MFC Fans Only Non Demons Footy Chat 2023 - incl. AFL Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Chucked it to Bont for an autograph perhaps?

Dogs players very arrogant, the crowd was only going nuts at them coz none of them picked it up for the poor supporter who dropped it. That's why they were saying "HEADS DOWN!!!" they were trying to get them to notice the scarf on the ground. 🥰

The latest coach to be linked to the Suns is three-time Richmond premiership coach Damien Hardwick who recently left his post at Punt Road.

Dew revealed that he jokingly texted his former Port Adelaide teammate after he stepped away from the job about his future.

“So look, I texted Damien and I said, ‘Thanks for the timing mate, I’ve just got rid of Clarko’ (laughs),” Dew said.

“He said, ‘No, no I'm not taking anyone's job, I’m going away for five years’.”

Someone dug this up from 3 months ago.

Some good analysis here (FoxFooty article below). I agree we’re ripe to see at least one team from outside the top four make a preliminary final this year. Carlton and GWS if they can pinch 8th spot are playing good enough footy to make it to the penultimate weekend of finals. Sydney aren’t to be dismissed either.

Encouragingly, the Dees have the best statistical profile among the top 4 sides in some of the key metrics heading into September. We’re definitely a live chance to win this premiership if a few of the intangibles roll our way.

GWS were still paying $51 to win the flag prior to last weekend. That’s already come in to $35 and expect it to halve again if they make the 8 this weekend. Good value even now given the evenness of this year’s contenders.

Last edited:
Cats doing Dogs a huge favour resting Hawkins, Cameron and three or four other best 22 players. GWS will be filthy on them.

Geez Bombers are bad. Arguably the worst in the comp right now.

The last round matches are either great or absolute hot garbage. This is going to be hot garbage. Bombers better hope Pies take the foot off or this is looking like another 100pt loss.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fixture was put in place before essendon turned to poo.
Essendon had lost three games (smashed in two) and beaten West coast by a point in the lead up to the fixture being released.

A walk-in-the-park easy kill like this is not ideal for Pies on eve of finals, particularly coming off a run of poor form. False economy.

I look at Essendon and think they are a 8 to 12 ladder position team. With the list they have they need to be competing for a GF over the next four years otherwise most of the top players they have will be moving into retirement.

A walk-in-the-park easy kill like this is not ideal for Pies on eve of finals, particularly coming off a run of poor form. False economy.

I was going to say the opposite and this will play them back into form on the eve of finals.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Essendon had lost three games (smashed in two) and beaten West coast by a point in the lead up to the fixture being released.
Thought it was earlier than that, well then it was a case of grossly rewarding a terrible team based on reputation. A bit like that year Carlton got every Friday night game while being garbage, I think it was 2015 and they got flogged by 130 points in one of them.

I look at Essendon and think they are a 8 to 12 ladder position team. With the list they have they need to be competing for a GF over the next four years otherwise most of the top players they have will be moving into retirement.
They were supposed to be starting a rebuild when Rutten came on. He shocked everyone and made the finals and they panicked when he couldn't back it up. They're actually super young and should be trying to maximise their draft hand over trying to make a token finals appearance every year.

Remove this Banner Ad

MFC Fans Only Non Demons Footy Chat 2023 - incl. AFL Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Back