MFC Fans Only Non Demons Footy Chat 2023 - incl. AFL Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

I was going to say the opposite and this will play them back into form on the eve of finals.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Mentally and physically a decent tune up is what you want, especially with a week off. This sh1t bears zero resemblance of what they will face in two weeks. I would hate this if I was McRae.

Essendon could still make finals mathematically.
That's right. Using maths, you can multiply their score by Collingwood's score and they start to look a lot better.

Essendon have a weird list: Ridley, Zerk-Thatcher, McGrath, Redman, Laverde, Merrett, Parish, Draper, Martin, Durham, Martin, Langford, Wright, Stringer, Perkins and Hobbs makes a good, youngish core. Yet, who are the genuine stars out of that?

But then you’ve got Jones, Reid and Cox who seem to be made of glass. A complete dearth of genuine KPDs. Finally, there’s a cavalcade of genuine list cloggers like Caldwell, Shiel, Weideman, Snelling, Setterfield, Stewart, Hind, Heppell, Kelly and Phillips

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Essendon have a weird list: Ridley, Zerk-Thatcher, McGrath, Redman, Laverde, Merrett, Parish, Draper, Martin, Durham, Martin, Langford, Wright, Stringer, Perkins and Hobbs makes a good, youngish core. Yet, who are the genuine stars out of that?

But then you’ve got Jones, Reid and Cox who seem to be made of glass. A complete dearth of genuine KPDs. Finally, there’s a cavalcade of genuine list cloggers like Caldwell, Shiel, Weideman, Snelling, Setterfield, Stewart, Hind, Heppell, Kelly and Phillips
Real no-mans land stuff

It’s not good.

Leadership issues. McGrath seems like a nothing sort of a player and captain. Heppell before him didn’t inspire. Stringer’s mud guts an ongoing poor example for younger players.

Recruiting wise, two early first rounders for Shiel was a horror call by Dodoro. How that bloke is still there after 20 years of failure is one of the AFL’s great mysteries. This year, courtesy of finishing in no-man’s land again, they’ll watch others hoover up the best 8 kids before they get a look in.

Last edited:
It’s not good.

Massive leadership issues. McGrath seems like a nothing sort of a player and captain. Heppell before him didn’t inspire. Stringer’s mud guts a shocking example for younger players.

Two early first round picks for Shiel was a shocker of a call. This year they’ll watch others hoover up the best 8 kids before they get a look in.
They should be trying to get the Gold Coast pick. They need to find some genuine stars.

That said, I kind of love it. School years were 91-2003 in the north-western suburbs. * those campaigners, I hope they’re s**t forever.

This. Where everyone went for Essendon and they were arrogant campaigners every season. The post 2000 Grand Final was rough.

**** them. Hope the joint burns down and they salt the earth.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

MFC Fans Only Non Demons Footy Chat 2023 - incl. AFL Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Back