vs Cats game. If Saints get the upset, Geelong cannot make the finals at all. Given Bombers and GWS play each other, and we should beat the Eagles.

We will need a big win this week to ensure our percentage could keep us in the eight should we lose to the Cats the week after.

Very keen for the footy this weekend. Saturday is basically a day of finals football. Blues away to the Suns, most would tip the Blues, but the Suns are capable of an upset. GWS vs Ess and Ade vs Sydney. All teams around the fringes of the top 8. Another game a like, but big implications for us, is the Saints vs Cats game. If Saints get the upset, Geelong cannot make the finals at all. Given Bombers and GWS play each other, and we should beat the Eagles.

We will need a big win this week to ensure our percentage could keep us in the eight should we lose to the Cats the week after.
I’ll be going for all the roughies. I’m so far last in my comp I’m throwing caution and logic to the winds!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The standard of umpiring is absolute trash.

McCarthy flies on his own, takes the mark with control. Smacked out of his hands by one opponent and smacked in the face by another going back with the flight, no whistle. Mark or free kick 8 days of the week and there was no whistle.

Cameron picked the loose ball up & goaled for those not watching, then was asking the umpire WTF as well. If they can’t see the most obvious, I wonder why they call anything at all

Really dont want port Brisbane or Melbourne to win

Hope pies can do it

Pies are playing nowhere near the level they were for most of the season. This is just another super open year that we’ve shat the bed in

Moving a 33 year old injury ravaged Jeremy Howe to an effective forward role after years as a back - that’s a great coaching move .

Remember when we had a coach who did that ?

I can’t decide whether Melbourne and Port are laughing at this because they know two teams that are this shitty defensively won’t stand up in September, or they’re shitting themselves because they can’t be this potent offensively.

Or Carlton look at them and see they’re all fundamentally flawed teams and decide they’re going to do a Bulldogs 2016 impression…..

Lions average 55 points from turnovers this season, already matched that half way through the third. Pies seem to be running out of puff, and are not as clean as they usually are. They will be keen as for the bye week.

Could lose their third game from the last 5 tonight shall the Lions prevail, with the two wins being 2 and 8 point wins. Two kicks away from being 0-5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back