Opinion Non-Crows AFL 5: Save Ken

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny story just heard on AA with Lethal Leigh. Apparently Noble has come out today and stated that the coaching group had a great day on the day he sprayed the playing group. So 100% of the blame is the playing group, wonder where I've heard that before. If I didn't know better, you'd think that Noble was a big part of our club culture for years and years. Obviously this isn't the case though.
He did his best work at the Lions away from the playing group.

Funny story just heard on AA with Lethal Leigh. Apparently Noble has come out today and stated that the coaching group had a great day on the day he sprayed the playing group. So 100% of the blame is the playing group, wonder where I've heard that before. If I didn't know better, you'd think that Noble was a big part of our club culture for years and years. Obviously this isn't the case though.

Who kicks the football? The playing group!

Players are ****ing soft.

I take anything that Hertier says with a grain of salt these days. After he slunked off from training that time for a few days and then explained how he was dealing with trauma from childhood sexual assault… and I felt bad for him, only to find out he was trading on a relative’s trauma… it really said a lot about him that he would be that repugnant of an Individual to use someone else’s pain for a few days off.

Got absolutely no time for him anymore.

Makes sense.

“You blokes are a dumb waste of space, you’re all shit, if you arseholes had half as good a day as I did we’d have crapped it in. I’m the only good thing in this godforsaken hell hole, so be more like me and the rest of the amazing coaching team. You don’t deserve to be coached by us, we are amazeballs.”

Makes sense.

“You blokes are a dumb waste of space, you’re all shit, if you arseholes had half as good a day as I did we’d have crapped it in. I’m the only good thing in this godforsaken hell hole, so be more like me and the rest of the amazing coaching team. You don’t deserve to be coached by us, we are amazeballs.”

Quoting Don Pyke?

Heard that.

Shocking thing to say.

The ****ing ego in the coaches box to even think they’re having good and bad days, like they’re somehow separate from the on-field result, is astonishing, and sums up everything wrong with today’s “expert” class.

Heard that.

Shocking thing to say.

The ******* ego in the coaches box to even think they’re having good and bad days, like they’re somehow separate from the on-field result, is astonishing, and sums up everything wrong with today’s “expert” class.
Rex Hunt would say about his footy tips that he was tipping brilliantly, the teams were just playing poorly

The difference is that Noble is serious

Heard that.

Shocking thing to say.

The ******* ego in the coaches box to even think they’re having good and bad days, like they’re somehow separate from the on-field result, is astonishing, and sums up everything wrong with today’s “expert” class.
Think of coaches like fact checkers. The real question is how competent are those in charge of fact checking the fact checkers;) as in the wider world, there is the success or failure of a club in a nutshell

Last edited:
Hate trying to quote from other threads (When they're locked)

Geoffa32 "Blind Goal Umpire."

Smooth Criminal "check his bank account for any transactions from kochie"

TubbsFarquhar "That's an all-time howler from that goal umpire. You could fly an Airbus 380 between the ball and the fingers."

adelaidecrows "Goal umpire guessed it was touched. I'm sorry but I think he has to explain why he guessed and didn't wait for a review. That was either cheating for crowd affirmation or incompetence"

ams4crows "That is the worst decision of all time and why we have score reviews for absolute howlers like that"

I've spoken to one umpire from the game, and someone I know spoke to another umpire from the match, and both have said the same thing.

In regards to that decision. The goal umpire was going to pay it a goal.

However, a player asked the field umpire why he called play-on. And when the field umpire replied to the player he said it was touched. However, this timed perfectly with the goal umpire coming up to the line to to pay his signal. And through this miscommunication, he paid a point as he heard through the head-set from a field umpire "touched"

Hate trying to quote from other threads (When they're locked)

Geoffa32 "Blind Goal Umpire."

Smooth Criminal "check his bank account for any transactions from kochie"

TubbsFarquhar "That's an all-time howler from that goal umpire. You could fly an Airbus 380 between the ball and the fingers."

adelaidecrows "Goal umpire guessed it was touched. I'm sorry but I think he has to explain why he guessed and didn't wait for a review. That was either cheating for crowd affirmation or incompetence"

ams4crows "That is the worst decision of all time and why we have score reviews for absolute howlers like that"

I've spoken to one umpire from the game, and someone I know spoke to another umpire from the match, and both have said the same thing.

In regards to that decision. The goal umpire was going to pay it a goal.

However, a player asked the field umpire why he called play-on. And when the field umpire replied to the player he said it was touched. However, this timed perfectly with the goal umpire coming up to the line to to pay his signal. And through this miscommunication, he paid a point as he heard through the head-set from a field umpire "touched"

What's the context for all this?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's pretty easy to say "I told them what to do, they just didn't do it" and blame the players, but then you're not looking at if the player was capable of doing what you told them to do or if it'd even work.

GWS have super talent, but a horrible culture (very front running and selfish).
As we saw in the 'Making their mark' doco, Cameron is a terrible coach.

Funnily enough, I suspect that Nicks would be the perfect coach for GWS. He's excellent at getting the players on board, building culture and having them give 100%. The talent level would probably make up for his lack of tactical nous.

Could we give them Nicks now, leave Burns to coach the rest of the year and then add Clarkson as coach?

Leave me alone. I can dream.

Pink Cartoon GIF by Molang

For Clarko its gws or North... he'd be insane to even consider North.

Gws has a super talented team and stars on all lines... just needs to give them the right mindset and gameplan.

Instant premiership....

North still needs 3 or 4 years of recruiting and they need to ensure they hit all their picks and trades... and all the planets to align..

And port are at the end of their window... all their stars have aged and will retire this year or the next. They are a few years behind North.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back