Opinion Non-Crows AFL 10

Who will win a final first?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't Tredrea calling for Ken's head last season, prior to being on the board?

Who did they think they were appointing? Did they think the guy on the radio was a different Warren Tredrea to the one who played for them?
They thought they could muzzle him

It usually works. All our Member reps rolled over like 6 week old puppies

So Port's CEO phoned 5AA after Tredrea agreed with a caller teeing off on Hinkley.

It really has gone nuclear over there.

They'll probably win three of their next four and Ken will be safe again though.

I am one of the few that think Port can win at least 5 of their last 9. That probably won't get them in but could go close.

I think they will beat the Saints, Melbourne, Fremantle, Adelaide and Richmond.

Lose to Sydney, Bulldogs and Carlton and the Suns.

There are alot of average teams this year and each team in the middle of the table go through up and down.

If Carr does take over, I wonder if he would try to rebuild?

If the Butters rumours are true, you'd think he would attract heavy interest - with him still having two years on his contract, that would likely be a first and a second rounder at minimum - and a primary midfield trifecta of Rozee/JHF/Drew would still be more than sufficient.

If they can shift a couple of their mediocre players, or trade a tall to a team who needs key position players (like North, or maybe Hawthorn), then they could get at least one more second rounder in.

One first and three seconds is a decent haul, and they could potentially flip 2-3 of the seconds to get another first rounder. Obviously the Butters thing is a massive if, but there's potential to explore for them here.
What Butters rumour?

I am one of the few that think Port can win at least 5 of their last 9. That probably won't get them in but could go close.

There are alot of average teams this year and each team in the middle of the table go through up and down.
I did the predictor this morning. I had Port 8th. We finished 14th.

Yep it’s all about appearances and getting wins off the field for Port since Koch took over.

Remember they even took that guy from reality show, The Recruit. You think they thought he could play or thought it would get them some good press and strengthen their ties with Fox Footy?

They added the Chinese player to their list for good media, he was never going to play a game.

Firing Ken earlier, like back when the supporters first went from Yes We Ken to No We Kent would have looked like a failure.

We were failing. Everything they did looked good in comparison, and with former 5AA and mate of Rowey, Keith Thomas in charge they got no pressure from AA, Koch with 7, Cos Cardone, 9/Jam TV, they opened themselves up to Fox Footy, full access and that stupid reading of the creed on 360 and they sold all of their in game advertising to SEN to on sell, so the better Port came across, the more Hutchy could sell the signage for.

I think the year we moved to AO Port spent an extra million dollars on marketing than us.

It was strategic and smart but I think they got used to being average. They remember what the Primus years were like. Being a good chance to make the 8 three quarters into a season is profitable. Getting off field wins and being the March premier is profitable. They get to survive.

Have Port overtaken the Crows?”, they loved it.

Ken’s been a safe option, there’s no guarantee they get a spike or a bump from the next guy.

Look at their crowd on the weekend, the early exit, the boos, anyone think they’d survive another prolonged period well outside the 8? The rats would abandon that ship so fast.
Remember when the Fat Controller Chris Davies described us as having 'professional jealousy'?

That comment was as deluded as what Trigg said about Port all those years ago (I cant quite recall the exact words but it was cringeworthy)....

They’d have every right to ask for 2+ firsts for butters and they’d get it easy.
It would be a smart move. They wouldn't lose much in terms of overall midfield quality.

JHF/Drew/Wines/Rozee/Houston is a very good midfield.

But have potential to draft in elite bookends.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Both SA clubs have significant list issues. They just have more class in the midfield, but even that's been curtailed now that Butters is being tagged and is sniping out of frustration with Rozee also having an injury-interrupted year.
I've been thinking about other sides and how they will deal with Rozee;Butters and JHF going forward.

Reckon they will get more attention and thus they're influence on games will be significantly diminished. Doubt they will handle to extra attention as Butters has already shown he is a flog when closely tagged and JHF drops has a tendency to drop his bottom lip.

As good as they are, they aren't Voss; Black and Akermanis.

Great time for Tim Ginever to have off. Warren is supposed to be there all week. I wonder if he even makes it to tonight’s show. Port would be doing everything to keep him quiet.

What night is Caro on, that should be interesting.
Were is Kochhead? Has he done any media since Saturday?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've been thinking about other sides and how they will deal with Rozee;Butters and JHF going forward.

Reckon they will get more attention and thus they're influence on games will be significantly diminished. Doubt they will handle to extra attention as Butters has already shown he is a flog when closely tagged and JHF drops has a tendency to drop his bottom lip.

As good as they are, they aren't Voss; Black and Akermanis.

Might depend on the midfield mix but I think Rozee is looking more like a forward than a midfielder.

Nah we've got them covered

So Port's CEO phoned 5AA after Tredrea agreed with a caller teeing off on Hinkley.

It really has gone nuclear over there.

They'll probably win three of their next four and Ken will be safe again though.

What??

So Ports CEO listens to 5AA, didn't like what he heard so he called in.

Rowe "On the line we have Mathew from Alberton"

Richardson "Hi Rowie, it's Matt here, can I have a word with Tredders please'.

Surely this didn't happen, I'd hope our CEO doesn't waste his time listening to 5AA, mind you he's not doing anything else that's constructive.

So Caro says Port are reneging on the Carr succession plan after telling him not to apply for the Richmond job, maybe he actually has been coaching all along.

As the Senior Assistant he is surely running gameday from the box.

It will be interesting if they say they will do a search but he ends up with the job anyway. Almost looks worse than not doing a search.

Remember when the Fat Controller Chris Davies described us as having 'professional jealousy'?

That comment was as deluded as what Trigg said about Port all those years ago (I cant quite recall the exact words but it was cringeworthy)....

He said they were devaluing the value of AFL football within the state or something.

I just looked it up and I think he was basically just saying you want two strong teams because then it creates demand for both teams.

But it was definitely timed and reported as a kicking them when they are down thing.

He said they were devaluing the value of AFL football within the state or something.

I just looked it up and I think he was basically just saying you want two strong teams because then it creates demand for both teams.

But it was definitely timed and reported as a kicking them when they are down thing.
Yep, rings a bell now.

Powa supporters took it the wrong way if I recall....

Do Port fans still believe the media is strongly anti-Port and pro-Crows?

The defense of Hinkley over the last few years has been astonishing protection for the Port boys club. Surely they don't still think the media is offside
Yes they do. They still call 5AA, 5 double crow.

They have their own thread on their board - 'Media Shakes Head' Makes interesting reading.

They conveniently forget that they had Rucci in their pocket for years. The chief football writer of the only daily newspaper who was a card carrying member of the PAFC and made it known of his dislike of our club.

Who could forget the subtle swipes he used to take at us....some justified but a lot were not.

I think it was Rucci that kept his mouth shut with Brett Ebert but couldn't wait to open his big fat trap with Bryce Gibbs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back