No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

• Carlton lose tonight: "they'll be angry after a loss, they'll thump us"
  • Carlton win tonight: "they're in ominous form, they've won 7 of the last 8 with the only loss to Sydney, they'll thump us"
Both of these can be true.

Similarly …

Dogs got smashed today. They are stuffed. We’ll beat them by 100 points.

OR

Dogs came from behind to beat Port today. They have won three in a row and are due for their usual regular shocker. We’ll beat them by 100 points.

Both of these can be true.

Similarly …

Dogs got smashed today. They are stuffed. We’ll beat them by 100 points.

OR

Dogs came from behind to beat Port today. They have won three in a row and are due for their usual regular shocker. We’ll beat them by 100 points.

See the same with the bye. When we come off it we're rusty, when the other team is coming off a bye they're fresh.

So I think what we're all basically saying is we're as unreliable and untrustworthy as a Datsun 120Y and that either way we just find ways to lose and make crap teams look like world beaters.

So I think what we're all basically saying is we're as unreliable and untrustworthy as a Datsun 120Y and that either way we just find ways to lose and make crap teams look like world beaters.
Leave the Datto alone….ill give you smoke blowing Camira

A petracca led Melbourne got comfortably beaten by West Coast not long ago
7 weeks ago when they were actually pushing teams especially at their hole in Perth.

Melbourne have been a rabble the last month and even they won’t sink to a fatigued Eagles side at home. If we had the form Melbourne have had recently, we wouldn’t be winning this.

7 weeks ago when they were actually pushing teams especially at their hole in Perth.

Melbourne have been a rabble the last month and even they won’t sink to a fatigued Eagles side at home. If we had the form Melbourne have had recently, we wouldn’t be winning this.
So you're making excuses for Melbourne now. Cool.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really wish we went for Liam Henry. Saints got him for basically just a second rounder which is looking great for them. He would be perfect for one of our wings

The last month... you made an excuse for their Perth performance because West Coast were "playing well" back then... who cares, they were expected to win easily and got soundly beaten with a full side
That wasn’t an excuse, that was me saying west coasts form has dropped off significantly since then. They are bottom 6, but they were even giving Sydney some trouble in the early days.

In what world do Saints beat Sydney. This year is madness.
Hope we get our act together. Premiership is wide open.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Dogs are done for the year really. Needed to beat Port and did not show up
I don't agree. Well not quite yet anyway.

I know it was a classic 8 point game but we were doing all our earnest predictions of making the finals on the basis of winning 5 of the last 8.

We lost the first of those 8 and our percentage took an unfortunate hit but it's still better than most of the other contenders around us (those that haven't had a draw).

So the requirement is now 5 wins out of 7. Harder, yes. But definitely not impossible for this Jekyll and Hyde team. Only a week ago we were being talked about as being third in the AFL power rankings. If we play up to that form for the remaining rounds (a huge if!) we will make the finals.

What's going to make it hard is the current injury toll, especially in defence, an area where we were flaky already.

We have four particularly hard games coming up and due to injuries/concussions I'm almost ready to concede against Carlton in the first of them.

We should have a pretty clear idea in 2-3 weeks whether we are still in the race or not.

I know it was a classic 8 point game but we were doing all our earnest predictions of making the finals on the basis of winning 5 of the last 8.

We lost the first of those 8 and our percentage took an unfortunate hit but it's still better than most of the other contenders around us (those that haven't had a draw).

So the requirement is now 5 wins out of 7. Harder, yes. But definitely not impossible for this Jekyll and Hyde team. Only a week ago we were being talked about as being third in the AFL power rankings. If we play up to that form for the remaining rounds (a huge if!) we will make the finals.

What's going to make it hard is the current injury toll, especially in defence, an area where we were flaky already.

We have four particularly hard games coming up and due to injuries/concussions I'm almost ready to concede against Carlton in the first of them.

We should have a pretty clear idea in 2-3 weeks whether we are still in the race or not.

Pessimistic I know, but I have our chances of winning an 8 point game in Geelong as far worse than what they were away against Port. They tried to lose last season and still almost beat us.

Pessimistic I know, but I have our chances of winning an 8 point game in Geelong as far worse than what they were away against Port. They tried to lose last season and still almost beat us.
Anything to do with GMHBA is pessimism well founded. :(

It’s not like we fought it out and just got pipped. We literally couldn’t get anywhere near the ball in the first half. We’ve seen the team turn in a few of these performances this season. As soon as we get a couple of injuries the whole balance of the team falls off its axis. Then there’s a struggle to get back on track. I have very little confidence of success in upcoming games and dearly wish to be wrong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back