Non-Lions discussion 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He will go around for sure and become a caricature of himself - grubbier, nastier, sulkier and play the victim constantly.

I don’t think the Johnson and Johnson baby oil will cut it next year.

His manager is probably trying to secure an Astroglide sponsorship as we speak.

I don’t think the Johnson and Johnson baby oil will cut it next year.

His manager is probably trying to secure an Astroglide sponsorship as we speak.

If the tribunal ever convicts him he might be able to get rubbed out for 6-8 weeks, saves people seeing him struggle onfield for a third of the season. Through in a nagging injury that comes good in rd 23 for a farewell game and there's a final season.

Some serious holes too. Stewart back helps but surely Henderson doesn't go round again, so no real big defender unless they put Blicavs back - where he is way less effective. Ruck a big problem too. You don't need to have Gawn to be successful but you do need to not completely suck.

Only choice is to completely bottom out and bring in some journeyman role players to to mitigate the damage and allow the younger players to develop without getting pummelled each week. All those picks for one year of Jeremy Cameron in their window looking like a disastrous decision.

Chris Scott on the phone to Carlton now clarifying what their upcoming "process" entails. If he doesn't jump ship he'll be sacked as Geelong decide who oversees their rebuild.

Chris Scott on the phone to Carlton now clarifying what their upcoming "process" entails. If he doesn't jump ship he'll be sacked as Geelong decide who oversees their rebuild.

The Geelong coaching job going forward would be close to the most unappealing coaching opportunity in recent memory.

Melbourne would have never made it if wasn't for our thread. I feel part of it in some small way

irel only has two weeks left on bigfooty for creating that thread.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Melbourne were that good that they would have beaten any team by 10 goals tonight, I think the Dogs have some big bodied mids that can compete at the contest tough so maybe they could compete better in a GF?

Do Geelong start the rebuild now or just double down and go for more experienced players?!
Surely this is a sign to the Geelong board that persisting with Scott and failing for 10 years is fruitless. They've been doubling down for a decade gambling on the same plan. Probably overdue to completely scrap everything and start from square 1 with a new coach and a full rebuild developing their younger players instead of investing in 30+ year old veterans.

The Geelong coaching job going forward would be close to the most unappealing coaching opportunity in recent memory.

For sure. At the very least whoever they get will be asking for long term security but even then it's almost certain to be one of those grinds with heavy losses and lots of drafting that ends with you getting sacked before the team makes any significant ground. Scott's contract ends next year and Geelong won't want to waste any time treading more water before the long rebuild. Leaving now before he gets sacked is the best career move for Scott.

Just hope Melbourne get it all out of their system this year. Don't want them playing like this next year.

They've had a very good run with avoiding injuries to their key players. They've had 9 players play every game (including Gawn, Oliver, Petracca), 4 players miss only one game, and 2 missed two games.

A big part of that is by having the right people involved with Darren Burgess is their High Performance Manager and Selwyn Griffith as their Head of Strength and Conditioning, but it's also a lot of luck too.

They've had a very good run with avoiding injuries to their key players. They've had 9 players play every game (including Gawn, Oliver, Petracca), 4 players miss only one game, and 2 missed two games.

A big part of that is by having the right people involved with Darren Burgess is their High Performance Manager and Selwyn Griffith as their Head of Strength and Conditioning, but it's also a lot of luck too.

They are a really good team, but I also see them as the most susceptible to a drop in form (out of the good teams in the comp) if they got injuries to some key players. Their injury run this year has been phenomenal.

"I didn't say we were at a crossroads I said [a different metaphor for a team at crossroads]"

k, Chris.

https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2Ffs%2F65cb8932-ed74-4413-a4dd-379cc85a4da1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back