Opinion Non-Crows AFL 4: The Centre Cannot Hold

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
“Can someone explain to me why we can't take back our zones, have a reserves side and develop our own kids?

I'd rather watch that than AFL.”

Either they don’t know much about their club or just dirt stupid.

Lock in "C" Eddie, they dont know much about their club AND they are dirt stupid.

They have a tendency to start well, but completely fall away.

That might change and I hope it does, I'm just not convinced yet.

West Coast and Hawthorn will be down there with us too more than likely.

Still reckon Eagles will get a few wins in the back half of the year. Just looked at Hawks draw, on current form (4 games in LOL) they've got quite a few winnable games later in the year. Could push for finals if they snatch a couple against the odds over the next couple of months. Port need to get moving, last chance tomorrow, which is why I think they'll be right in it. But if they go 0-5 with a drubbing, they could drop the bundle.

Also, North are...... Utterly putrid

I agree, overall I think the standard of the overall comp has gone down a bit, maybe stayed the same but not improving every year like it used to.

There has always been good and bad teams but now a days with professional football it feels like teams shouldn't be this bad. I acknowledge we have been just as poor at times.

Last edited:
The official reason was to not compete with the Victorian's Good Friday Appeal wasn't it?

And yes, it's a good cause, but we couldn't possibly have a game on here, or WA, or QLD or NSW or anywhere else?

Imagine we started a Queens Birthday appeal here in SA in June or an Easter Monday telethon or something.

The AFL aren't calling off all football on that day across Australia just so us South Australians aren't tempted to watch the football instead of a telethon.
I like my footy as much as anyone on here.
The AFL however, would not try to compete in any way with a SIGNIFICANT fundraiser for a children's hospital. Extremely bad PR if they tried.

Outside of Victoria, it might be a different story but here in Victoria, given it being good Friday and a long established and hugely respected fundraiser, only bad outcomes will result for the AFL if they try to compete.

Question... What is your local good Friday TV? Do you have a local telethon or something else that would cause similar "competing against a good cause" issues?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like my footy as much as anyone on here.
The AFL however, would not try to compete in any way with a SIGNIFICANT fundraiser for a children's hospital. Extremely bad PR if they tried.

Outside of Victoria, it might be a different story but here in Victoria, given it being good Friday and a long established and hugely respected fundraiser, only bad outcomes will result for the AFL if they try to compete.

Question... What is your local good Friday TV? Do you have a local telethon or something else that would cause similar "competing against a good cause" issues?

Not in SA

We used to have an Easter telethon IIRC but that was many years ago. No other competition for people but it’s taken a while to make the decision to play on Good Friday

Not in SA

We used to have an Easter telethon IIRC but that was many years ago. No other competition for people but it’s taken a while to make the decision to play on Good Friday
I think a good Friday showdown could work as a night game.
However, I've always wanted ANZAC day to host one of our two showdowns. And lock it in each year...

How much do we offer Touk Miller?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back