Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Collingwood comments:

Pop Corn GIF by WWE

Gotta admit Freo are looking like a very good chance at making a Prelim at worst.

From there who knows.

In fact I'd be surprised if 3 of the Prelim sides aren't non Vic from here (Syd, Freo, Bris)

Sent from my SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Every side currently in finals contention has had patches where they’ve looked very good but also some down periods

Fremantle are enjoying a good patch right now but there’s still four rounds until finals so the question for them is can they sustain their current form into and during the finals

At the moment the bulldogs, lions and hawthorn are similar.

Flag is going to won by the team that can get to finals healthy and in form. Could be any of 6 or 7 teams and home finals will be important

Every side currently in finals contention has had patches where they’ve looked very good but also some down periods

Fremantle are enjoying a good patch right now but there’s still four rounds until finals so the question for them is can they sustain their current form into and during the finals

At the moment the bulldogs, lions and hawthorn are similar.

Flag is going to won by the team that can get to finals healthy and in form. Could be any of 6 or 7 teams and home finals will be important
Who has Freo beaten recently that is any good? Beat Syd by a point but they're in a form slump. Other recent wins were two bottom 4 teams (us and richmond), GC and Melb. Let's see how they go against a few top 8 teams to finish the season

Who has Freo beaten recently that is any good?

You could say that about nearly every side, such is the ladder this year.

Out of guaranteed finalists, Freo and Brisbane are by far in the best form of those in the top 4.

Sydney and Carlton are staggering at exactly the wrong time.

GWS are knocking on the door but I'm not convinced they'll make top 4.

Geelong = meh

Port = Double meh. Will they even make it?

Bulldogs - White hot form. Can they make the top 4? If they do, they should be close to favourites.

Hawthorn - Surprisingly only 1 game and % off top 4 and would be in front of Bulldogs and Port in 7th, if they'd not choked in the last 2 seconds against Port.

So realistically, only the 2 teams in 8th and 9th can match Freo and Brisbane for form currently.

The fact that Freo and Brisbane both have a draw makes it incredibly interesting, as only 3% separates the 2 and could be the difference between a home or away prelim.

That is ludicrous.

Looking at AFL tables he has played 29 times in Qld (20 at Gabba), 27 times in Sydney, 18 in Adelaide and 21 times in Perth.
Surprisingly he tends to play away games vs. the Qld teams. 29 of 38 games away. And the NSW teams, 27 of 41 away. The opposite is true when it comes to Adelaide teams, only 18 of 43 away. And Perth teams, 21 of 45 away.
Off 399 games 304 have been in Melbourne.

Having to travel to Docklands 53 times must have shortened his career by at least 25 games. Collingwood should complain.

So Tyson Stengle gets paralytic, rushed to hospital and zilch, nada, nothing.
Doesn't even miss a game.

And pretty much crickets from the Vic media.

Could you imagine if that was an Eagle and we did the same thing?
We would've gotten absolutely slaughtered in the media.

So Tyson Stengle gets paralytic, rushed to hospital and zilch, nada, nothing.
Doesn't even miss a game.

And pretty much crickets from the Vic media.

Could you imagine if that was an Eagle and we did the same thing?
We would've gotten absolutely slaughtered in the media.

To be fair, Tyler Brockman left the scene after driving into a lamppost in the middle of the night and the reporting of that was pretty measured all things considered. As was Isiah Winder’s assault in Geelong

What I do find strange, is that Geelong don’t seem to be disciplining him in any way that I’ve read.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be fair, Tyler Brockman left the scene after driving into a lamppost in the middle of the night and the reporting of that was pretty measured all things considered. As was Isiah Winder’s assault in Geelong

What I do find strange, is that Geelong don’t seem to be disciplining him in any way that I’ve read.
Fair enough Keys, but we then made Brockman unavailable for selection until after the bye.
And secondly, half of the media haven't heard of Brockman.
Stengle on the other hand.

Or the media in Victoria doesn’t really care, whereas the West will make a big deal about anything that happens in a nightclub in Perth.

Or the media in Victoria doesn’t really care, whereas the West will make a big deal about anything that happens in a nightclub in Perth.

It's coz we only have The Hip E and Metro's so it's easier to catch people out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back