Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
McAdam got three weeks.

Rules him out for our game in round 4.
Every one of the weekends three "bumps" intentional, not careless!
Dog Acts.
No place in the modern game.
Professional Footballers inflicting Assaults on fellow workers.
Penalise the act not the result.
The Competition agreed the "Head is Sacrosanct".
If we are serious its time for the unthinkable rule change...
Red Card/ SendOff in real time!

I know that this is too controversial but it would stamp out these and other acts instantly. In McAdam's case he gets 3 weeks, first week his team plays one man short, the remaining 2 weeks are suspended subject to "good behaviour" for the balance of the season.
The argument against is who is willing to adjudicate but somehow we have to bite the bullet and eliminate concussion incidents.

It's a contact sport played by competitive athletes who sign up to play and get paid well for it. I agree concussions should be minimised where it comes from a deliberate action, but concussions will still occur and can't be eliminated short of either making it a non-contact sport, or having the players run around in bubble suits

maxresdefault.jpg

Haha the AFL getting themselves embroiled in an Israeli flag controversy is hilarious.
Where is my popcorn? This should be fun to see them disentangle themselves from 😂

I like the current discussion on that. There's people arguing that if a star of david is to be banned then so should the pride flag and Indigenous flag.

I can't find the fault in that logic, but I don't think it's going to play out that way.

I like the current discussion on that. There's people arguing that if a star of david is to be banned then so should the pride flag and Indigenous flag.

I can't find the fault in that logic, but I don't think it's going to play out that way.
If it was just the star of david it wouldn't be an issue. Israel is an apartheid state with a history of genocides and war crimes. Not to mention Sheezel isn't even Israeli. Would you bring a Saudi flag to support a Lebanese muslim?

This is no different to the Russian flag being banned at various sporting events.

Every one of the weekends three "bumps" intentional, not careless!
Dog Acts.
No place in the modern game.
Professional Footballers inflicting Assaults on fellow workers.
Penalise the act not the result.
The Competition agreed the "Head is Sacrosanct".
If we are serious its time for the unthinkable rule change...
Red Card/ SendOff in real time!
Like it all up until the last one.
If the MRO and tribunal were tougher, there will be no need for that.
Maybe number four is not far away. It will make Gill and his band of Bandits sit up and take notice.

If it was just the star of david it wouldn't be an issue. Israel is an apartheid state with a history of genocides and war crimes. Not to mention Sheezel isn't even Israeli. Would you bring a Saudi flag to support a Lebanese muslim?

This is no different to the Russian flag being banned at various sporting events.

I think you either allow all the flags or you don't allow any of them. I would side with not allowing any since I find myself wondering how the people sitting behind the goals, specifically behind those huge member supporter flags feel about their view of the ground being impeded.

I'm content to leave all politics out of sport and if bringing the flag of the only Jewish state on the planet is how people felt best to represent their support of faith - then I can understand it.

But everyone can leave their flags at home from now on as far as I'm concerned.

Not to have a go at you but that is an incredibly simplistic view of things. Also any convos to do with politics always ends up stupid so we should probably keep it to the politics thread 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Halfway through first quarter.
Blake Acres: 100% TOG, 0 touches.

Cerra doing OK
Second Thursday night in a row Carlton are getting absolutely carried by umpires. Soft fixture, prime time slots, umpires in the pocket - the AFL could not be any more helpful if they tried

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back