Oppo Camp Non Eagles Discussion thread - 2016 Finals/offseason edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I might add how good do you think our players are that they can faff around like a bunch of fairies not caring if the win or lose but manage to win 16 games.
Sleep if off, I feel your pain.

And I might add how good do you think our players are that they can faff around like a bunch of fairies not caring if the win or lose but manage to win 16 games.
Sleep if off, I feel your pain.

The issue is we won most of our games this year off the back of our super star players and special performances from individual players i.e. If JK kicked half the goals he did this year we would have finished in the bottom half of the ladder. We do not have an even spread across our entire playing group and our depth is non-existent especially in relation to our midfield. We need our up and coming players like Duggan, Nelson, Sheed etc to really go to the next level or we will be left behind very quickly.

The issue is we won most of our games this year off the back of our super star players and special performances from individual players i.e. If JK kicked half the goals he did this year we would have finished in the bottom half of the ladder. We do not have an even spread across our entire playing group and our depth is non-existent especially in relation to our midfield. We need our up and coming players like Duggan, Nelson, Sheed etc to really go to the next level or we will be left behind very quickly.

Summed it up perfectly, much better than my drunken ramblings could have.

We are soft. Nobody can dispute that. We leave too much to too few, and we carry way too many players that are getting played on reputation, and not current form.

There shpuld be no excuse for losing a home elim final against a travelling side, that haven't beaten us at home for over 10 years.

Not arguing with you Champ, just used your post as a portal for my anger and dissapointment

We are soft. Nobody can dispute that. We leave too much to too few, and we carry way too many players that are getting played on reputation, and not current form.

There shpuld be no excuse for losing a home elim final against a travelling side, that haven't beaten us at home for over 10 years.

Not arguing with you Champ, just used your post as a portal for my anger and dissapointment

All good mate. Don't get many people quoting me saying I had something insightful to say.
Look I just feel so drained and disheartened when comparing our organisation with the best in the comp. The likes Dogs, Hawks, Swans just have so much belief, passion, drive and true love for their club that they will all do literally anything to win. We used to be like that, not so much anymore.

Simple its the board... then the coach etc you guys do realize that most of our coaches are ex kangaroo players surely something should be done... what about that Robert warlop guy from hawthorn thought he was good??

it also shows how weak our depth is. Our depth outside the b22 are either young or absolute crab cakes that don't deserve a gig. The fact that 2014 looks like an everage draft for us is going to hurt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gee bob Murphy is a great guy and very selfless but he is making himself look a little ridiculous.

Interesting finals series

First time a team has won from 7th
First time both qualifying finals have lost the prelim

Only change to the format - the bye

This year was odd in that the gap from 1st to 7th was as small as it's ever been and in a lot of ways I liked that all the finals participants got a week off to freshen up but it dilutes the advantage of finishing top 4 and earning a week off during the finals.

It's hard to believe that the Bulldogs would have won today had it not been for that bye. I hope the fairytale finish doesn't cloud a rational assessment of whether the bye should be kept
I thought I read where there had been a vote from all the Clubs and the majority are in favour of keeping the bye next year.

Norm Smith medal .... a joke.

Agree. I would have given it to tom Boyd. Had he not done what he did, they wouldn't have won.

But anyway, JJ still had an excellent game.

Agreed. The bye needs to go, straight away. Everyone can see it's a massive disadvantage to the teams that earn the week off from the top 4. The dogs would never have got past week 1 had the bye not been there, and that was one of the reasons I was going for Sydney today, I feel like they benefited from it the most, and surprise, they are victorian medias dream story from the last few years. Nobody mentions their rediculous free kick differential, yet jumps on us at any chance for the same thing. They got the first 9 games at home, and got lucky with a home semi having not earned one.

The bye completely ruined any momentum we had, and allowed all their underdone payers to come back, when any other season they would've missed.

As you can all see, I'm still very bitter about it all, and I hate seeing other teams win the flag when it's not us. I just hope the boys were forced to sit down and watch it, followed by last years choke, to try and envoke some sort of response from them.
The thing is though that everybody know the tempo lifts quite considerably come finals time, but the Eagles turn up in their leisurely fashion thinking they had already won the game as it was being played at Domain. You would have thought the players would have learnt after the Adelaide game earlier in the year that it is possible to lose at home if you don't turn up to play!

Dogs showed us all finals what we lack, a back bone, will power and heart.

They just keep fighting.

Our list on paper is fine only a few of our players really want it the rest are passengers.

if every state had a +85k seat venue then i would be open to it. It could happen in the future if ANZ and burswood reach the 85k mark but SA is one of the biggest footy states in Australia and its highly unlikely that they will have a stadium that big. the atmosphere at the G on grand final day is immense and its mainly due to the large crowd.
Superbowl games and world cup finals have been played in front of 65k

Bullshit argument. The day they give 80% of the tickets to the opposing teams is the day i will accept the minimun attendance argument.

I didn't stay til the end.place was packed wasn't it!! I was standing against the wall where he was sitting.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
Sure was, especially with some ruckmen with Sydney guernseys blocking half the big screen. Might have bumped into you, I was in the corner next to the kid at the bar. I should've asked Peter if he could ruck and would be up for a tour west!

Sure was, especially with some ruckmen with Sydney guernseys blocking half the big screen. Might have bumped into you, I was in the corner next to the kid at the bar. I should've asked Peter if he could ruck and would be up for a tour west!
Haha you were probably on the other side of a little fold up table that I folded up eventually when a couple basically stood on top of me.yeah the swans supporter was tall!
Might have passed my empties to you to get them back to the bar
Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Dogs showed us all finals what we lack, a back bone, will power and heart.

They just keep fighting.

Our list on paper is fine only a few of our players really want it the rest are passengers.

They also cheat the system and get a rather ridiculous run with the umpires.

Good on them and everything but I for one am already over the love in.

Also over 'Bob'. You played three games this years, piss off with your theatrics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back