Opinion Non-Crows AFL 10

Who will win a final first?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

He needs to. The list is garbage. Port have a disaster on their hands due to throwing all their eggs in the missing pieces trade basket. They got so convinced it was the right path they traded in C grade fringe hacks. They have only had 1 first and 2nd round pick in 4 years. They have the best midfield by far but this was a make or break year for them as it was always going to be a one shot and list rebuild. It woudn't surprise me in the least that there is a secret plan B with that list if they didn't succeed this year and thats rebuild. They dont even have draft picks this year lol. They sold them all.

Port need a dire rebuild. I dont think they will play finals for the next decade. Our list is bad but its 10x better than the trash fire awaiting the next coach at Alberton.
That would be awkward given Koch has been potting us for the last 5 years saying good clubs dont rebuild

That would be awkward given Koch has been potting us for the last 5 years saying good clubs dont rebuild

The club has no choice. All their depth other than Sinn, is made up of 3rd, 4th, 5th round and worse draft picks. The draft is used as an equalisation measure for a reason. Port over achieved in several seasons with minimal injuries meaning they escaped having their depth tested. So not only is there depth filled with the back end of the draft, it is filled with the back end talent for each round.

As the Senior Assistant he is surely running gameday from the box.

It will be interesting if they say they will do a search but he ends up with the job anyway. Almost looks worse than not doing a search.
That is 100% what will happen.

They cant afford top level coaches, and who is coming here when they can coach in Vic?

Do Port fans still believe the media is strongly anti-Port and pro-Crows?

The defense of Hinkley over the last few years has been astonishing protection for the Port boys club. Surely they don't still think the media is offside
It is strongly pro Port and neutral to negative about us these days

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep. Can see his fist pumping overhyped antics already.
Lock it in.

giphy.gif

I'm considering tipping St Kilda
Its a double plus for us if St Kilda win - it puts them 1.5 games clear of us in 5th bottom assuming we don't beat GWS. That top 4 pick will be very very handy with some quality mids right at the top end this year. 1 of Jagga Smith or Draper should be there you would think at pick 4 with Smillie and FOS looking like picks 1 & 2

There’s no doubt he’s gone, but if I was Carr I’d turn it down. He’s had enough influence there to have had a say in their decline and as the head coach he will have to own it.

You can’t turn down rare opportunities that might never come again

Coaches don’t win jobs on merit, they get them by a confluence of factors, capturing lightning in a bottle at a single moment in time

If the tea leaves point your way, you gotta grab it whilst you can

In terms of the challenges of taking that job, I completely agree. It’s not a great situation for him, but it is what it is

The club has no choice. All their depth other than Sinn, is made up of 3rd, 4th, 5th round and worse draft picks. The draft is used as an equalisation measure for a reason. Port over achieved in several seasons with minimal injuries meaning they escaped having their depth tested. So not only is there depth filled with the back end of the draft, it is filled with the back end talent for each round.

Port have paid some big prices lately

Pick 16, Ladhams and their 2022 2nd rounder for Pick 12 to get Josh Sinn.

Two first rounders and their 2023 2nd and 3rd round picks for JHF and Rioli

Traded this year's 1st rounder and Duursma for a bag of spuds.

Along with this they let Amon walk to free up cap space.

Trading out so many picks has put their list in bad shape with zero depth and no one really coming through.

Clubs will say they don't believe in rebuilds until they are left with no choice but to rebuild

A club as strong as Richmond, with people like Gale and O'Neill in charge, found themselves in need of a rebuild. This is one of the most famous clubs in Melbourne which would have no problem attracting players and staff to work for them, something Port does not have in its favour. If Richmond as a club find themselves needing a rebuild, then it can happen to any club. It will happen to Geelong at some point as well.

Port will beat St Kilda and it will again be a Ken masterclass sticking it up the haters. Nothing more certain.
Will he wear his head phones this week? And plug them in?

I always assumed they were a prop

So Caro says Port are reneging on the Carr succession plan after telling him not to apply for the Richmond job, maybe he actually has been coaching all along.
And now Barrett spruiking port go after Buckley when/if Hinkley goes.

Should we dump Nicks I guarantee it'll be just after Port dump Hinkley, and because of the timing we don't get a crack at Buckley... who we should be pursuing with ears pinned back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back