Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Just like Victorian hotels and the airlines have been doing for the GF for years. Would be nice if some sort of corporate watch-dog could step in and do something about it.

*inb4sweetsummerchild

The best thing about coming from brissy is you dodge the hikes on flights.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Bit of a weird one, how did you guys feel about Jaymie Graham being dropped for the grand final in 06 despite playing every other game that year? Was it accepted at the time as the right move to fit Wirrpanda back in the side or was there a feeling he was harshly done-by and deserved to play?

Graham didn't play the semi-final against the Bulldogs and only came in for the prelim because Wirrpanda was out. He was super unlucky though, but no way Wirrpanda wasn't being brought back in. Just no one else to leave out and Sydney didn't have a tall forward line.

Just like Victorian hotels and the airlines have been doing for the GF for years. Would be nice if some sort of corporate watch-dog could step in and do something about it.

*inb4sweetsummerchild
Not just the GF either. And not just hotels. Airlines for one.

Any event.

Grand Prix weekend, school holidays, Margaret River Wine Festival. Think of an event and it probably happens.

Called dynamic pricing. Or in old terms, supply and demand.

And the argument from the hotels/airlines is that they drop the prices in low demand times to get the customers in, not increase the prices in times of high demand. I'll leave which one (or both) I believe to your imagination.

Not just the GF either. And not just hotels. Airlines for one.

Any event.

Grand Prix weekend, school holidays, Margaret River Wine Festival. Think of an event and it probably happens.

Called dynamic pricing. Or in old terms, supply and demand.

And the argument from the hotels/airlines is that they drop the prices in low demand times to get the customers in, not increase the prices in times of high demand. I'll leave which one (or both) I believe to your imagination.
Travelling overseas at Christmas and Lunar new year sucks all the $$$ out of your wallet.

But travelling mid year on half price business class is ok.

Graham didn't play the semi-final against the Bulldogs and only came in for the prelim because Wirrpanda was out. He was super unlucky though, but no way Wirrpanda wasn't being brought back in. Just no one else to leave out and Sydney didn't have a tall forward line.

Wirrapanda reckons he tore both his hammies in the 06 grand final and played out the game

Wirrapanda reckons he tore both his hammies in the 06 grand final and played out the game
Would never have been considered to play if it was any other game. The story goes Wirra ruled himself out early, Woosha basically ignored him and told him to get on the plane and try to get up anyway.

Would never have been considered to play if it was any other game. The story goes Wirra ruled himself out early, Woosha basically ignored him and told him to get on the plane and try to get up anyway.

I wonder if Woosh was having some flashbacks to the way he finished up during this decision making process.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How’d Wirra go in the GF? Can’t remember that much tbh.
He was immense. As stated, played loose in front of Hall all day and didn't give an inch. There was a moment either late in the first or early in the second where he slid down low under two Swans players and dished off to Chick who was free. It was that moment I thought, wow I think we might the lot!

He was immense. As stated, played loose in front of Hall all day and didn't give an inch. There was a moment either late in the first or early in the second where he slid down low under two Swans players and dished off to Chick who was free. It was that moment I thought, wow I think we might the lot!
That might've been when he did his hammy.

Despite Liam Jones out injured for the Dogs, Busslinger still can't crack a game.

Rory Lobb preferred down back now.

He was epic

Remove this Banner Ad

Back