Opinion Non-Crows AFL 4: The Centre Cannot Hold

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don't how the fat prick got any kind of fame or media profile, but christ is he annoying. There's a good Italian restaurant on Magill Road that uses him in their advertising, and of course it's him with his mouth open pulling a dumb face pointing at a plate of pasta. Every single f*** photo or clip I see of this C* he is pulling a silly face. I'm glad he's stuck on that shite station SAFM who hopefully coming last in the ratings - I can't imagine that anyone except fat soccer mums still stuck in the 80s listen to that station
Oh man so glad someone else noticed this. Every time you see his fat mug in the social pages he’s next to 1 or 2 other people looking normal and he’s pulling a stupid look.

Oh man so glad someone else noticed this. Every time you see his fat mug in the social pages he’s next to 1 or 2 other people looking normal and he’s pulling a stupid look.

To be honest, I never gave him a second thought until I finished reading that reddit page about him that someone posted earlier. I doubt whether all the allegations about his dick behaviour is true, but it has just reminded me about his jolly fat man face

Flashback to when Richmond rested Martin against Port few years back, despite him not missing a match in years.

However if it means ‘Brilliant Mind’ Ken is around for longer I’m happy ;)
Actually, come to think of it, I do remember that 2019 game when Richmond had half of their best 22 out and still managed to scrape a win at AO against them. Fingers crossed for a similar game here.

Actually, come to think of it, I do remember that 2019 game when Richmond had half of their best 22 out and still managed to scrape a win at AO against them. Fingers crossed for a similar game here.
Yep, I was referencing 2018 though. Port won that time.
They got lucky enough to play Richmond without Martin again the next year in 2019 (due to suspension) but still lost, like you said. One of my favourite Power failures lol.

Should run a book on what tall Port will take off fir "calf soreness" this week to allow a running player on at 3/4 time.

My tip is Marshall this week.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app
I don’t blame port that we are dumb enough not to use this wisely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port by plenty tomorrow night, and I suspect they'll start to get a bit of a run on. That's a very weak Dogs team.
Port have solid form of winning meaningless H&A games and building them to be like finals.

We know the reality when and if they hit September.

Should run a book on what tall Port will take off fir "calf soreness" this week to allow a running player on at 3/4 time.

My tip is Marshall this week.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Can someone with more spare time than me list their “injured” players and times they were subbed. Does seem to always be at 3/4 time and a tall being replaced for speed.

It's another rule that clubs are taking advantage of. Initially the injured player was meant to be proven by a medic, but that doesn't seem to happen.

If they wanted to have it as a genuine sub rule then the player going off 'injured' should automatically miss the next game.

Can someone with more spare time than me list their “injured” players and times they were subbed. Does seem to always be at 3/4 time and a tall being replaced for speed.

Frederick came on against us and kicked a goal.

I see Georgiadis selected for Port this week.

That makes 4 times out of 7 games port have abused the rule. Way more than any other club.

I blame the AFL for another half-arsed failure of a policy.

The policy should simply be that if a player is subbed out, he doesn't play next week, regardless of how he pulls up from that injury. Simples.

It's another rule that clubs are taking advantage of. Initially the injured player was meant to be proven by a medic, but that doesn't seem to happen.

If they wanted to have it as a genuine sub rule then the player going off 'injured' should automatically miss the next game.
Yep!

beat me to it.

A lot of truth in this.

Bottom line is the AFL introduced yet another half thought through plan. About 60 minutes in to the first game, the plan went out the window and it became a 'sub whenever you want' rule. They basically reintroduced the previously hated sub rule. Because they are morons.

Port have just bent the rules more than anyone else. They aren't even pretending anymore. The AFL though has absolutely nothing they can do about it. Can't blame Port for taking up the AFL's offer to completely disregard the purpose of the sub.

I said that the week it was introduced. If it was meant to be a concussion sub, then having the next week off made sense.
Now that it is a 'whatever you want' sub, then making it clear the player misses the next week, solves the problem of the sub rule being abused. Clubs will think very carefully before doing it.

If we are still worried about an early injury unfairly impacting a teams chances, then, rather than a sub, make the number of interchanges 40. There won't be even close to the same impact then. 10 per quarter is enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back