Oppo Camp Non Eagles Discussion thread - 2016 Finals/offseason edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man reading over these last few pages has got me thinking.

Have you campaigners ever watched a game without blaming the umpires for a result that you didn't want? "Umpiring was shocking", "Look at the free kick differential", "Umps loved the doggies", "I'm a moronic, bitter idiot" etc.

I guarantee you no umpire goes out to support another team and if you're too thick to see this then uppercut yourself.

The Bulldogs played better footy and it was fantastic to watch, get over that we didn't make it ffs.

Gonna preface this by saying I've been drinking heavily all day. I'm honestly proud I can still type shit.

I can actually see the boys thinking "oh we lost to the eventual premiers, that's okay then" and doing sweet **** all again next year, but that might just be my inner pessimist coming out.
I can honestly see us getting left behind or swamped by some up and coming teams next season if the club doesn't pull the finger out.

What annoys me most out of anything I've read or watched lately is Cransburg's address in the latest Eagle Eye mag. He said something about being proud that we're a regular calculation in finals or some crap, or always challenging or something stupid like that. That just reeks of mediocrity seeping in. **** finals appearances, I'd rather we be dead last if we aren't going hard for a ****ing flag. What a load of drivel. We're the premier interstate club, ****ing represent that by being ruthless on and off field or get ****ed. I'm sick of the "almost good enough" shit we get peddled constantly. Been like that for what seems like forever.

They also cheat the system and get a rather ridiculous run with the umpires.

Good on them and everything but I for one am already over the love in.

Also over 'Bob'. You played three games this years, piss off with your theatrics.
C'mon, let them enjoy their time in the sun.

And nobody outside of their club would know the true impact Murphy has had on the group. I'd say it has been a hugely significant one.

Gonna preface this by saying I've been drinking heavily all day. I'm honestly proud I can still type shit.

I can actually see the boys thinking "oh we lost to the eventual premiers, that's okay then" and doing sweet **** all again next year, but that might just be my inner pessimist coming out.
I can honestly see us getting left behind or swamped by some up and coming teams next season if the club doesn't pull the finger out.

What annoys me most out of anything I've read or watched lately is Cransburg's address in the latest Eagle Eye mag. He said something about being proud that we're a regular calculation in finals or some crap, or always challenging or something stupid like that. That just reeks of mediocrity seeping in. **** finals appearances, I'd rather we be dead last if we aren't going hard for a ******* flag. What a load of drivel. We're the premier interstate club, ******* represent that by being ruthless on and off field or get stuffed. I'm sick of the "almost good enough" shit we get peddled constantly. Been like that for what seems like forever.
I get the same feeling as well. I think we got every department covered except the midfield. Get the midfield right and then we still remain in the hunt. That's why I believe we need to be active for mids this off season. Cause atm it kinda feel like we are pinning hopes on yeo, redden and Jetta finding form and guys like sheed, duggan and Nelson taking a step up. Theres a big chance of all that happening but if we just rely on it happening then we are most likely going to suffer if those guys don't improve. That's why we got get on the front foot and bring some couple of guys in this trade period.

Not taking anything away from the dogs but it hell feels weird that a team that finished 7th is the premier. It usually doesn't feel that weird when the 3rd or 4th best side through out the years wins it but this is a first. Not sure if a like it or not.

Not taking anything away from the dogs but it hell feels weird that a team that finished 7th is the premier. It usually doesn't feel that weird when the 3rd or 4th best side through out the years wins it but this is a first. Not sure if a like it or not.
I think it's fine, especially in such a close year. The inequality in the draw probably played a bigger part than normal this year. I don't think Geelong were any more deserving for example after finishing top 2 on the back of playing Essendon and Brisbane twice each.

Like us they were a game of top spot; and a bye is a first so usual situation and history doesn't count as much

Last edited:
What annoys me most out of anything I've read or watched lately is Cransburg's address in the latest Eagle Eye mag. He said something about being proud that we're a regular calculation in finals or some crap, or always challenging or something stupid like that. That just reeks of mediocrity seeping in. **** finals appearances, I'd rather we be dead last if we aren't going hard for a ******* flag. What a load of drivel. We're the premier interstate club, ******* represent that by being ruthless on and off field or get stuffed. I'm sick of the "almost good enough" shit we get peddled constantly. Been like that for what seems like forever.
It always makes me laugh that people think that others who have played the game at a high level, and managed to get themselves positions as heads of corporations outside of football are happy with average results.

These types of people are driven and competitive and hate losing. Just because he writes something to appease the masses, doesn't mean jack shit. I have written many an essay I don't believe a word of, but know what my audience wants to hear.

I personally saw Cransberg in the players rooms at the MCG after the Collingwood game. I can tell you that everything about his demeanour said that he was filthy about the result, was not a happy camper at all.

I would have given Boyd the NS to be honest, drunken me seems to remember JJ wasting a lot of disposals?
There was a period in the first half where he had the ball ~5 times in a small period and gave it to a Swans player every disposal. The guy is well spoken and I am happy for him but I would have given the NS to Boyd or other Kennedy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like us they were a game of top spot; and a bye is a first so usual situation and history doesn't count as much

Actually WB were on 15 wins after losing their last game vs Freo, but they probably didn't really care that much about winning it since their percentage was too low to leapfrog anybody else on 16 wins.

Actually WB were on 15 wins after losing their last game vs Freo, but they probably didn't really care that much about winning it since their percentage was too low to leapfrog anybody else on 16 wins.
Well that changes everything. They were a top four side in reality (with injuries mid season) and had beaten the swans

I could not see masten and his ilk getting a kick yesterday which is the point

Well that changes everything. They were a top four side in reality (with injuries mid season) and had beaten the swans

None of our players got a kick yesterday

Well that changes everything. They were a top four side in reality (with injuries
mid season) and had beaten the swans

Yeah no, WB definitely should've been on 16 wins as well, no reason why they couldn't have beaten the Dockers if they wanted to, probably decided to be charitable and let Pav finish his career with a win.

Screen Shot 2016-10-02 at 4.19.03 PM.png

look at what this meth head posted on the Guardian Australia facebook page regarding a western bulldogs video.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back