Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
McKay just needed to not fall over.

I keep thinking Harry McKay is going to be a superstar when he is fully mature and experienced. This is his eighth season. This is his ability.

He's good.

Why all the Acres hate? He was literally forced from the club because they thought Hughes was a good replacement...

Nil all draw those two, with Stephen Dodd the referee.

It appears after only seeing Hughes play a handful of games in the last 2 and a half years, that JLO has forgotten what an absolute liability Hughes is.

Hopefully NOD is match fit soon.

I hope that was just an anomaly from Acres because he was totally bang average and soft.

Awkward Episode 2 GIF by The Office

Carlton Head of List Management Nick Austin said the Club had targeted Acres as part of its list strategy.
“His ability to perform in the most high-pressure games this year was a real strength of his."
“We’re rapt to welcome Blake to the Blues"

Round 1;
Screenshot_20230316-203122_Edge.jpg

It amazes me how they're smashing O'Brien for that run down the wing and pinpoint kick.
Yeah he actually did amazing to run all the way down the wing, four bounces, gained so much territory, and then even after messing out the last part he delivers a perfectly weighted pinpoint kick to McKay who slips at the worst possible time.

How's this gem:

We got beaten at our preferred game plan but still drew albeit its hard to tell how good Richmond will be due to their ageing squad.

IMO on balance of play we deserved to lose but for the “in game” situation we should have won so maybe a draw was an apt result.

IMO the game just highlights that our midfield and backline are good enough but our forward line is still by far our weakest link.

If having consecutive coleman medallists in your fwd line makes it the weakest link, sign me the **** up!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But how are we going to make the 8 if we can only score 60 a game?

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app
It's hilarious isn't it? The exact same talking heads that said we can't kick enough points to win a premiership are now waxing lyrically about how both teams tonight look like they have the top 4 defensive structures which wins flags.
It might be true, but if it is, so do we.

It's hilarious isn't it? The exact same talking heads that said we can't kick enough points to win a premiership are now waxing lyrically about how both teams tonight look like they have the top 4 defensive structures which wins flags.
It might be true, but if it is, so do we.

The thing that irks me the most is that certain teams are permitted to have their narrative change on the basis of **** all evidence.

Tonight apparently already shows that Carlton are improving in clutch scenarios and that they've improved their defensive game enough for a flag tilt.
Fremantle would need to kick 150 points every week from now till June and we'd still cop the odd 'have they got enough up forward?'

Shouldn't matter but it's tiresome nonetheless.

Remember when old Blakers had that massive squib for us against the Cats

Thought he’d got that out of his game TBH , anyways I still like him and wish he was still with us…. maybe we should wait to see what our old friend ‘howler’ Hughes dishes up before we get the conga line going

Good to have the footy back

I enjoyed the ruck battle , some of Rioli’s runs from the backline and Doc’s 60m boomer

Last edited:
It amazes me how they're smashing O'Brien for that run down the wing and pinpoint kick.
I think behind the goals footage will show a different story, McKay was in so much space he could have fallen and still kicked the goal but O’Brien waited on it and made it a tight situation

Bad decision but great execution

I think behind the goals footage will show a different story, McKay was in so much space he could have fallen and still kicked the goal but O’Brien waited on it and made it a tight situation

Bad decision but great execution
to be fair, if McKay hadn’t slipped that’s an uncontested mark pretty much, literally all he needed to do was keep his feet

to be fair, if McKay hadn’t slipped that’s an uncontested mark pretty much, literally all he needed to do was keep his feet

It pretty much would have been an uncontested mark if he held it. It hit him on the chest with no defender even going for the ball.

How's this gem:

If having consecutive coleman medallists in your fwd line makes it the weakest link, sign me the * up!
To be fair, their small/medium forwards are dog poop. No Pickett, Shai Bolton types. It's pretty average. Jack Martin only bothers to turn up every month. Owies is a tough battler but not quite the finished product.

Where or what was he meant to do? Curnow was miles inside the 50 and a harder kick. McKay fumbled and still could've marked on the ground if he didn't then slipped. It was brilliant kick and fantastic play.

To be fair, their small/medium forwards are dog poop. No Pickett, Shai Bolton types. It's pretty average. Jack Martin only bothers to turn up every month. Owies is a tough battler but not quite the finished product.
That’s on their forward coach then. All of them have ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back