Opinion Non-Crows AFL 4: The Centre Cannot Hold

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Expect Port to bend rules further (if they can get away with it) if Hayes gets injured before Lycett comes back, they’ll jump on the Covid supplementary list asap and demand to use Brooksby or another SANFL ruckman.

Expect Port to bend rules further (if they can get away with it) if Hayes gets injured before Lycett comes back, they’ll jump on the Covid supplementary list asap and demand to use Brooksby or another SANFL ruckman.
I could 100% see this happening. And the AFL approving it.

That makes 4 times out of 7 games port have abused the rule. Way more than any other club.

I blame the AFL for another half-arsed failure of a policy.

The policy should simply be that if a player is subbed out, he doesn't play next week, regardless of how he pulls up from that injury. Simples.
Just **** the sub off.
Either go with 4 on the bench or increase to 5.
Stops all this other bullshit.

Last edited:
Can someone with more spare time than me list their “injured” players and times they were subbed. Does seem to always be at 3/4 time and a tall being replaced for speed.
I though this was at least a starting point to the discussion, but it's a "nothing to see here" piece.

Overall, in 14 of the 63 cases (22%), the Dr got the diagnosis "wrong", thinking they would miss but they didn't. However, that doesn't take into account the mandatory missed week for concussion.

By my count using the match reports on afl.com.au, there were 9 concussions and 8 subs due to this (taking into account the Swans has 2 in one game, sonly 1 was subbed out).

Thus, in 14 of 55 cases (25%), the player played the following week, and that doesn't include obvious, season ending injuries such as Sloane, etc.

If you eliminate those too, you are probably getting closer to 30-40% of the time the player comes back the following week, enough evidence there's a problem with the rule.

This article has some more transparent stats

Just have a mandatory week off if a player is injured. Watch the subs drop.
No need. Just scrap the sub.
A team that gets an injury then gets the advantage of a fresh player. So it’s got the opposite affect of what it was brought in for.

That makes 4 times out of 7 games port have abused the rule. Way more than any other club.

I blame the AFL for another half-arsed failure of a policy.

The policy should simply be that if a player is subbed out, he doesn't play next week, regardless of how he pulls up from that injury. Simples.
Maybe their doctors are just less optimistic about the recovery powers of their players.

With North next week.

Meh, we know they're not winning a flag... Let them finish 8th
And if we want to see the BF Port board in meltdown, that's exactly what we want. Finish 8th, lose EF, Ken stays for 2023. Or even gets an extension.

Heck, half of them are hoping for a big loss tonight.

I know it's a bit lame to say "at least we're not Port", but - at least we're not Port :)

And if we want to see the BF Port board in meltdown, that's exactly what we want. Finish 8th, lose EF, Ken stays for 2023. Or even gets an extension.

Heck, half of them are hoping for a big loss tonight.

I know it's a bit lame to say "at least we're not Port", but - at least we're not Port :)

Port with their current squad, its perfect for them to get as low as possible 1st rounder too.

Port making the 8, will lock in Ken for 2023, even though he is contracted, Port will consider this an achievement and stick with him.

With North next week.

Meh, we know they're not winning a flag... Let them finish 8th
The funny thing will be seeing Kornes, Rucci etc come out and say this atones for last year's prelim final.

The sack Hinkley crowd will go apeshit lol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The funny thing will be seeing Kornes, Rucci etc come out and say this atones for last year's prelim final.

The sack Hinkley crowd will go apeshit lol.
This has to be good right? Port sneaking into the 8 or finishing 9th is great, won't win the Premiership get a shit draft pick that they'll probably sell it for another missing piece

This has to be good right? Port sneaking into the 8 or finishing 9th is great, won't win the Premiership get a shit draft pick that they'll probably sell it for another missing piece

Yep, and other clubs such as GWS will get first dibs on any available coaches.

excellent, dont have to wait as long for this season
Yes, well the season has already been completed and technically could have been played this month. Its good that there is a shorter wait.

Maybe the next season s6 might be released in May 2023.

@deaneus was a fan of this show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back